Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/29/2006 9:02:02 AM EDT
A co-worker was telling me he has one of these, a Connan .357. Googling doesn't produce much. Anybody have any info or pics?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:57:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:33:01 PM EDT
......We`re hittin the way back machine again.......colt made one in 38 special....so why not?.....another clone with a limited lifespan.....never heard anything negative about coonan arms...........
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:07:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rejeme:
A co-worker was telling me he has one of these, a Connan .357. Googling doesn't produce much. Anybody have any info or pics?

That's because you have to spell it right.

Coonan.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:10:31 PM EDT
I almost bought one.
Its big.
For picts go to gunbroker. they have 3.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:20:53 PM EDT
I've shot one. Horrendous slide speed on that mutha. I'm thinking it will beat itself to death.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:28:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:07:37 AM EDT
I owned one for a while, a Coonan .357mag Model B. It was a pretty cool gun, and extremely accurate. Never had a malfunction or problem with it at all. It was also a big conversation piece at the range.

I ended up selling it, because after the initial novelty wore off, it spent a lot more time in the safe than I would have prefered. Also I was always a little worried that if something broke down on it, it would have been a real hassle to get fixed (and I live in Minneapolis, were Dan Coonan supposedly still lives). I was fortunate to have two mags (apparently most only come with one mag), but another down fall is mags are over $100 a piece IF YOU CAN FIND THEM.

I eventually decided that mine was worth more being sold, than it was sitting in the safe.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:00:46 AM EDT
I have owned two of them over the years and recently sold my last one. The are extremely realiable. Holsters used to be harder to find due to the dust cover being longer but now with the rails on 1911s that shouldn't be a problem. I still have about 6-7 (7/8rd) mags left if any body is interested and not for $100. I used to shoot ISPC with it and had a great time with full power loads. The Coonan will feed 38 wadcutters and function if you replace the recoil spring with a lighter one.

CD
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:21:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
I have owned two of them over the years and recently sold my last one. The are extremely realiable. Holsters used to be harder to find due to the dust cover being longer but now with the rails on 1911s that shouldn't be a problem. I still have about 6-7 (7/8rd) mags left if any body is interested and not for $100. I used to shoot ISPC with it and had a great time with full power loads. The Coonan will feed 38 wadcutters and function if you replace the recoil spring with a lighter one.

CD

.......that had to be fun......i used to comb the local shops and ran into a coonan full size 357.....it was definitely tempting...but it was a rip off shop.....so...no sale...i didn`t have any idea of the quality at that time....so i passed......probably not a bad decision....but they always intriuged me....kind of like desert eagle???......another thing...the full length dust cover seems to be gaining in popularity lately.....maybe they were ahead of thier time....makes you wonder how colt survived....
Top Top