Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2003 10:25:53 PM EDT
I have an IMI Baby Eagle in 9mm , finding holsters for it has always been a pain (it currently resides in a Bianchi Accumold built for a H+K USP) , any way I have been thinking about trying kydex , particularly the Fobus line , but I have yet to find anything for this make and model (strage 'cause they are both Israeli)

any input will be apreciated

t
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Fobus holsters are first class products. Check out their web site to see if they have your model.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Fobus holsters are a good product for the money. I just find that the holster can be hard on the finish, especially around the muzzle area.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Sometimes different makes and models will fit in the same holster (like Browning Hi-Powers and 1911's ) , so , I guess what I am wondering is that true of the Baby Eagle and another model ,

I know this is a kinda stupid question , but mainly I am looking for someone who has experienced the same dilema...

thanks

t
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Tanfoglio Compact Witness which is almost identical to the IMI. I believe they are made by the same company. If you want me to verify the fit im me and I will get my nieghbors IMI and check the fit.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe that some IMI components (such as the frame )are made by Tanfoglio , though the design is different .....I would definately be interested in you checking out the fit on that...

As I said earlier  , all help will be appreciated

thanks
t
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Fobus requires a rather abrubt draw stroke. Best described as yanking the gun out of the holster. If you believe in the "slow is smooth and smooth is fast" school of gunfighting, Fobus is not you.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#7]
then what do you recommend officer?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I recently bought a G27/G22 Fobus paddle. It was very difficult to draw from it. My solution was to use my dremel tool to shave down the trigger guard retaining area (on the holster).
My G27 and G22 both draw much smoother, but are retained enough to be safe in IPSC type matches.
I really like it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I've used a Fobus in IDPA shoots with never a problem.  Maybe it's just the way I draw, but I've nver had a problem with getting the gun out and I have Fobus models for the Makarov, Sig, Colt, BHP, CZ-75, and Beretta 92.  Never had any problem getting it out, but that may quite possibly be just the way I draw.

Ross
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Fobus for my HS2000...I'm one of the many who hate them, unfortunately.  For the folks who've figured out whatever muscle memory is required to get the weapon of of the holster every time, more power to 'em.  I can't do it, and I would never dream of using this holster as a CCW rig...even after did the trick of drilling out the rivets and replacing them with screws and little rubber o rings.  I just ordered a FIST holster, which should be here about the time I pick up my CCW from the county.  

The good news is, at $15, even if you hate it, you haven't wasted much money.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top