Any experiences, thoughts, opinions on the Colt Gunsite pistol? Any info would help. Just please don't answer get a Baer, Brown, etc., or Colt sucks, constructive answers only please. Thanks.
It looks like a good cadidate to me. I've been thinking about one.
1) It's one of the few "original pattern"
1911-A1s made, that is, it's a
2) It has the most useful set of add ons
without going overboard.
3) It's a stainless pistol, FWIW
4) It "looks" right. Not a small thing for
people who are picky about such things,
5) Because it's a Colt it will be readily
"upgradeable". In addition to Colt, every
reputable gunsmith will work on it if
desired or neccessary.
1) It has the Colt pattern of odd beavertail
grip safety. I prefer the Ed Brown pattern.
2) It has the Colt pattern of cocking
serrations, which are fine, I just like the
Wilson Combat/Springfield Armory
Much of what I've said reflects pure personal preference, but there you have it, IMO.