Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 7:29:13 AM EDT
Kansas recently passed ccw by overrideng gov siphillus's veto. my wife and I will each need a good pistol for CCW. Had a g19 dead reliable, pointed high for both of us. My kinber custom is a bit large and heavy to carry every day, and my wife does not like to shoot .45 anybody make a good 1911 in 9mmor .40 in a style of lw comander or the old springfeild compact with oficers frame and comander slide.  I am considering the kimber tactical pro.  do they still sell this model. I checked the web site but they are still showing specials for 2002, I don't think they update often.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Im not to sure because springfeild as well as many others who produce 1911's never list their 9mm's and 40's unless you order the catalogs but My usual shop got a recent shipment from springfeild which Included  a micro in 9mm and a defender in 40 which is the commander size other than that Im not completely sure what other models they are producing in these calibers.

And on a side note kimber cuts and pastes their site like Taurus so its only 50% accurate which is another reason why they dont put up the msrp.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a look at the Star BM 9mm, get 3, so that you have a spare for practice and parts, saving the wear on your ccw guns.  Under $200 each, with a spare mag, nice guns, too, if you like cocked and locked single action, single stack 9mm's.  Don't, however, dryfire one without an empty case in the chamber, because doing so breaks their firing pins.  Look at J & G Sales, SOG Int'l, and Aim Surplus, as well as on gunbroker.com and GunsAmerica.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top