Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 7:33:41 AM EDT
Since I've had my head in the hole known as OSUT Training at Ft.Knox, it appears that the General Firearms Discussion board has dissapeared, so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place.

About six months ago I was looking into a MAC/M-11/9 type pistol setup for a fun toy, something to keep in a brushed aluminum case with various accessories and haul out when I felt like cutting up on the firing line at the local gravle pit.

Several people suggested a web-site of a company that makes a M-11/9 type that takes STEN magazines, as well as a host of other accessories not usually seen with the M-11 series, collapseable AR15 type butt-stocks, etc etc. I was wondering if these folks are still around, and where I may find them? This enlistment bonus is burning a hole in my pocket :)
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Since I've had my head in the hole known as OSUT Training at Ft.Knox, it appears that the General Firearms Discussion board has dissapeared,

It's under 'The Armory' section now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Just was searching on this subject, an it seems that you're thinking of the RPB arms MPA 30 which takes Sten SMG hi cap mags, has an option for side mounted cocker and top mounted see-thru picatinny rail for mounting red dot sights.

The manufacturer's website is:
www.rpbusa.com
(This website is down due to construction)

And another distributer of MPA firearms can be found here:
www.tickbitesupply.com/mpa.html

I've been looking into getting one of these for a while now...
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a cobray mac 11, sten mags can be made to fit just by grind a notch in for the mag catch.

The sights if you can even call them that are terrible. You'll do more point shooting at 10-15 yards if anything else.

The post ban close bolt macs can be had at gun shows for $300 and under. A pre ban open bolt mac are quite a bit more.

If you got the money get a uzi.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Neat guns. I always found the sights quite adaquate for stuff like plate shooting. I've got a pre-ban open bolt squirreled away in a nice little "time capsule" in a secret location on family land, but I want one that I can shoot again...

Just bought a Llama .45 though so it might be a month or two before I get it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I've just checked, and the RPB website is back online again, and they're charging about $350 for their MPA-30 with side-cocker, and rail mount (and sten mag grip setup), and you can check them out on the web link I posted above!  I'm REALLY hoping I can save up enough money to buy one of these before Christmas!

(Pictured with their fake suppressor/hand guard extention that locks onto post-ban barrels)

www.rpbusa.com/mpa30.html
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Mmmm, until they make a folding side cocker I'm realy not interested, I carry under my right arm and that side cocker as it stands would be uncomfortable to say the least...

I want the MPA10 though, actually, orginal MAC10 style.... I want one of both...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top