Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/21/2006 12:08:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 12:24:24 PM EDT by williedikker72]
Was at a shop looking for a 642 and the guy had a very lightly used 60 there. 3" stainless .357mag Hogue grips adj sights. VERY nice shape. Asking $325. How's that price? It's a bit bigger than what I am looking for with a 642, but does anyone try to pocket carry a gun this size? Was planning on holding out for the 642, but if this is a steal, would consider picking this up now, and waiting on the 642 till I get more money. I really like this gun, but it doesn't fill a niche for me. BTW, it has the lawyer lock on it. Thanks, Terry
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:33:37 AM EDT
Price sounds about right for a gunstore assuming it’s in like new condition. I’m thinking I’ve seen them new at gunshows hereabouts for maybe $380.

I have upon occasion carried one as a CCW, but wasn’t too happy with it. It’s certainly a very nice pistol, but IMHO a bit too heavy and bulky for only being a 5-shot revolver.

Holsters are somewhat difficult to find due to the 3 inch barrel, plus the adjustable sights get in the way a bit. You may or may not like the exposed hammer spur.

To my mind the revolver is better suited to maybe hiking, camping and such. And it’s great as a plinker.

It’ll definitely work for CCW, but IMHO there are much more suitable 5-shots for that purpose.

If your primary need is a CCW, I’d suggest you hold off and get the 642.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:29:00 AM EDT
I ebded up finding a 642 last night for $345. A few shops around here have the 3" 60 for $550. That's why I thought it sounded like a great price. I really like the 642 though Thanks, Terry
Top Top