Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/20/2003 6:17:19 AM EDT
I never see any discussion of the Desert Eagles in any calibers, or any discussion of the BFR's from the same company. I'm looking for feedback of any kind regarding these, thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:39:19 AM EDT
On the handguns board, Desert Eagles are discussed in their own section...how can you hide 'em?
And BFRs have been discussed from time to time...another beast!
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:41:48 AM EDT
If a guy wanted a BIG pistol, the DE would certainly qualify.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:02:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dodgeram:
I never see any discussion of the Desert Eagles in any calibers, or any discussion of the BFR's from the same company. I'm looking for feedback of any kind regarding these, thanks in advance.

I have experience shooting two DE's.
One was the .357 model and the other was .44Mag. I have medium size hands and these guns have, by far, the largest grip of any pistol I've ever shot!! Big, heavy and to me, too much gun. Fun to shoot but not my cup of tea!
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:40:23 AM EDT
That's because they are not handguns.

They are field artillery without the wheels.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:37:25 PM EDT
A friend of mine had a .357 Magnum DE. It was picky about ammo. Underpowered loads wouldn't work the slide.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 8:55:08 PM EDT
I have shot the .44 DE before, every time the shells would fly right behind and hit me in the head! Good thing for safety glasses, but I think the extractor needed tuning. Fun gun to shoot, but in .44 expensive, and heavy. I'd buy one more for the novelty more then anything.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:24:14 AM EDT
These are by no meens defensive weapons. The DEs are "Hey look what I got" guns that you show off at the range. I have shot the 44mag. It handles well since it is so damn heavy. If you are looking to be the envy of your shooting buddies than this is one fine example of what will get their and everyone else on the firig line's attention. If you are looking for a defensive weapon than get something more effictive. As for the BFR's I am not framiliar with them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:38:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:00:17 PM EDT
My brother has the 50AE version. I agree with the others - the pistol is big, heavy, and in the case of the 50 AE loud and quite a bit of recoil.

Fun to shoot but only for a short time.

I can't really say how reliable / durable they are because we haven't put all that many rounds thru it. So far though its been completely reliable.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:32:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NateM4:
These are by no meens defensive weapons. The DEs are "Hey look what I got" guns that you show off at the range.

Exactly. Why else would there be a gold plated one on auction at GunBroker?

Now don't get me wrong, if I see somebody at the range with a DE I'll probably be his new buddy so I can put a few rounds through, I've always wondered how they felt.
Top Top