Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2002 1:51:29 PM EDT
Was wanting small handy reasonably priced .380 pistol for carry. I saw a Bersa series 95 that I liked the looks of , but have no idea of the quality, reiability or accuraccy of these guns. Want something a little slimmer than my G27 and might let the wifey have it for the purse on occasions she feels the need.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The Bersa is a very nice little pistol. It would be my third chioce of what is available within that category. My first choice would be the SiG 230 or 232 with the alloy frame. Second choice would be the Mak. And third, the Bersa. They are great, accurate and very concealable.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
IMO, they are crap. I owned one for about two weeks (a 9mm) and it was akin to Jennings and Bryco.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IMO, they are crap. I owned one for about two weeks (a 9mm) and it was akin to Jennings and Bryco.

My dad had one it was a Jam-o-matic.
I would take a look at a Mak.
No option on the Sig(never used one)
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The bersa thunder is a good 380.....surprisingly accurate and a smooth shooter.....no problems with mine........the firestorm 9mm sold by that company is a completely different handgun....all together different design.......
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I shoot my friend's Bersa Thunder 380 all the time when we go the range. Nice shooter and
a breeze to strip & clean.
For the $179 spent - pretty nice!
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#6]
One of the guys I shoot with bought one (Bersa Thunder .380) for his wife. Quite accurate, seems solidly built. They've only had it for a year, maybe put 200-300 rounds through it, so far so good. Time will tell, but for $180, seems like a good bet. I seem to remember them getting a favorable write-up in one of the NRA magazines.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 5:29:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Friend has one in 22.  Nice little gun.  We shot it a lot.  I wouldn't hestitate to buy one if I were in the market.

Link Posted: 9/13/2002 5:38:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Phill625:

I work at a gunshop in the midwest, and the Bersa Thunder 380 is our best-selling pistol in that size/caliber class, hands-down. We've largely stopped carrying the more expensive SIG and Beretta .380s, because the Bersas shoot just as well for half the money! And we have yet to send one back for any kind of repairs.

The Makarov is an excellent pistol, but is quite a bit bulkier/heavier than the Bersa due to its all-steel construction. On the up-side, the 9x18 round is a bit more potent than the .380, mags are cheap, and there are several aftermarket items available (www.makarov.com) that can turn a Mak into a decent carry weapon.

I correspond with a couple guys in Argentina (where the Bersa is made) on a regular basis. They say that because Bersa is "home grown," the brand doesn't have the popularity that some of the import names do (Colt, Glock, S&W, etc)... but despite that, almost EVERYBODY has a Bersa in their collection. It's the "old standby" down there, like a Smith J-frame would be here in the States.

Link Posted: 9/13/2002 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Shooter 521 and everybody else for the info. I think for the price I'll go ahead and get one and give it a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top