Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 9:31:23 PM EDT
how in the hell do i get this little thing apart? looks like the safety should come out first, but i don't know whatever trick. google was no help.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen one of these and I don't mean to hijack, but how good of a gun is it? I know it's a 25 but it seems like a nice little gun.

Sorry I couldn't help.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know yet if it's any good. I just got it and aperently it doesn't fire. Could be how incredably dirty it is. The grip only has room for one finger, and no sights to speak of. Not much of a home protection gun, but it could be fun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Just a wild guess based solely on looking at a photo that I found of one.

I suspect the slide is held on by the barrel, which is held on by lugs along the bottom rear of the barrel engaging in mating lugs in the receiver (similar to a Browning or FN 1910).

Try this (only don’t use too much force in case I’m wrong):

Pull the slide back until the safety engages the notch in the forward part of the slide.

Engage the notch, which should hold the slide to the rear.

Twist the barrel a bit over 45 degrees, probably clockwise looking from the rear of the pistol.  This will disengage the lugs.  

Pull the slide back slightly and disengage the safety.

With luck, the barrel and slide will move forward and off the receiver.

If my guess is correct, the barrel near the muzzle will probably have serrations or divits around it to grasp when you twist it.

I could easily be wrong - don't break the thing!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#4]
According to my research, the Firecat is a copy of the Colt 1908 or Browning 1906.  Here is the disassembly procedure for those guns:

Swing the safety forward and use it to lock the slide about ½ way to the rear. Then turn the barrel to unlock it. After that release the slide and ease it forward and off. Be careful because it is under spring tension. At this point turn the slide upside down and you can push the firing pin, spring and spring follower (if there is one) out the back of the slide.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Incidentally, I don’t think it will come apart if it’s cocked.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just a wild guess based solely on looking at a photo that I found of one.

I suspect the slide is held on by the barrel, which is held on by lugs along the bottom rear of the barrel engaging in mating lugs in the receiver (similar to a Browning or FN 1910).

Try this (only don’t use too much force in case I’m wrong):

Pull the slide back until the safety engages the notch in the forward part of the slide.

Engage the notch, which should hold the slide to the rear.

Twist the barrel a bit over 45 degrees, probably clockwise looking from the rear of the pistol.  This will disengage the lugs.  

Pull the slide back slightly and disengage the safety.

With luck, the barrel and slide will move forward and off the receiver.

If my guess is correct, the barrel near the muzzle will probably have serrations or divits around it to grasp when you twist it.

I could easily be wrong - don't break the thing!

Quoted:
According to my research, the Firecat is a copy of the Colt 1908 or Browning 1906.  Here is the disassembly procedure for those guns:

Swing the safety forward and use it to lock the slide about ½ way to the rear. Then turn the barrel to unlock it. After that release the slide and ease it forward and off. Be careful because it is under spring tension. At this point turn the slide upside down and you can push the firing pin, spring and spring follower (if there is one) out the back of the slide.

Thanks ya'll, i was starting to feel retarded. Got it apart. Looks like the first time since the 30's. Half the firing pin is gone. Grips are shit. No finish to speak of. I'm glad they still sell parts.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Got it apart. Looks like the first time since the 30's.

The Astra, caked in crud, awaits.  None of its owners have succeeded in unlocking its secrets, for they are exceeding arcane and of the Old Ways.

It knows that its final destiny will be heralded by something called the Internet some forty years hence.  At that point, beyond the New Millenium, the Firecat will undergo its rebirth and a new dawn of prosperity will emerge.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top