Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 3:22:10 AM EDT
I saw a forward grip on a glock , it was stated that it needs to be registered as an AOW .  

Now is that like registering a suppresser?

You register the grip (not the firearm) ?

You can switch it from pistol to pistol just carry the paperwork with you???
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:42:00 AM EDT
[#1]
How was it attached? Was it a permenant/semi permenant part of the frame, or just something to slide onto a light rail?  If it's a rail thing i bet you could do a bit of dremeling and get an AR front grip on there.

A link with pick would be helpful
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#2]
It's in the glock forum right here at ar15.com .  It looks to snap on like a light does on a glock.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe you register the weapon, just like if you wanna put a stock on it, you register the pistol and not the stock. I personaly can't see the utility of a VFG unless you have a stock attached though, talk about a weird firing stance.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought there was a federal court decision that stated that if the gun was designed to fire with one hand, then putting another vertical grip did not make it an AOW?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:15:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive seen a forward grip on a Glock 18 before.  Not a big fan though.(of the grip)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top