Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2005 3:31:27 PM EDT
Just recently ordered a new grip for my Bulgy.  It is insanely tight and the screw in the back of the grip will not line up and seed.  Took it to tyhe range today though and left screw out the grip is apparently constricting or obstructing something because the gun jams every shot.  Heres the weird thing the bullet seeds up the ramp and into the barrel but the slides stops short of returning to battery with the bullet 1/2 way home.  

I am fairly certain it is the grip can anyone elaborate or tell something specific?

Is thier anything I can do to make the grip usable or just buy differnt one?  Think it is a Chinese grip trying to work on a Bulgarian Makarov.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just recently ordered a new grip for my Bulgy.  It is insanely tight and the screw in the back of the grip will not line up and seed.  Took it to tyhe range today though and left screw out the grip is apparently constricting or obstructing something because the gun jams every shot.  Heres the weird thing the bullet seeds up the ramp and into the barrel but the slides stops short of returning to battery with the bullet 1/2 way home.  

I am fairly certain it is the grip can anyone elaborate or tell something specific?

Is thier anything I can do to make the grip usable or just buy differnt one?  Think it is a Chinese grip trying to work on a Bulgarian Makarov.

DUDE!!!! Pay attention ...

Without the screw the only thing keeping the hammer spring in place is your HAND ON THE GRIP !

SEE THE SCREW GOING THRU THE SPRING?

Link to disassembly... makarov.com/tech/assembly_print.html

Also - chinese grips use a different screw than Euro grips.

Read some of the tech info on the Mak FAQ page before you mess with the gun again

makarov.com/makfaq.html

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DUDE!!!! Pay attention ...

Without the screw the only thing keeping the hammer spring in place is your HAND ON THE GRIP !

makarov.com/graphics/makleft.jpg

SEE THE SCREW GOING THRU THE SPRING?

Link to disassembly... makarov.com/tech/assembly_print.html

Also - chinese grips use a different screw than Euro grips.

Read some of the tech info on the Mak FAQ page before you mess with the gun again

makarov.com/makfaq.html

The screw was in the first couple of shots same problem.  It is the original screw that came on the Bulgy, new grip though.  Grip is insanely tight, to the point I might brake the grip getting it off.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Anything to add?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy some Pierce rubber Mak grips. They make a great grip for the Makarov!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:55:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you have any problems with function with the original grip?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Did you have any problems with function with the original grip?

No problem is the original grips broke.  Chinese grip is insanely tight and screw cannot line up.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Why run Chinese grips on a Bulgy?  Seems a little counter-intuitive to me.  Ditch the grips.  FWIW my high-cap russian was very sensitive to the tension that the grip screw was tightened to.  Perhaps playing with the tension of the screw will help for you too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top