Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 9:46:44 AM EDT
Any good?

Anybody have one?

I don't own a .22 and have been thinking about getting one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#1]
They seem to be considered less than ideal. I suggest you get a Browning Buckmark for about the same $$$$.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#2]
...or a Ruger MKII or 22/45.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you held one? Cause the grip angle sucks. I'm usually a fan of Beretta stuff but I'd go get a Buckmark or a Walther P22 (for play).
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I've handled one, I thought it was pretty much similar to the other .22 autoloaders I've handled. I prefer the Ruger MkII with a 5.5" bull barrel, but that's probably because I have tens of thousands of rounds through one...

I suggest you handle one of each (ruger, beretta, browning, walther) and see which one you like the best.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Got the 4.5" INOX.  On the plus side, it's accurate and easy to maintain (disassemble, clean, assemble).  There's a scope rail on the barrel so you don't have to remove your scope or red dot to clean the pistol.  Fires all the ammo I've run through it (Winchester, CCI, Federal) with no malfunctions.  On the negative, the safety is in an odd position (when it is on it cuts into the web of your hand) and the trigger is pretty heavy (~7 lbs).  
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I love mine. 100% reliable so far, about 750 rounds. Accurate, scope rail, I like the grip angle, and it is very easy to clean. Don't see where you could go wrong.

Edited to add: as Muxelix said the saftey sucks if you are holding the gun and the safety is on. At first I dislike this after a while I enjoyed being able to tell when I was carefully aiming at something that the safety was indeed off. I don't know how many times I have carefully aimed my MkII at something and pulled the trigger to have nothing happen.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Gunstore I work at.. we have had 2 come back from customers with broken firing pins and the round lodged in the chamber.  Took a helluva mean yank to get the little POS slide to come back.. I wouldn't own one.  Get a p22 and have some fun.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#8]
It reminds me to much of my old Daisy airgun so I don't like the look and feel of it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Gunstore I work at.. we have had 2 come back from customers with broken firing pins and the round lodged in the chamber.  Took a helluva mean yank to get the little POS slide to come back.. I wouldn't own one.  Get a p22 and have some fun.

Scale? A number thrown out there doesn't really mean shit.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I really don't like the way it looks and I'm dissapointed they express it was designed only in america.  Being a designer it's almost like an insult of american design but then I don't really like any american cars either.  Anyway astectics is only a matter of individual opinion so don't take mine or make your decesion soley on that either.  Most rimfire fans like either the buckmark or MKII if accuracy is important I like the MKII for it's astectics better.  If it's just for fun plinking I just bought a P22 3.42" for that very reason.  Someday I'll get the comp MKII and scope it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I own 2 Berettas and love them.  I also have a bull bbl Ruger MK2, a Walther P22, and a S&W 22a.

The Beretta hasn't had NEARLY the problems that were reported with the Walthers, especially the earlier ones.  Can't go wrong with one, IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top