Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2003 6:51:36 PM EDT
I've always wanted a .22 pistol.

I'm currently debating any of the 1911 .22 conversion units (please indicate make if you recommend one of these) versus the SIG Trailside.

With the Trailside, I'd probably get the standard model with fixed sights only because I'm not sure I'd like the "target" style wood grips.  I would likely add adjustable rear sights at some point, however.  I am unsure on the 4.5" v. 6" bbl though.  What are these going for?  I'm leaning toward the SIG as a dedicated gun.

I would just be using this for general plinking.  Kind of a "fun gun" if you will.

TIA

Corey
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
For a bit less money you can get a superior .22 in a Browning Buckmark.

Shoots wonderfully, has the same feel of balance as good as a High Power. Grips allow good fit for right or left handed shooters.

They will outshoot virtually any .22 under the S&W Model 41.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#2]
BobCole:

Thanks for the info.  Haven't thought of the Buck Mark.

So, I guess what it comes down to is:

MSRP: $482

I'm not sure what the features are of the SIG v. Browning, so am guessing that these are comparable models.

Please fill me in on the details, etc.

Thanks,

Corey
-Versus-

Approx. $440??

EDITED to add that I really need to get out and handle both of these pistols.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#3]
You can buy Buckmarks for around $225. I haven't priced a Sig lately so I don't recall where they are.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
<shameless self promotion>

You should definitely buy a Trailside.  No doubt about it!  Oooh lookie here, I just happen to have one available  :)

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=88&t=184972

</shameless self promotion>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top