Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 3:19:27 PM EDT
i need to decide between a heritage arms 22lr 22mag revolver or a high point of 9mm or higher im kinda wanting the revolver since i havnt done much pistol shooting
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Ahem. Neither, sir.

Take close to the same amount of money & buy a lot better gun such as a used S&W model 10 in .38spl for about $200.

Or a Browning Buckmark for $225, new in the box.

Of the two you listed, I doubt either would hold up for 500rds of shooting.

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think Bob's steering you right on this.

+1

dont waste your money on junk.....do it right, up a little more cash, get a lot more

a Ruger MK II/III/22/45 buckmark or a Ruger P89/95 or something would be worth if if you are on a tight budget
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not just buy a Glock 19 or 17? No bullcrap involved...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#5]
.......if you`re looking for cheap.....that is reliable.....try a makarov......a bersa 380.....or like bob says a used...."name"...like s-w or ruger.....eaa pistols are decent also....in the 200-300- $ range......
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:46:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Maybe he doesnt have that big of a budget.  I mean - he is looking at a hi-point
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Maybe he doesnt have that big of a budget.  

A) Lay-a-way is a method I use 99% of the time.

B) How much are your fingers/eyes worth when a Hi-Point blow up on you????????    

C) If you cannot afford a $200 used S&W, well, maybe you should have better priorities?????
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think Bob's steering you right on this.

+1

dont waste your money on junk.....do it right, up a little more cash, get a lot more

a Ruger MK II/III/22/45 buckmark or a Ruger P89/95 or something would be worth if if you are on a tight budget

Good call. My first pistol was a Ruger 95 DC 9mm. It'll get you familiar with the ins and outs of a pistol. Then you can upgrade down the road. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe he doesnt have that big of a budget.  

A) Lay-a-way is a method I use 99% of the time.

B) How much are your fingers/eyes worth when a Hi-Point Glock blow up on you????????    

C) If you cannot afford a $200 used S&W, well, maybe you should have better priorities?????

I fixed option B for you

Damn, I wish local shops around here did layaway.  No such thing around where I live
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe he doesnt have that big of a budget.  I mean - he is looking at a hi-point

Good point, but I'm sure he can make some sacrifices...

Like the other guy said, a Mak is great, but a bit underpowered with odd caliber...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:02:11 AM EDT
[#11]
if you really want a .22lr/.22mag conversion i would suggest you look at the ruger single six.  they are all over the used market so check around.  i don't know what they go for though.  but it will run as many rounds as you want.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:26:40 AM EDT
[#12]

[B) How much are your fingers/eyes worth when a Hi-Point Glock blow up on you????????    

I fixed option B for you

.....................................COOL...............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top