Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2003 6:59:04 PM EDT
I currently have a Glock 21 with lasermax. I love it. Now spring is here I’m looking for a smaller .45 to carry IWB. I’m looking at the HK or the smaller Glock. I would like to stay with 45 auto. What else should I consider for a smaller than a Glock 21 but still keeping the same power and reliability.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#1]
had ocassion to examine a Taurus P945 yesterday.

was the owner's always gun.  smaller, lighter, handier than anything i have in .45 to date.  think was an eight shooter, maybe seven.  da/sa with a decocker.  

was most impressed how it came apart for cleaning.  near instant.  went back together just as quickly.  beats fooling with those little thingies on a Glock.  yeah, i have two Glocks, so know the drill.

owner of the Taurus said it had never failed.   would like to find one on the range that i could shoot a few thru, and, get that owner's opinion.  has got me considering.  and, no, i will not part with my 19ll collection if i do get a P945.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably the most reliable small .45 is the Glock 36. AMT Backup may be the smallest .45 semi.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Springfield, Kimber, Para-Ordinance all are making smaller .45 in 1911's.

I've had a Glock for years.  Finally got tired of it and traded for a 1911.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top