Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/15/2003 6:41:32 PM EDT
Anybody carry one of these guns?

I am looking for a new concealed carry gun and came across this one at the gun shop today. Fell in love with it. Havent bought it yet figured I would ask you guys first and see what you guys thought of them.

And one more question how does it feel carrying a single action pistol cocked all day? I have only carried double actions. Seems like it might be a little easy for it to go off.

KC
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 8:11:46 PM EDT
I've been carrying Cocked and Locked for over 20 years. Feels fine . I recently went from a commander to an officers acp and love it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:44:11 AM EDT
I had a micro and loved it. Plan on another soon as I can.
As for C&L, gun wont go off unless the trigger is pulled.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:35:38 PM EDT
I personally have an Ultra Compact Lightweight and I absolutley love it. Besides my STI Trojan, it is the only 1911 that I have owned that has 100% reliable. I know some people say that anything less than 4" in a 1911 is asking for trouble, but I would have to disagree...at least with mine anyway.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 10:52:07 PM EDT
Wife uses the micro as a backup deep concealment piece. She loves the weight, or lack of it I should say. Gun shoots well after it was sent back to Springfield once and to a well known gunsmith the second time. We had a problem with doubling and tripling. Sear wore exceptionally quickly within a punishment period of 300 rounds.
Problems fixed now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 2:07:38 AM EDT
I've looked at them myself and think they would be a gread carry pistol, one of my top choices. BUT, I myself would have to choose a 5 shot snubby. Its just too damn hot in FL for anything that don't slip in a pocket.
Top Top