Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/31/2003 1:36:58 AM EDT
Is this true? Yesterday when I went to pick up my Sig 232, the dealer who knows me and my dad well, said the S&W cancelled their 8 inch 686 line? The dealer aid he checked all of his distributers and none had one?

So did they cancell it? If so my dad is going to be Pi$$ed!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:19:23 AM EDT
Just because your dealer couldn't find one doesn't mean they're not being made anymore. Most dealers only use 2 or 3 distributors as it's easier on their paperwork & relationships.

If you want one know, look in Gun List newspaper & do a transfer.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:26:08 AM EDT
I never got around to getting the one with the 4 position front sight...thats the one that I was interested in.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:34:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By anothergene:
I never got around to getting the one with the 4 position front sight...thats the one that I was interested in.

That's the "Silhouette" model. I had one in a Model 29 with a 10 5/8" barrel. Accurate as hell.

They're out there & they can be had, you just have to hunt for them a bit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:45:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2003 9:54:54 PM EDT by coolatula]

Originally Posted By anothergene:
I never got around to getting the one with the 4 position front sight...thats the one that I was interested in. hr

Buddy of mine may still have his(Model 29 type). I never saw one in person until he got his. It is/was for sell,but may be gone by now.
Really cool if thats what someone wanted.
Looked like it would make a good hunting revolver for someone who liked a long sight plane.
Top Top