Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2003 10:19:50 AM EDT
I just got certified as a NRA basic handgun and personal protection in the home instructor. I'll also be teaching CCW classes.

I'd like to be able to display 1-3 handguns that blew up due to misuse, wrong calibers, user stupidity, etc. It'd be used to stress the importance of using the correct calibers, wearing eye protection while on the range, following the manual, etc.

Blown-up handguns aren't commonly found for sale. Demilled ones can be found, but I'm not looking for demilling.

If you have any examples you wouldn't mind parting with for a good cause, PLEASE email me at [email protected]

It's one thing to preach safety. It's another to provide a VERY solid example that stupid can hurt.  

Thanks!

Mike
[email protected]

PS. I will gladly cover shipping. If there's anything else you'd like in trade/sale, I'll try but I don't have too much to give...  
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
GREAT post!  God Bless You, Sir, for coming forward to do something about firearms safety!!!

Unfortunately, I prefer 1911s, so I can't help you with your request
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
No guns, but I do have 2 .40S&W cases that were fired in a .45ACP.
There was no harm when it was done, you could do it yourself for demo purposes.
The bulged and split brass, while not as dramatic as a blown gun, still shows the effects of improper ammo use.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 2:07:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure the guys on glocktalk.com can accommodate you.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 5:26:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm sure the guys on glocktalk.com can accommodate you.

Should find plenty there....

Hey, how do you become an NRA certified instructor? I wish to do so as well so I can run some training for the local LEOs who desperately need to be taught some weapons skill.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
So I guess all the 1911 users can skip that part of your class huh?

I can be as stupid as I want with my 1911 and an 18# spring, hot loads are a blast.

I wonder what your class will think when all you have is a truckload of KB glocks on the table as an example, haha!

No offense, its just funny as hell. Sounds like a good cause, If I see any KB's Ill drop you a line.  In the meantime, YES: Glocktalk.com!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Glock 22 you can shoot until it does
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top