Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2003 12:07:44 AM EDT
Can anybody chime in on the SW99compact in 9mm and why I would want the SW99 compact over the regular SW99. I can assume that SW99 can accept high cap mags and the compact is limited to 10 rounds max. Am I correct?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Being post ban, both are limited to 10 round mags. After the ban sunsets, then yes, the fullsize would take higher capacity mags.
Are you looking to use it as just a house gun or concealed carry? Or both?
My wife is looking VERY hard at getting an SW99C in 9mm as her new carry gun. Trying to decide between it and a XD9 compact. The SW99C does feel pretty good in the hand, and the changable backstraps do make it nice to better "fit" it to ones hand.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Hawkeye, I am looking for a CCW. Right now I carry a Taurus PT-92, I am not a tall person, but I overlook the large size because of the PT-92's reliability. I picked up the SW99 and was impressed with the way it felt. It's felt about half the weight of my PT-92. There are high cap mags available for the SW99 they are sold by Mec-Gar but they are expensive $125 a pop. I'm gonna make the gun show rounds and shop around. Thanks Hawkeye!
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Clearly the compact will be a better choice for CCW. They balance wonderfully for me but I'm waiting for the .45acp model to come out!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top