Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 10:06:04 AM EDT
I am contemplating selling my P-22 to get a Sig Mosquito.  The P-22 has been great with very few failures as long as it's cleaned regulary.  What does everyone think?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTP - My First!!

I have the P22, but I bought it before the SIG came out.  I like the feel of the SIG much better and if I was to do it again, I would god SIG, and I would get the OD Green one at that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I was about to throw my p22 in the trash because it ran like crap, not now.......

I punched out the roll pin for the extractor and pulled the spring for stronger action, it spits out spent brass like its nobodys business.

Walther sends out a good pistol and you have to run/break them in....... having said that, why do they do that?

I was kinda pissed that they would do that but overall it was when I was a newbie at firearms. I didnt know about break-in
and was overly mad sometimes about the performance of some guns.

I spent time here and other dedicated forums learning what to do when having problems with a particular firearm.

IM me if having something wrong with the P22, I can go through 2 boxes of 22lr Federal black box from wal-mart without having any problems, thats 1000rds!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a Sig Hammerli Trailside.  It is 10 times the shooter of the other two in your poll.  I just bought one on the EE for $450 w/ 5 mags.  I really like how the Mosquito looks, but I haven't heard one good thing about one yet.  You can find lower grade Trailsides with fixed sights cheaper than the Mosquito, so that should make your decision easier.

Most of what I have heard about the Walther is about 50-50 good, bad.  If you can get one cheap, why not, but think about the Trailside.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Keep the P22, the triggers in the Mosquitos SUCK.

the DA trigger is 12lbs IIRC and the SA half that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Get rid f both.
I have owned each one. The Walther had constant FTF so I traded for the Sig, my mistake #2. DOuble action trigger pull has got to be 12 to 15 pounds and the magazines are odd in that they have a huge base that look like it belongs on a double stack 9mm.  I'd be happy to sell you my Sig for $320.00 and live with the loss.

Sua Spnte,
Prib
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#7]
The P22 is the one to have.  Mine was great out of the box.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#8]
The P22 is an inexpensive plinker/knockabout pistol.

Mine runs perfectly when reasonably clean and with good full power 22 ammo.

The Mosquito is overpriced for what it is - unless you want a SIG centerfire lookalike for
cheap practice.

If i were buying a quality .22 pistol I would get a Ruger or a S&W.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought 2 P22's because they didn't cost me much, low $200, and were already threaded. My favorite .22 pistol, not having held a Trailside, is my 22/45 with threaded barrel and VQ target sear. It is very accurate and the trigger is extremely light and crisp.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:32:00 AM EDT
[#10]
i just bought me a p22
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:42:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a P-22 that was a POS and I have heard many good things about the Mosquito. If you are wanting a .22 that looks like a centerfire, maybe get a .22LR conversion for one of your other guns.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Well lets see.  Both pistols are equally crappy and you can spend $100 more to get the Mosquito.  Theading will cost you another $150 on the Moquito

Now you can by the same thing for $550 (Mosquito) or $300 (P22).  

It is not a hard decision.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top