Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 7:13:00 PM EDT
I'm looking for feedback on the Glock 20 in 10mm,just bought a 21, wanted to know positives and negatives, thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#1]
probably the best glock made.......the 10 is starting to come back..........
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
As jem375 said, it is a nice gun. The 10mm is definitely creating a buzz on the internet. I think its popularity will increase as novices become more educated. The gun rags tried to kill the round in the early 90's.  Next to the Glock 17, I think the G20 is probably the best Glock made. The high capacity magazines are expensive for now. The gun is pretty stout and the grip may be a little awkward. I love my Glock 20.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The 10mm is a larger round than the .45, right?
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#4]
No, the 10mm has the same OAL as a .45 ACP, but is .40" in diameter.

My opinions on the 10mm cartridge have been enumerated in detail in many other threads like this one.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#5]
The 10 Ring at Glock Talk could probably offer more G20 and G29 specific information...

Jonathan
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#6]
The 10mm is said to be coming back but I don't see any surges. IMO, the popularity of the .357Sig will perhaps be the nail in the coffin of the 10mm.

The infamous Miami shootout probably did more to kill the 10mm than anything, however illogical that premise.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:53:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Weren't they using 9mm's in the infamous Miami shootout? Specifically, weren't they using some variation of 9mm Silvertips? Unless you're talking about Don Johnson's Miami shootout, in which his 10mm couldn't even shoot bad guys through couch cushions. The 10mm will not die if only because handgun hunters will keep it alive. With the 10mm, you've got an autoloading pistol cartridge that's capable of taking out deer/pig sized game, and you don't have to fire it in a SUV sized Desert Eagle.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:02:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's a link to the Miami shootout:

http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs7.htm

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#9]
10mm is the shit.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Weren't they using 9mm's in the infamous Miami shootout?

Yes, I should've been more specific.

After the shootout, the Fibbies looked/developed a 10mm rd for service use. They eventually downloaded it so far as to be "10mm Lite", it was worthless as a 10mm rd by almost all accounts.

Since the LE field "leads" the way in new calibers often, some looked at the "new" 10mm loads couldn't see any real advantages. Which in turn kinda sorta developed the .40S&W.

There's always gonna be 10mm diehards but the 10mm will never be more than a cult caliber anymore.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

After the shootout, the Fibbies looked/developed a 10mm rd for service use. They eventually downloaded it so far as to be "10mm Lite", it was worthless as a 10mm rd by almost all accounts.

Since the LE field "leads" the way in new calibers often, some looked at the "new" 10mm loads couldn't see any real advantages. Which in turn kinda sorta developed the .40S&W.

There's always gonna be 10mm diehards but the 10mm will never be more than a cult caliber anymore.

What he said, plus:
Make sure you determine which commercial loads are full-power 10mm and which are the softer ".40 Long".

No reason to buy a 10mm and then shoot 950 fps 180-grainers through it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Weren't they using 9mm's in the infamous Miami shootout? Specifically, weren't they using some variation of 9mm Silvertips? Unless you're talking about Don Johnson's Miami shootout, in which his 10mm couldn't even shoot bad guys through couch cushions. The 10mm will not die if only because handgun hunters will keep it alive. With the 10mm, you've got an autoloading pistol cartridge that's capable of taking out deer/pig sized game, and you don't have to fire it in a SUV sized Desert Eagle.

I'm with you on this as the bottle-necked cartridge is harder to reload and resizeing equip will be high!  The cartridge is way too costly,and at its very best with a 100 grain bullet will get it up to 1516 FPC!   While the 10 mil will get you about 1507 with a 135 grain bullet!

You can load a 200 grain bullet with the Original 10 mil auto loads and get a real gut buster!      If you want a real rival to the 10mil get a .45 corbon or .45/40!

Too each his own I quess,but I really,really,really like my thompson ten!

Bob
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:33:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be truthful here they got rid of it because the little girly handed weomen that cryed about the .45 being to hard to handle(crapped their pants when they got ahold of the first real magnum class auto round ever developed)!

That sound a little more accurate Bob,and since they damn well were afraid of the .45,and couldn't handle the ten mil,they just downsized it for the 9 mil crowd!

I have a .40 cal and sad to say a Smith,but I like its balistics and that said the 10 mil will smoke it like a 9 mil lugar against a 9x17(.380)!

Bob
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#14]
That's exactly how it went down. I still think the 10mm, even lite, is safer to shoot than a .40.  The forty doesn't have much room for error, especially with the heavier bullets.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The 10mm is a larger round than the .45, right?

Not "larger" but definatly more powerful, some would argue about the actual so called "knock down power" comparison. But the 10mm is a higher pressure cartridge capable of approaching relatively high velocities. I use my Glock 10mm for IPSC, backup for Hog hunting and wasting dillos. I love it, my Glock 20 is one of my guns I could never do without. I have a preban 20, Im thinking of getting an additional 3rd gen Glock 20 for wasting dillo's at night too! (light mount under barrel ).
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
10mm is the shit.

Old pic.

More: home.earthlink.net/~gnappi/

Danny

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top