Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 7:37:48 AM EDT
I want to have a set of grips made for my newly purchased DW Bobtail Commander, but I can't decide on an inlay. Here's a link so you know what they are capable of: wickedgrips.com/  Most anything you can dream up, they can do.

Post some really good ideas for an inlay and if I see some I like, I'll put them all up to a final vote and pick the winner.

The person who posts the winning design will get a prize...

I thought about getting a badass looking lady of justice inlaid on them but now I'm just not sure.

Let's see your ideas.  Clever symbols are highly encouraged.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:51:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a picture of a Glock engraved on them.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I am a fan of the single, Punisher type skull. If U need, I can dig up some pics of this on a 1911 grip if necessary. I've seen them on many people's grips, and they look pretty kewl :)
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool grips.  I've never heard of them.

How about a goat head on one side and a goat ass on the other?

ETA:  Avoid all symbols of death.  If you ever have to use your gun (any gun) in self defense, you don't want to have to explain that to a jury.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you military or LEO?  If so, I would highly think about having your branch's symbol put in there.  If LEO, you could put your agency's logo on them.  That would kind of suck if you changed depts., so perhaps a generic symbol?  Give me a little while and I'll come up with something better.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:01:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Cool grips.  I've never heard of them.

How about a goat head on one side and a goat ass on the other?
Brilliant!

ETA:  Avoid all symbols of death.  If you ever have to use your gun (any gun) in self defense, you don't want to have to explain that to a jury.
For a defensive weapon, I completely and totally agree.

Their Damascus steel grips look incredible!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are you military or LEO?  If so, I would highly think about having your branch's symbol put in there.  If LEO, you could put your agency's logo on them.  That would kind of suck if you changed depts., so perhaps a generic symbol?  Give me a little while and I'll come up with something better.  MJD

I'm neither.  If I were, that is what I would put.  I was in the USMC, but I don't really want an EGA on the grips... that has been done already.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:06:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am a fan of the single, Punisher type skull. If U need, I can dig up some pics of this on a 1911 grip if necessary. I've seen them on many people's grips, and they look pretty kewl :)

Don't trouble yourself, they have several pics of those grips on their site.

While those grips are sweet, I would like for mine to be one of a kind.  I will be having these custom made, which means they will draw a sketch of the inlay for my approval, then manufacture the inlay, and make the grips.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:07:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm neither.  If I were, that is what I would put.  I was in the USMC, but I don't really want an EGA on the grips... that has been done already.

How about the enduring image of the flag raising on Iwo Jima?  That's probably been done already, but I think it would be sweet inlaid in a grip.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yup.

The grips they have on there with the grim reaper, and "Outlaw" and stuff like that seem pretty rediculous considering the prosecutor would have a hayday with that.

I thought about an ancient symbol meaning "protection" or "guardian" or something like that, but couldn't find any that really tickled my fancy.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Umbrella Corp. logo

G
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#11]
How about a gargoyle?  If I remember my mythology, those were seen as guardians (and downspouts).  MJD
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I think a ,simple, yellow ,have a nice day smiley face would look good on an all black 1911.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:34:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I've been contimplating the same thing.  I've thought about some Japanese words or Boolean words.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Get grips with a picture of a pin up girl off one of the ww2 bombers.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#16]
If you thought our "Outlaw" grips were ridiculous.... hehehe.... you must not have seen the "BMF" grips we did for a client.

Our work is not for everyone, and thats cool.. to each his own & all of that! I'm definitely a "niche" grip maker... and our style of work doesn't appeal to everyone...  But thats sorta the point.

We will make special grips for those who prefer their custom grips for daily carry to say stuff like "Sorry! I told him to drop the knife three times before firing!" or the ever popular "I dialed 911 first!"... Our Smurf & Hello Kitty lines are also very popular for those living in areas with an agressive prosecutor's office.

KIDDING...

Seriously though.... we make grips for everyone. Be it the collector looking for a custom touch for his safe queen... to the display guns meant to grab attention at the SHOT show... to LEO's carry guns (badges tend to be popular... but the Superman crest is as well.... I wonder what the DA would think of that.. ).. to just regular Joe's like myself who like the idea of having something truly custom for a favorite handgun. Fun guns for the range... for hunting.. for collecting... and yes, for many, daily carry. We've done them all.. in one form or another.

There are many facets to gun ownership that dont include shooting another human being... and we cater to those areas as well. Some of our grip designs are meant for those folks who enjoy their sport in a different way... and we're perfectly happy to make grips to fit each individuals needs.. that's what "custom" is really about.

And for those concerned with the politics of daily carry issues.. and the potential pitfalls of having to use your firearm to protect yourself, we're happy to work with them to come up with a theme that they feel comfortable with.. and offer many styles & materials with & without inlay which are suitable for carry.

But man... if you think Outlaw was bad.. you guys would get a huge kick out of some of the e-mails we get... some of the ideas we politely turn down!

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#17]
My favorite "Lady Liberty" is the PISSED OFF terminator LADY LIBERTY...

CLICK HERE
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#19]
congrats with your Dan Wesson. I would use the DW cross that on side of your weapon.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Ed.........good to see you are a member here!  Where are your new grips?  I haven't seen any new ones in a few weeks!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey Patrick!

Busy man.... really busy... with alot of the newest stuff being set aside for the SHOT show in Vegas coming up in a few weeks. That.. and the christmas rush really keep us too busy to do alot of new pics for the website.

But believe me... over the next few months will probably see a bunch of new pages added to the website. Alot of exciting things coming up for us.

Hope you had a good holiday Patrick...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#22]
How about an inlaid chrome nekkid lady like some drivers have on big-truck mudflaps? I think that would look pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I would make a list of every thing I like and try to incorporate as many as possible into the grip

for example:
USMC
Dodge RT stripe
Rank (chevrons and rockers) or w/e
NAME
Italian or irish flag   I'm 50/50
just a thought.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:43:06 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm thinking of a set of "MOLON LABE" grips myself. I just don't know what kind of script would be most appropriate. Take that and run with it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:07:14 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
YoYoDyne Propulsion Systems

Or the Buckaroo Banzai logo :P
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
YoYoDyne Propulsion Systems

"Big-boo-tay!  Tay!!!"
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I've always wanted the snake (kinda like the bushy logo) that Clint Eastwood had on his grips in the spagetti westerns.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#29]

If you decide to make 'em, I want a set

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Molon Labe - which means, “Come and get them!”

Explaination

Lots of guys here would get them if they were available.

Mike

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Molon Labe eh? thats sounds like a very apt theme...  the Battle of Thermoplyae equivalent to the "NUTS!" surrender reply at Bastogne.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#32]
I like the bible verse out of the book of Luke, I beleive it is 22:36. Jesus tells his desciples if they do not have a sword to sell there cloak and go by one.

Then on the other grip pannel you could have, my sword written on it in greek.

That would be cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top