Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 10:52:00 AM EDT
It's time to replace my stock G19 sights and was curious if anyone had any experience with the AO Big Dot sights?  Are they any more or less accurate than standard 3 dot sights?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have installed these sights on several different handguns for clients. Generally, the clients are older people with the nearsighted problems that come with old age. About 1/2 the clients liked them and will use nothing else. The other half did not like them as they effectively covered up the target and did not allow for shooting optimum groups.

I personally do not either need nor like them. But they are a solution for some. IM if any questions. Charles the Gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one installed in Sig and it works fine.

I can't get that 1 hole accuracy at 5 yds, but I can blast Coke cans at 30 yds without problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top