Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/8/2003 1:48:59 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the Arcus pistols? I'm considering one of the compact models, a standard High Power feels great except the tang area is too short. The compact Arcus looks about perfect in that area but I don't know about overall quality. Durability, reliability and accuracy are the concerns. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:04:49 PM EDT
You could always have a smith weld on a beavertail. That's what the USPSA/IPSC guys get done to their highpowers, CZ's or P9's
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:18:12 PM EDT
Yeah, I know I could work a regular High Power over to fit what I want. I had a beautiful MKIII that I just couldn't bear to do anything to, so I sold it. I like the idea of a Commander size gun also. If the major components of Arcus are of decent quality then it would be much cheaper and easier to go with that even if I had to do some qweeking. I have considered getting a less than pristine HP and doing a bunch of mods to it but I've got too many projects as it is right now. I'm just wondering if the Arcus is worth bothering with or if it's a POS.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 9:30:24 PM EDT
I got to shoot one at a recent shoot...a guy over at ak47.net, likebuddah, has one and let me put a few rounds through it.

I was suprised at the overall accuracy of the handgun...This was a shoot at the local "pit" so we were shooting at targets such as milk jugs, but at 40+ yards, I was hitting them just as easily with the arcus as I did with my Beretta 92.

He said he had put a few thousand rounds through it so far and did not have any problems with it whatsoever.

For the price AIM surplus wants for it...you can't go wrong. From what I saw, it was a decent peice.

Although I would get mine refinished...all black :-)
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:06:51 AM EDT
I've had an Arcus 94 almost since 94 and so far, no problems.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 11:40:14 AM EDT
Do a search on pistolsmith.com in the browning/hipower forum - you should find some info. Alot of HP fans hit that forum.
Top Top