Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/3/2006 10:30:03 AM EDT
guys Im in a panic today I was shooting reloaded ammo that my grandfather made before he died apparently he either didnt put any powder at all or enough in the round. when I heard a psh sound instead of a a bang I opened the cylinder and looked in the barrel......no light Ive got a bullet stuck dead middle of my barrell how do I get it out, its a 38 specail S&W with I think six inch barrel
help please
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:59:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 11:23:05 AM EDT by aegis]
If it's lead I would take a wooden dowel and drive it out. Make sure the dowel is longer then the barrel so you don't hit the crown. I would have the pistol checked by a gunsmith.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:20:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By aegis:
If it's lead I would take a wooden dowel and drive it out. Make sure the dowel is longer then the barrel so you don't hit the crown. I would have the pistol checked by a gunsmith.

+1
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:40:26 PM EDT
Get a brass range rod and hammer the bullet out. A dead blow hammer helps a lot.
Wood is a bad idea. If it splits it can wedge into the barrel in a painfully tight manner and be very difficult to remove.
Range rods are almost bore diameter to minimize the chance of bending, and being brass are unlikely to cause damage.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:19:44 PM EDT
whatever squib rod you use MAKE SURE IT IS AS CLOSE TO THE BORE DIAMETER AS POSSIBLE...this reduced the chance of causing the bullet to wedge itself into the bore...

tip number 2: NEVER SHOOT SOMEONE ELSE'S RELOADS.....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:52:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:59:12 PM EDT
They have already said how to remove the bullet. My advise to you is,
"Throw the rest of the ammo away".
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:03:24 PM EDT
gramps was a hell of as man but not too keen on details later in life.do youself a big favor and after you dicard grampas reloads never,ever use reloads from anyone except yourself.
Top Top