Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 10:32:59 PM EDT
I have an 18 year old GLOCK 19 that has almost none of the orignal black finish on the slide. I would like to have it refinished in a durable, flat black finish similar to the older GLOCK finish.

What are my best options?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:00:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been thinking of using some Norrells on my G17.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#2]
how about that cerekote stuff....?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Cerakote would probably be good. So would Roguard by Robar, and Black T would be awesome to.

To be honest, unless U want a silver color (hard chromed or some other similiar finish), just send the slide into Glock when it wears - It's only $45 for Glock to reblacken it - for any stock finish, the Glock finish is the strongest.

That being said, I just hard chromed a Walther p99 slide - it has tennifer on the slide like a Glock, but the black outter coating was not as durable.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Cerakote would probably be good. So would Roguard by Robar, and Black T would be awesome to.

To be honest, unless U want a silver color (hard chromed or some other similiar finish), just send the slide into Glock when it wears - It's only $45 for Glock to reblacken it - for any stock finish, the Glock finish is the strongest.

That being said, I just hard chromed a Walther p99 slide - it has tennifer on the slide like a Glock, but the black outter coating was not as durable.

www.cicadasharddrive.com/uploads/userfiles/storm1/Walther501.jpg

When  you send it to GLOCK to be refinished, it doesn't get the original finish. They only do that in Austria, and use an outside shop to do the refins. Also, it takes 5-6 weeks to get back.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#5]
They do use an outside shop - but I have done it 2x, and it came back just like the original finish - remember, they are not alerting the tennifer underneath the color - just the black outter coating. So, it is as good as the original finish.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#6]
The slide is basically Parkerized atop the Tenifer.  Glock will just reapply a phosphate coating.  The Tenifer is pretty much untouchable, being what amounts to case hardening.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top