Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 7:46:49 PM EDT
Russian, EG or Bulgarian?

Is it worth picking up one of the little Polish bastards as well?  (Technically not a Mak, but 9mmMak)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I can answer tha Polish part...

If you always wanted that little bitty James Bond gun, P-64 is a dream come true.  It's even cheaper than a BB PPK junk.  Hell of an accurate gun too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I can answer tha Polish part...

If you always wanted that little bitty James Bond gun, P-64 is a dream come true.  It's even cheaper than a BB PPK junk.  Hell of an accurate gun too.

Yup, the P64 is extreemly accurate! From 12 yards on a bench rest I was getting 1 inch groups.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#3]
What's a good price on one of the Polish P64s?

Also, which true Makarov is the best buy?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:17:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#5]
How much are the EG or Russian Makarovs going for?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#6]
EG Maks from Southern Ohio Gun are $295, but I don't know what they actually go for in the real world.  I scored mine at a local fun shop for $179 + tax and call-in.

John
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
$120-$140 would be a good buy on a Polish P-64. Very sharp recoil but fine workmanship. As for regular Mak's I would go for EG, Russian, Chinese, and lastly Bulgarian.

I have seen and owned several Maks. From what I have seen I'd say the EG are best followed by Bulgiarian, Russian and then Chinese.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Polish triggers are murder as are Hungarian, I shit you not 25-30lbs, once you get used too it thier great guns.

Bulgy for the money.

Russian for novelty.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Polish triggers are murder as are Hungarian, I shit you not 25-30lbs, once you get used too it thier great guns.

I can't even pull that DA trigger with one finger  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I got a Polish Mak today at a local shop. Appears to never have been used. With extra mag and fees/taxes it came to $196. Beautifully built little gun! Yeah, some on line shops were cheaper. But adding in shipping, time and fees and such it was close enough. I'd rather support this guys shop. He really carries some great stuff!
I shot my buddy's Hungarian Mak at the range recently. I came away impressed.
I found it's trigger to be quite good. But I'm not used to match grade guns. Just service type weapons. Once I compensated for how I "pulled" as I fired the weapon, I could then maintain a 3" group right in the middle of  the target at 25' shooting off hand. Cool little gun!
I realize the Polish P64 isn't a true Mak. Just shoots Mak ammo. I thought this P64 trigger felt even better than the Hungarian.
Waiting on ammo now from SG. Dealer was out. I should be able to test it out at the range next week sometime.

Is the take-down to clean them the same as a regular Mak? I can find great on line info for  the Maks but little about the P64.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top