Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 12:08:27 PM EDT
Was at a shop looking for a 642 and the guy had a very lightly used 60 there. 3" stainless .357mag Hogue grips adj sights. VERY nice shape. Asking $325. How's that price? It's a bit bigger than what I am looking for with a 642, but does anyone try to pocket carry a gun this size? Was planning on holding out for the 642, but if this is a steal, would consider picking this up now, and waiting on the 642 till I get more money. I really like this gun, but it doesn't fill a niche for me. BTW, it has the lawyer lock on it. Thanks,  Terry
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:33:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Price sounds about right for a gunstore assuming it’s in like new condition.  I’m thinking I’ve seen them new at gunshows hereabouts for maybe $380.

I have upon occasion carried one as a CCW, but wasn’t too happy with it.  It’s certainly a very nice pistol, but IMHO a bit too heavy and bulky for only being a 5-shot revolver.

Holsters are somewhat difficult to find due to the 3 inch barrel, plus the adjustable sights get in the way a bit.  You may or may not like the exposed hammer spur.

To my mind the revolver is better suited to maybe hiking, camping and such.  And it’s great as a plinker.

It’ll definitely work for CCW, but IMHO there are much more suitable 5-shots for that purpose.

If your primary need is a CCW, I’d suggest you hold off and get the 642.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:29:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I ebded up finding a 642 last night for $345. A few shops around here have the 3" 60 for $550. That's why I thought it sounded like a great price. I really like the 642 though Thanks,   Terry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top