Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 5:26:46 PM EDT
What do you guys think of these handguns? What is the good and what is the bad?

I stopped by the fun shop tonight and they had two used Desert Eagles, one .357 mag for $1,119 and a 44 mag for $589.

I asked the guy if that was the right price and he said yes, and we don't deal on used guns. I told him to hold it for me, and I will buy it later.

It was in another state so I will have to have shipped to a FFL in my state. But it seemed like too good of deal not to buy. And if it sucks then I can trade for a better gun.

So what do you guys think? Should I buy it and have it as a range toy and possible deer hunting side arm.......or save $$$ for another gun.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I say stick with a new one...

I've had my .50 for 3 years now.
Very reliable with Gold Dots.
Put about 400 rounds through it over a 2 month period without any cleaning once, no malfunctions...
(Doesn't sound like much, but keep in mind it's over $1 a shot for .50 AE...)

Gets dirty as Hell, spray cleaner speeds things up though.

Standard black finish SUCKS.
I've been fighting the rust on this thing since the day I bought it...

Proper hold is everything.
(With the .50 anyway...)

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell you about DEs?

How about a survey of DE owners...

50% wat up biotch? Ni**a'z gots ta gets me one of those. I'm hood rich and I pimp my bitch. Alls I need is some o doze Birdman sights and a way tah figga out how to carry dat unda mah FUBUs While I's bustin a sag.

30% I have a very small penis that suddenly feels 6" larger now that I wrapped my tiny raccoon paw-like fingers around this cannon

15% I have more money than I have sense. I buy guns in the double digits annually, yet I get bored with most of them after two range trips or so. Nevertheless I have a perverse satisfaction knowing it costs me $1.38 every time I pull the trigger.

5% other/unknown

Bottom line: if I was a boy in a candy store I'd have one along with all the other fun things, but I would hardly part with my $$$ to get one. It's Unwieldy in terms of carry, capacity is absolutely miserable for the size of that hunk, the weapon is unjustifiably expensive to own shoot (If you get the "manly man" calibers), and maintain, and I have seen my share of the rentals crap out at the range.

Unless you have the status ("da statis") to be toting around one of these as a toy du jour or for "street cred wit yo set" I'd put the money into a weapon that you can get some good use out of. That's my .02
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Somebody's jealous...

But yeah, that does sorta sum up most of 'em...

Make sure if you do get one to actually use the thing
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Deagles gots new beamz, yo.

For blasting they could be kinda fun.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry one daily...

j/k
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok I hear that the DE's are #1 for the Home Boys and Thugs.

But should I buy one for $589????

I am thinking for that price I can buy it, shoot it, have fun and trade it for another gun and make a few dollars.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you want one? It sounds like you want it, other wise you wouldn't be asking. Pick it up and use it for a conversation piece or something.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#8]
For 589$ satisfy your curriosity. Get it. Sell it . Move on.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#9]
they look cool, but that's where it ends.    i sure as hell wouldn't carry one, nor would i use one to protect my life.  take your 589 and buy something reliable
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I take it you don't own one/never fired/just read whatever bullcrap you find online, don't you?
Thinking for yourself is a good thing you know ***Taps head***

But anyways, For $589, I get the feeling there's something wrong with it...

Which model is it?
A MK VII or a MK XIX?

One thing to definitely check is the gas piston, make sure that it's not bent...
If it's assembled wrong, and fired, that's what happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top