Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2002 12:04:54 PM EDT
A local shop has a used Sig P230 in stainless for $299 with another mag. It looks pretty good, not banged up. I was originaly in the market for a PPK but this looks similar despite a slight increase in size. It's .380 too.

What do you think about this gun as a carry gun for the price?
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
CJK440,

The person who co-mods the SIG forum with me, absolutely loves them, check out the SIG forum and you'll see what I mean.  I've had both the blue/ alloy and the stainless model and they are fine guns. The price sounds great too.

HOWEVER, since you asked, I perfer the PPK over the P230.  I like the size better, the way it fits my hand better and the posiiton of the magazine release better.
Just my .02 worth.
Beachboy
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
CJK440

You might not expect it but...

Hell yes, great price on a great handgun. I like the blued alloy version better than the SS simply because it is considerably lighter, but at that price I'd even take a SS.

The 230 is about as intutive shooter as I've ever found. If you can point at something with your finger you'll hit it with a 230.

Here's my 230 with the Mr. Softy IWB holster from High Noon Holsters..

and in its' Pocket Grabber from HNH
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#3]
If not mistaken, a few years back, I think they peaked at around $450...and not all that mint either.
Nice gun, decent price.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#4]
IMHO the Sig P230 is the best 380 ever made.  It is certainly better than the finicky Walthers in my experience.  The only down side is it's size and in stainless steel it's weight.  If you don't mind those issues, you will love it.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#5]
You cant go wrong with the P230. They are great guns. A blued one around here goes for around $350-400 if you can find them, so that is definitly a deal. The Walther's, especially the ones made here, dont come close to the SIG's.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]
That is my wife's favorite gun, it shoots EXCELLENT. That is great price also if it is in good shape.  We paid more for her's, and its blued.
Art in KY

Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:58:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Beachboy.
I have 2 sigs. How do i locate the Sig forum?
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Beachboy.

SiGForum
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Beachboy.

SiGForum

yeah, what he said
actually I was referring to the SIG forum here at ar15.com when I posted the comment about the person who co-mods with me loves the P230.  But the link is to an excellent forum.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Beachboy.

SiGForum

yeah, what he said
actually I was referring to the SIG forum here at ar15.com when I posted the comment about the person who co-mods with me loves the P230.  But the link is to an excellent forum.

Oh, That SiG Forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top