Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2003 8:38:30 AM EDT

Springfiled Armory Mil-spec....I have limited money and I was scoping out the bottom models...llama etc...then I remembered I could maybe trade something...bye bye ruger 22/45...now I will never have to try to assemble that bitch again. trade plus 275 cash and I got a 1911 woo hoo...I bought an extra chepie mag--6.00 and a hogue grip--15.00. Sunday to the range. I bought two boxes of umc ball and shot all of it except 8 rounds. No FTF, no stovepipes, no problems. Recoil is firm
and lets you know this ain'y a ninemm. I shot at a 10 yard target and got groups better than I ever have before. Bulls were common and holes touching were also. I am very happy and I would reccomend this pistol for anyone looking to get a 1911.-----ooops back-up, before I went out I took it apart and grease the rails a little and worked the slide repeatedly to try to loosen it up a little....
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Aimless, I bought UMC standard ball...I will try to shoot something different as soon as I get more bullet money...
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been kinda looking for a decent .45 or 9mm 1911-style handgun.

I've gotta sell my other 1911 first, which I may have a buyer.

I will probably get the 9mm, if they still make it...

UPDATE: they still make it.
I started a 9mm thread to prevent hi-jacking:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=4904
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Aimless: I have a 1911A1 MilSpec, only modification is a full-length guide rod, and this honey has eaten EVERYTHING I've fed it so far without a hiccup. JHP's, ball and even CCI Blazer ( a buddy had some, pawned his .45, and offered the ammo to me). This has GOT to be one of the best .45-1911 deals out there.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#5]
sniper....hijacking my own thread...what are the benefits of the full length?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#6]
[sarcasm]
Impossible!  Everybody knows that no 1911 works and shoots out of the box.  How much has Springfield paid you? You need to send it to a big name 1911 smith quick to have a "reliability package" done and ditch that crappy barrel for a Bar-Sto.
[/sarcasm]

The most noticeable improvement that a FL guide rod will give you is a smoother feeling when you rack the slide.  The weight also helps keep the muzzle down somewhat too.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Hound,

Congrats on the Milspec!  Did you get the parkerized??  I have a parkerized milspec and LOVE it!  I handled a stainless milspec at the local Academy.  (they wanted $599 for it! ouch!).

I absolutely LOVE this pistol!  I only have about 300 rounds of ball through it (handloaded) and it ran great.  My experience with two other SA pistols I've owned speaks for itself.  They all ate EVERYTHING I fed them with no complaints.  lead semi wadcutters, 200gr flat points, ball, and a variety of hollowpoints.

I took the cocobolo grips off and put the factory plastic ones on for now.  I want to get some checkered ebony grips sometime.  I use the mags with bumper for competition, so that's why it's there.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Ken...matthew, I got the parked one....all of my guns are dark.....I traded the one stainless one I had for this one...
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I have to agree here. I bought a recent mill spec parkerized springfield 1911 and it is a keeper. Mine came with a stainless bushing though. It is as accurate as my old reliable. This one may become old reliable. Say, wasnt too long ago these were coming thru sloppy. Sompthins up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top