Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:24:44 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with said pistol? $139 from J&G, looks like a lot o' fun.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:01:42 AM EDT
For the money they make a nice little pocket pistol -- I have one.

Double-action pull can be a little heavy, but can fix that with a hammer spring for a Walther PP from Wolff Spring Co. -- about $5.00.

Alloy frame so recoil can be a little snappy. I've read several reports not to use the 115/120 HP ammo in these pistols -- guess it beats them up pretty bad. I use only 95 grain ammo in mine. In well over 400 rounds it's been 100% reliable.

Just remember: they only cost about $140 -- don't expect a high-end target pistol with a glass smooth action.

Go over to makarov.com. Has some good info about them.

But . . for the money I feel they make a nice leittle pocket pistol . . . .

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:05:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BankerBilly:
For the money they make a nice little pocket pistol -- I have one.

Double-action pull can be a little heavy, but can fix that with a hammer spring for a Walther PP from Wolff Spring Co. -- about $5.00.

Alloy frame so recoil can be a little snappy. I've read several reports not to use the 115/120 HP ammo in these pistols -- guess it beats them up pretty bad. I use only 95 grain ammo in mine. In well over 400 rounds it's been 100% reliable.

Just remember: they only cost about $140 -- don't expect a high-end target pistol with a glass smooth action.

Go over to makarov.com. Has some good info about them.

But . . for the money I feel they make a nice leittle pocket pistol . . . .

Yeah I was keeping that in mind. Thanks for the info. I think I might order one for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:37:53 AM EDT
I own one as it was a heck of a deal. Shoots decent, but recoil has a bit of a "bite" in the web of my hand, so not that comfortable to shoot. No problems with reliability. Get some extra magazines and stock up on ammo for dry spells.

I would recommend buying one, but not as a primary handgun though.

F.A.S. Out
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:49:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Forever-A-Soldier:
I own one as it was a heck of a deal. Shoots decent, but recoil has a bit of a "bite" in the web of my hand, so not that comfortable to shoot. No problems with reliability. Get some extra magazines and stock up on ammo for dry spells.

I would recommend buying one, but not as a primary handgun though.

F.A.S. Out

Definitley not going to be used as primary. Just for range fun.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:26:08 PM EDT
I have one and use it as a CCW piece. It is nice and light and has been reliable with the handloads I make up for it. (95gr Hornady XTPs). Yes the DA trigger pull sucks and it does have a bit of a bite when fired but for something that is carried a hell of a lot more than it is fired I find it quite worthwhile.
BTW, I do a lot of running and when I do I carry it in a fanny bag along with my cell phone, wallet and keys. I also like the idea of not having to worry too much about rust with the alloy frame.
Top Top