User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the price...YES! Glock is the most accurate weapon.  .

You care to try to prove your statement has any shred of fact to it?

You sound like a bad infomercial.

I am one of those guys that likes bang for the buck type pistols and I love my Glock (and 1911s) however my CZs will smoke my Glock on accuracy and my 75 and P01 are just as reliable in the same price range or cheaper. The Glock does have more after market parts though but my SA G.I. will also smoke my Glock when it comes to accuracy and has more after market parts than my Glock. I lovem all though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:34:48 PM EDT
[#2]
ibtl
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
but then I mostly get to shoot the M9.  

Sorry about that.

When I was wrapping up my time in, the Army was in the process of retiring the venerable M1911 and were just transitioning to the M9.

I glad I never had to carry that thing more than a few months.

Whats wrong with the beretta?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:51:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
but then I mostly get to shoot the M9.  

Sorry about that.

When I was wrapping up my time in, the Army was in the process of retiring the venerable M1911 and were just transitioning to the M9.

I glad I never had to carry that thing more than a few months.

Whats wrong with the beretta?

For a pistol in a smaller caliber, it is HUGE. Easily as big as a 1911 (or double stack HK USP45, or any other double stack .45 for that matter).
Why pay the price in weight and bulk when you gain nothing in caliber?

The early models we had were prone to breakage and had issues. Have heard they revised and fixed some of those issues, but being brought up on the 1911 in my service years, the M9 did nothing to endear itself to me. More accurate, but not surprising since most of our 1911s were 50 years old and worn out. Strictly my opinon.

Not trying to start a 9mm vs .45 war here, strictly my opinion. From AARs from the sandbox I have read, however, I am not alone in this opinion.

M1991A1 vs M9 - Caliber is the ony thing smaller
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:59:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:03:57 AM EDT
[#6]
LOL, he's a LTC, he can carry an airsoft Glock if he wants.
Show me an NCO or Private carrying one.

RHIP.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:52:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#9]
maybe this should be what pistol the US military DOESN'T issue
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
SIG P226, H&K Mk23, 1911s built on Springfields, GLOCK 34.

He asked about handguns, not hand-grenades

I dont see anything funny about that statement. In fact, it shows your immaturity for not recognizing the BEST priced, and most accurate handgun with the most aftermarket parts available.

I'll be waiting for your answer to tell me what handgun in this price range tops the glock.

Jesus, and I thought the Colt Kool-Aid was the strongest.  If you honestly think a Glock is the most accurate handgun (at any price point) and has the most aftermarket parts available you seriously need to exercise the warranty on your brain and get it fixed/replaced.  And as far as topping the Glock in this price range (which you never actually defined, but oh well), I'll take a Springfield Loaded  1911 or a S&W 1911 anyday.  Hell, I'd buy an external extractor Kimber 1911 before a Glock.

For the price...YES! Glock is the most accurate weapon.  Sure, I could pay $1200 for a 1911, but I dont want a gun that I'm going to cry over when I get a little scratch on it. I carry my glock everyday and need something that can take the abuse.

Combat Tupperware is meant for the kitchen......not the battlefield.....anyways, a used SIG of any caliber is more accurate than any Glock I know of.

Scout
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Funny, I just got done looking over the G21 toture test thread before I clicked on this.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I've seen and heard of too many ADs with troops that don't pay attenion with firearms to be uneasy with general issue of any firearm without a safety.  Too many troops lack the training to keep their fingers off the trigger.  

CD
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I've seen and heard of too many ADs with troops that don't pay attenion with firearms to be uneasy with general issue of any firearm without a safety.  Too many troops lack the training to keep their fingers off the trigger.  

CD

Excellent point - especially on Glocks and SA autos.  The DA/SA setup of the M9 must help somewhat... in the AF we are prohibited from using the safety as anything but a decocker.  Our sidearms are carried with a round in the chamber and safety off (or no safety if the M11).  

For the record I despise the DA/SA setup on any gun but I was raised shooting Hi-Powers and 1911s.  Most troops who do get a pistol (cops for instance) carry them a lot and shoot them a little.  Outside of SOF, a service member should not expect the military to get him or  her proficient with a handgun.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:19:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I have seen allot of guys (MTTs, SPTT, BTTs) get Glocks off the ISF, but the weapons are not really US weapons but belong to the Iraqis.  Not to mention the ones bought off the black market.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Combat Tupperware is meant for the kitchen......not the battlefield.....anyways, a used SIG of any caliber is more accurate than any Glock I know of.

You must have missed the pics I posted.  

Regardless of anyone's personal feelings about the GLOCK, there is no other handgun that outperforms it in extreme conditions. Period.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Regardless of anyone's personal feelings about the GLOCK, there is no other handgun that outperforms it in extreme conditions. Period.

I am willing to bet the Heckler and Koch USP would perform as well, and offer superior accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am willing to bet the Heckler and Koch USP would perform as well, and offer superior accuracy.

I agree also, although in bigbore's g21 torture test thread it supposedly failed horribly and if I remember correctly bigbore said he wouldn't depend his life on a USP
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya there is......its called the 1911

Scout
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scout

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scout

Yeah, that's why USMC DET-1 and MEU(SOC) use Glocks.  Oh wait........
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just because you say it is so does not make it so.
You sound like a Glock ad.

How about some proof.  I could say the same thing, insert "Sig" or CZ" instead of "Glock".

It's all just a load of pompous bullshit no matter who says it unless someone can support the statement with hard evidence and comparative results. Images of soldiers holding or carrying Glocks, Sigs, M1911s, M9s or anything else does not mean anything except to show that is what those individuals prefer or were issued according to Unit TO&E.

Nothing more.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about some proof.  I could say the same thing, insert "Sig" or CZ" instead of "Glock".

It's all just a load of pompous bullshit no matter who says it unless someone can support the statement with hard evidence and comparative results. Images of soldiers holding or carrying Glocks, Sigs, M1911s, M9s or anything else does not mean anything except to show that is what those individuals prefer or were issued according to Unit TO&E.

Nothing more.

When someone puts 200K+ on their 1911 like Chuck Taylor's G17, or one of you guys put thier Kimber/Colt/Whatever through what Bigbore put his G21 through, I'll listen.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing more.

You have a tendency of repeating yourself often. If this helps you to sleep at night know you paid too much for an out-dated design(1911) I feel sorry for you.

Glocks are the future of handguns. If they werent...why is it that they sell so well? Why is it that multiple companies have followed in their footsteps of creating polymer framed handguns. A handgun is a tool that is supposed to be reliable, accurate, and affordable.

Look at all of the personal tests done such as BIGBORE. He isnt PAID to say which gun is best, he wasnt bribed by the manufacturer sending him the most expensive gun a tons of free ammo. He simply did tests that would push the firearms to the limit.......with no discrimination because it was tupperware.

Next time you walk into a gun shop on a busy Saturday morning please tell me where most of the customers are huddled. Yes, they are smack-dab in front of the Glock pistol case and other tupperware pistols.

I hope my post didnt sound too much like an  "AD".

Oh yeah....a Glock might not have an external manual safety but if you shoot yourself in the foot, etc. you shouldnt be carrying a pistol until you take professional training and can learn how to keep your finger outside the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:10:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You have a tendency of repeating yourself often. If this helps you to sleep at night know you paid too much for an out-dated design(1911) I feel sorry for you.

Yes, I have to repeat myself when people repeat the same "Chuck Norris" nonsense on why they think their brand is better with no real facts.

And sorry buddy, I don't own a 1911.

I do sleep well at night, thank you.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:34:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I have to repeat myself when people repeat the same "Chuck Norris" nonsense on why they think their brand is better with no real facts.

FYI, Chuck Norris carries a GLOCK.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My point exactly.

If you think all the GLOCK claims are somehow validated because Chuck Norris uses it, then you go with that.  

Hollywood action film stars are not a reference point on firearms for me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My point exactly.

If you think all the GLOCK claims are somehow validated because Chuck Norris uses it, then you go with that.  

Jeeze man, where's your sense of humor? I was obviously joking.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My point exactly.

Jeeze man, where's your sense of humor? I was obviously joking.

My Bad!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, because he carries a beretta.

Come on guys, don't you ever watch Walker?

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Yeah, because he carries a beretta.

Come on guys, don't you ever watch Walker?

I have only seen it once, and he was carrying a stainless Taurus PT-99.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree also, although in bigbore's g21 torture test thread it supposedly failed horribly and if I remember correctly bigbore said he wouldn't depend his life on a USP

Sure, but that is one G21 versus one USP45. If he had 10 of each or more I would be more inclined to believe it more. Larry Vickers did something similar and came to the opposite conclusion. The sample sizes are too small to be certain.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My point exactly.

The only reason Chuck Norris carries around a Glock is due to the fact that he knows that WHEN it fails, he will just be able to round house kick everyone and not have to worry about it.

Scout
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing more.

Glocks are the future of handguns. If they werent...why is it that they sell so well? Why is it that multiple companies have followed in their footsteps of creating polymer framed handguns. A handgun is a tool that is supposed to be reliable, accurate, and affordable.

Look at all of the personal tests done such as BIGBORE. He isnt PAID to say which gun is best, he wasnt bribed by the manufacturer sending him the most expensive gun a tons of free ammo. He simply did tests that would push the firearms to the limit.......with no discrimination because it was tupperware.

Next time you walk into a gun shop on a busy Saturday morning please tell me where most of the customers are huddled. Yes, they are smack-dab in front of the Glock pistol case and other tupperware pistols.

I hope my post didnt sound too much like an  "AD".

Oh yeah....a Glock might not have an external manual safety but if you shoot yourself in the foot, etc. you shouldnt be carrying a pistol until you take professional training and can learn how to keep your finger outside the trigger guard.

I own two Glocks (22 and 23) and a SA TRP (among other handguns) and you couldn't pay me to carry one of the Glocks in a situation where my life might depend on it.  They are the most innacurate, uncomfortable and unreliable pistols I own and if they weren't my father's (RIP) I'd sell them in the blink of an eye.  My 1911, on the other hand, has been 100% reliable, is more acurate than I could ever hope to be and feels like JMB designed it to fit my personal hands.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top