Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2003 11:38:30 AM EDT
Has anyone used that site before?  What was your experience like?  Just wondering about the whole thing.  ALso what if the guy or girl decides to sell you some bad equipment?  ie. say that its new and only has say 60 rounds through it and it turns out to be pitted and a little rust on it, with over say 600 rounds through it.  What would you do then?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:54:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I would only buy from someone who had a track record of customer pleasing sales.
I use gunbroker and gunsamerica for price checks only.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:34:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought three rifles off of Gunbroker but never any handguns.  Coincidentally, I only bought from gun dealers who listed things there so I was pretty safe.

I don't think that I would have bought a used gun from an individual though.  Seems pretty risky if there is something wrong with the gun
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used gunbroker.com but not for guns, only for accessories, primarily magazines.
No problems, all items were as described in the ad....
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I use Gunbroker and auctionarms for C&R's all the time...Check feedback BEFORE bidding.

I've never been stung but some stuff was somewhat over-rate.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a H&K SL8-1 rifle on gunsamerica.com. I dealt with a dealer with a FFL, and had no problems. If you use a credit card, you have a certain amount of protection....
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I use Gunbroker and auctionarms for C&R's all the time...Check feedback BEFORE bidding.

Same here with no problems - so far.

Say, are you the guy who swept that East German Makarov out from under me?

S-I
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought my DSA SA58 from a dealer on gunbroker. It went smoothly, even though I was a little worried sending $1200 across the country. The rifle was as described.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought an SKS and my HS2000 on Gunbroker.  Both sellers were dealers with A+ ratings.  Everything went smooth; it helped that each one had a phone # I could call just to check on things.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I've done twenty transactions on it. All buying. Only once I wasn't really satisfied. The A5 Thompson wasn't excellent as seller stated but it was still ok for the money.
I bought a FN FAL ($2K) through it with no problem. Also, a real nice 1927A1 with the 100rd drum for almost as much from a new seller.This is where you have to be careful. Get a phone number, address, and a copy of driver license on newer sellers. Verify all that. If it's a scam, you will not receive this info or it won't check out.
I'm sure that a ripoff of this kind would be mail fraud. I don't know but, where this is firearms, that may be worse too. Sounds like an extended vacation at Club Fed!

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:04:35 PM EDT
[#10]
1) Yes, I've used gunbroker... Got a Beretta 92FS for $425 after S&H *AND* FFL Transfer fee there (Yes, that's right, a $380 92FS..)...

2) Mb121, have you ever heard of McUZI...
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
1) Yes, I've used gunbroker... Got a Beretta 92FS for $425 after S&H *AND* FFL Transfer fee there (Yes, that's right, a $380 92FS..)...

2) Mb121, have you ever heard of McUZI...

No I have not hear of McUZI.  But I am familur with THE UZI 9mm SMG firing from a 32 rd mag.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Just bought aN AK SAR1 with AKUSA work done to it. The guy I'm buying from has been great. Hopefully the rifle is as good.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here with no problems - so far.

Say, are you the guy who swept that East German Makarov out from under me?

S-I

Seems likely, I now have 3 EG's>  Which one was it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:40:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Why would it be more risky to buy from an individual on an auction 'site than from the EE here? Don't sweat the load. If it troubles you like that, then just stay away.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I've bought several guns off Gunbroker. All but 1 have been from dealers on there rather than private sellers. Never had any problems. The 1 private seller I bought from did fine even though he had no previous rating. I got a NIB Springfield Loaded 1911 for $600 which was the best deal I could find.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Bought a used Remington model 11, and two pistols (one used, one new).  All transactions went fine.  All three came from dealers in various places.  Check for positive feedback on them.  If there's minimal or no feedback, you can write and ask them for information.  If they refuse to answer, or aren't forthcoming, i'd avoid them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top