Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2002 1:45:43 AM EDT
My USP seems to be uncooperative sometimes.  Sometimes the upper slide will come forward when I insert a loaded mag after firing the last round---sometimes not.  I want it to come forward to load the first round EVERY time.

There also seems to be some excessive "free play" in the trigger before it starts to engage the internals of the gun.  Nothing seems to be worn.  I am trying to figure out how to eliminate this "free play" and maybe even lighten the trigger pull at the same time.  

HELP!!!  Anyone got any bright ideas?  Thanks so much in advance.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:41:03 AM EDT
[#1]
"Jumping" the slide catch when a loaded mag is inserted is not a feature designed into the gun. Virtually all double column mag pistols can be made to do this if you slam the mag in hard enough. It may look way cool, but it is not what you want to happen for several reasons. If you are not careful with your trigger finger, for instance, it can...and has...lead to AD's.

The "free play" in your trigger is there to insure that the mechanisn works correctly under service conditions by allowing everything to correctly re-engage when the slide slams home after firing. H&K sells a target trigger assembly for around $100 (plus whatever it costs for an install) that can fix this to a great degree, but ,typically, target parts are not something you would want on a service type weapon.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  You are correct in saying I do not want target parts on a service pistol.  Is there any way to avoid this "jumping" of the slide so that I am not always worrying what it is going to do?  
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:48:39 AM EDT
[#3]
My understanding is that newer USP's have the slide catch notch cut back at more of an angle than older ones (which have a 90 degree notch) to help prevent this. You might contact H&K and see if this is something they can / will do for you. Also, you might go to the H&K Pro website and ask there...some of those guys are REALLY into H&K's.

www.HKPRO.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top