Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 5:56:21 AM EDT
2 questions about the BHP:

Local shop has a "Browning Arms, Utah/Montreal" pistol, made in Belgium/assembled in Portugal.  Ambidextrous extended safety, external extractor, plastic grips & fixed sights, 9mm, s/n 245NW8xxxx.  New, $459 + tax.

Question #1:  Is the gun above the same gun CDNN used to sell for $399?  (CDNN is out of the $399 specials)

Question #2:  How do the FM95 BHP clones compare to a genuine Browning?  I believe parts are interchangeable, but what about finish, fit in holsters, etc?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the CDNN pistols, but AFAIK all the HP's on the market are licensed copies of the original. There is a pecking order starting with the original FN pistols assembeled in Belgum, running all the way down to either the Argentine FM's or the FEG copy. The major difference in pistols is in quality of the fit and finnish, with the better pistols being blued. Magazines and most parts are interchangeable, but with the number of different factories involved don't count on all of the pieces being drop in quality. There are really no bad HP clones, just levels of collectability any expense.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

Also, who manufactures the "no-bite" hammers for these things?  The FEG clone I used to own bit my hand every single time until I bobbed it, whereupon it only usually bit my hand...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Cylinder and slide makes them. I just had it among other things done to my Hi Power. Got it from Brownells.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea, the C&S hammer is good. I have a practical, with the commander hammer. It bites me just a tiny bit, and not enough to matter when I am shooting. Get a BHP, get some gunner grips, ditch the mag disconnect, and shoot the piss out of it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks!

Also, who manufactures the "no-bite" hammers for these things?  The FEG clone I used to own bit my hand every single time until I bobbed it, whereupon it only usually bit my hand...

Bobbing the hammer is not the only step to keep a BHP from biting.  You must also shave the entire rear surface of the hammer body down by about a millimeter or two and round the rear edges of each side of the hammer.  This turns a biting Bippie into a VERY pleasant shooter.  I wish they would just do this from the factory.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I own a Silver chrome Belgium BHP and I love it.   I've owned three different HP's and three different clones.   For that price.....JUMP ON IT!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:03:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats a great price on a Browning....

The FNs are cheaper and usually run around the price you listed.

The Browning for some reason usually run about $200 more, I payed $630 for mine and that was the best price in town.  

The FN and Browning are the exact same gun, the Browning just has a better finish.....I have the Browning and have handled an FN....I wasted $200 of my money, the nicer finish wasnt worth it and Im not a big "brand name" person so the Browning name doesnt do nuttin for me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top