Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 8:09:44 PM EDT
My father bought a Dan Wesson pointman major a few months ago, he spent big money, the gun has been back to the manufacturer twice for FTF. Although a nice looking firearm, the bugs are'nt out of it yet. The guide rod system they have is a joke, it is continuously loosening as you shoot it, the factory says to put some fingernail polish on the threads.....on a gun that costs that kind of money! I told him to find a Colt Gold Cup. They should have put some of the effort they used in engraving their name on the side into engineering. I will admit that when it shoots it does put 'em in there O.K.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:50:33 PM EDT
A prime example of why to not buy from a firearm company that goes in & out of business.

Hope he gets some of his money back, anyway.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:17:28 PM EDT
Hmmm. Up until this I had heard only good things about the DW 1911's. I thought they were relatively cheap?

Their suggestion of fingernail polish is really just a substitute for loc-tite. I don't see the problem there. Going back for FTFs is another matter.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:36:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/7/2003 1:38:20 AM EDT by Green0]
That isn't an expensive firearm by 1911 standards. (SA loaded $650 DW Pointman $650 Kimber Classic $725 Colt $750)

For the price I reccomend throwing the guide rod out and buying a $15 replacement 1 piece rod.

I bought 2 Springfields with problems that would make that look great. One jammed 43 times out of 50 rds.

From what I hear the DW 1911's are accurate and if you don't buy the Cheapo models you get a fitted Jarvis barrel and hand fitted frame to slide.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:03:30 AM EDT
A fellow board member actually works for Dan Wesson. His board name is Counterstrike. Drop him a line about this.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:06:03 AM EDT
i like the advice not to buy firearms from a co. that gos in and out of beeswaxiness!
Top Top