Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2003 8:15:47 AM EDT
I just got a Sistema Colt 1927 pistol.  It's great, but I want better sights for it - the original, tiny G.I. sights aren't great for accuracy.  So I want new sights on it.

It seems to me that it would be easier to buy a replacement slide than to send the original slide out to get dovetailed (plus, I can keep the original slide in it's original condition if I get a whole new slide).  Where are some good places to look for new slides?  I just want to get something with decent sights on it, preferably tritium nightsights.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#1]
CDNN has Colt series 70 slides from $140-$180, depending on the sites.   None have tritium, though.

Rocko
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
i'm looking for the same reason

here's a possibly stupid question

what work do i need to do to make the gun work once i get a new slide. is it safe just to drop the new one on and blast away?

i have a springfield mil-spec and a systema. i like the grip on the systema much better than the springfield, and the sights on the spring field better than those on the systema. would it be safe just to swap the slides?

Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:10:52 AM EDT
[#3]
You can get replacement slides from Brownell's with sight cuts already made.  Buying a new stock slide is not recommended because you'll still have to have someone make the sight cuts.

The Essex enhanced slides come with Bo-mar or Novak style sight cuts, and there are also STI slides available with Bo-mar cuts as well.  Figure on spending at least $200 for a replacement.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:12:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i'm looking for the same reason

here's a possibly stupid question

what work do i need to do to make the gun work once i get a new slide. is it safe just to drop the new one on and blast away?

i have a springfield mil-spec and a systema. i like the grip on the systema much better than the springfield, and the sights on the spring field better than those on the systema. would it be safe just to swap the slides?

I would keep the top ends together, i.e. use the Springfield barrel, extractor, etc., with the Springfield slide.  

Otherwise, if it'll fit, go for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top