Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2003 1:48:59 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the Arcus pistols? I'm considering one of the compact models, a standard High Power feels great except the tang area is too short. The compact Arcus looks about perfect in that area but I don't know about overall quality. Durability, reliability and accuracy are the concerns. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You could always have a smith weld on a beavertail. That's what the USPSA/IPSC guys get done to their highpowers, CZ's or P9's
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I know I could work a regular High Power over to fit what I want. I had a beautiful MKIII that I just couldn't bear to do anything to, so I sold it. I like the idea of a Commander size gun also. If the major components of Arcus are of decent quality then it would be much cheaper and easier to go with that even if I had to do some qweeking. I have considered getting a less than pristine HP and doing a bunch of mods to it but I've got too many projects as it is right now. I'm just wondering if the Arcus is worth bothering with or if it's a POS.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I got to shoot one at a recent shoot...a guy over at ak47.net, likebuddah, has one and let me put a few rounds through it.

I was suprised at the overall accuracy of the handgun...This was a shoot at the local "pit" so we were shooting at targets such as milk jugs, but at 40+ yards, I was hitting them just as easily with the arcus as I did with my Beretta 92.

He said he had put a few thousand rounds through it so far and did not have any problems with it whatsoever.

For the price AIM surplus wants for it...you can't go wrong.  From what I saw, it was a decent peice.

Although I would get mine refinished...all black :-)
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:06:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had an Arcus 94 almost since 94 and so far, no problems.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Do a search on pistolsmith.com in the browning/hipower forum - you should find some info. Alot of HP fans hit that forum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top