Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Its just under a grand, like 988 or something like that. The C-More option is more, in the 1200 range.

https://advancedtactical.com/ria-5.0/

Just sign up for in stock notifications, and buy it quickly when you get the email. The batches are small and sell very fast.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:49:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Following for review...

I'm hoping they make an"Tac" version, i.e. tacticool fde lower, magwell, the "sport" i.e. original trigger weight trigger, and....wait for it...... threaded barrel. The fact barrel doesn't unlock in the traditional manner I do believe that means no booster needed i.e. could technically use a (navy style, w/ Integral 1x28) tri-lug for us sub gun can guys. That and extended mags. This with that new Holosun Comp would be ?????? (I am not a tactical ninja, nor do I claim to be, Ymmv).
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The “in stock notification” does not come up for me on that pistol.  Other pistols- yes

I figured it out, on the product page you have to select the little dot next to which pistol you are interested in and it has a pop-up that asks if you want to be on the list.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI just received email these are back in stock, said there was 14 on hand, minus the one I just picked up. Received 5 min ago.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Something else I just noticed, the "special edition" is NOT only optic ready/ cut, but actually ships WITH a C-More RTS II V5 that MSRPs at $399. So really you're saving $100 on it plus optic cut free over base model if you want to look at it like that.

Must have had only one, as when I now look at the in stock, the special edition is grayed out, showing 13 in stock, so assuming via above those are all the base model.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Something else I just noticed, the "special edition" is NOT only optic ready/ cut, but actually ships WITH a C-More RTS II V5 that MSRPs at $399. So really you're saving $100 on it plus optic cut free over base model if you want to look at it like that.

Must have had only one, as when I now look at the in stock, the special edition is grayed out, showing 13 in stock, so assuming via above those are all the base model.
View Quote

Maybe a stupid question.....but what does something like this do better than say a CZ P-09 that costs half the price?
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I just saw the in stock notification was emailed to me but OOS by the time I got there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Maybe a stupid question.....but what does something like this do better than say a CZ P-09 that costs half the price?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Super low bore axis.  Way cooler than a crusty old CZ.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Super low bore axis, metal frame, vector-ish internal hammer, which allows for what some might consider "proper" sear geometry so you can obtain that 1911 feeling trigger as opposed to what a traditional poly gun comes out of the box with, never before seen (that I've seen at least, seems to be running consensus), non dropping barrel/ browning link system operation, so since barrel can be fit to the frame (think of a 1911/CZ75 barrel's locking lugs/ barrel bushing. Now make the whole barrel the locking lugs/ barrel bushing, this is essentially that), so in theory SHOULD be laser accurate, stupid simple design once you grasp the mechanics and operational theory behind it. This is very close in concept to the LAUGO ARMS Alien that debuted a few years ago but never fully made it to production (there were I think 100 ish released, only available as a kit of one lower, 2 uppers, one of which was optic ready, mounted, only difference, and were like $6k.). Or at least as close as you're going to get at the price point.

My single gripe so far is you have to have a punch or punch shaped object to reassemble a portion of the recoil spring after field strip. You could probably use a stick, I just don't know how I feel about something that need a "tool" to reassemble, but maybe there's a trick to get around it, and this is simply an observation based off scootch00's vid where he explained the guts. YMMV, and this is a TINY not picky item, and is only my opinion.

Leave it to damn Rock Island and come to SHOT and steal the show.

Between this and Holosun's sub $1k NV Holo sight and their sub $2000 Thermal Holo sight, SHOT actually got me excited this year, last time I felt like this was when the Desert Tech MDR was "released".

Hopefully this doesn't go that way. At least RIA has there's on hand to ship before taking folk's money.

P.S. I am in no way a RIA fanboy, in fact, I had a mid length (RCS or something I forget) double stack tactical 1911 in 10mm from them and the thing was GARBAGE. Wouldn't reliably feed any ammo I tried, clean and lube all new guns by default, so that wasn't it, mirror polished the throat and ramp, helped a little, tried longer mag springs, recoil springs you name it. Didn't want to go the 6 week turn option on a trip back to manufacturer, (this was before they moved to Utah), so ultimately sold it at a loss as is that "could get it working". Never heard from them again so idk what result was. Seems a new company since the move.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#10]
We need these 2 threads merged badly
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I scored the last one of the standard models they had in stock.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Super low bore axis, metal frame, vector-ish internal hammer, which allows for what some might consider "proper" sear geometry so you can obtain that 1911 feeling trigger as opposed to what a traditional poly gun comes out of the box with, never before seen (that I've seen at least, seems to be running consensus), non dropping barrel/ browning link system operation, so since barrel can be fit to the frame (think of a 1911/CZ75 barrel's locking lugs/ barrel bushing. Now make the whole barrel the locking lugs/ barrel bushing, this is essentially that), so in theory SHOULD be laser accurate, stupid simple design once you grasp the mechanics and operational theory behind it. This is very close in concept to the LAUGO ARMS Alien that debuted a few years ago but never fully made it to production (there were I think 100 ish released, only available as a kit of one lower, 2 uppers, one of which was optic ready, mounted, only difference, and were like $6k.). Or at least as close as you're going to get at the price point.

My single gripe so far is you have to have a punch or punch shaped object to reassemble a portion of the recoil spring after field strip. You could probably use a stick, I just don't know how I feel about something that need a "tool" to reassemble, but maybe there's a trick to get around it, and this is simply an observation based off scootch00's vid where he explained the guts. YMMV, and this is a TINY not picky item, and is only my opinion.

Leave it to damn Rock Island and come to SHOT and steal the show.

Between this and Holosun's sub $1k NV Holo sight and their sub $2000 Thermal Holo sight, SHOT actually got me excited this year, last time I felt like this was when the Desert Tech MDR was "released".

Hopefully this doesn't go that way. At least RIA has there's on hand to ship before taking folk's money.

P.S. I am in no way a RIA fanboy, in fact, I had a mid length (RCS or something I forget) double stack tactical 1911 in 10mm from them and the thing was GARBAGE. Wouldn't reliably feed any ammo I tried, clean and lube all new guns by default, so that wasn't it, mirror polished the throat and ramp, helped a little, tried longer mag springs, recoil springs you name it. Didn't want to go the 6 week turn option on a trip back to manufacturer, (this was before they moved to Utah), so ultimately sold it at a loss as is that "could get it working". Never heard from them again so idk what result was. Seems a new company since the move.
View Quote

Sooch didnt disassemble the pistol correctly (according to RIA). The manual actually shows compressing the recoil spring and pinning it with a small tool, but I havent tried it yet. \

That being said, this thing is awesome.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:53:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Any first hand feedback available from an accuracy test as of yet? Even if just from subjective "feel". In line with a mid/ high end 1911 would you say?

Also, I'm hoping Fred decides to drop a 22TCM 9r conversion for this thing. That would be sweet!
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We need these 2 threads merged badly
View Quote

Is that possible? Perhaps the mods can kill one?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:09:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any first hand feedback available from an accuracy test as of yet? Even if just from subjective "feel". In line with a mid/ high end 1911 would you say?

Also, I'm hoping Fred decides to drop a 22TCM 9r conversion for this thing. That would be sweet!
View Quote

Its easily that accurate. I have a nighthawk Chairman, P226S X5, etc, and this behaves just as accurately.

I need to put it on paper at 25m, but was out of town. I may be able to tmw morning before work.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:52:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Sweet, this is what I was hoping to hear.

Thank you sir.

Random question, can you tell if the slide release lever looks to be from another model? Say a 1911 spec of CZ75 spec one? I'm hoping to find it's spec so I can swap for one with an integral thumb rest/ gas pedal.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 7:22:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

When i get mine i will shoot it against a Dan wesson DWX.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Please do,

I was actually going to get a DWX until I saw this,

May still get one once they become more readily available.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:45:31 AM EDT
[#19]
What kind of action does this pistol have?  Armscor just says semi-automatic, but it has a hammer.  Is it SAO or DAO?  It has no hammer drop control that I can see, so that leaves out DA/SA.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Sao
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sao
View Quote

Thanks!  This pistol is now on my list of pistols to acquire next.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#22]
@CFII, apprx how long did it take American Tactical to fulfill your order once confirmation email received? I called yesterday afternoon and they confirmed my receiving FFLs license had been received. No movement yet.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What kind of action does this pistol have?  Armscor just says semi-automatic, but it has a hammer.  Is it SAO or DAO?  It has no hammer drop control that I can see, so that leaves out DA/SA.
View Quote

Ummmm CZ built lots of DA/SA guns with no “hammer drop control”. Decocker isn’t required.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Name one other pistol this USA factory RIA supposedly has, has produced...Don't pay $1k for this gun guys....just don't
View Quote

Quoted:

And wait for the inevitable gigantic price drop.
View Quote

So what do you think the price will drop to? Why are you convinced that it will happen?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So what do you think the price will drop to? Why are you convinced that it will happen?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Name one other pistol this USA factory RIA supposedly has, has produced...Don't pay $1k for this gun guys....just don't

Quoted:

Well, the price of any gun will drop some over time, so based on other RIA guns, you should expect to see street prices settle at about 80% of MSRP sooner or later... although I'm betting it will be a lot "later" in the case of this pistol.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Well, the price of any gun will drop some over time, so based on other RIA guns, you should expect to see street prices settle at about 80% of MSRP sooner or later... although I'm betting it will be a lot "later" in the case of this pistol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That’s not really true. Lots of guns stay solid and rise with inflation. EncoreGolf made it sound like it was going to be a huge drop and I don’t equate that with the normal settling a new gun does after release.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
@CFII, apprx how long did it take American Tactical to fulfill your order once confirmation email received? I called yesterday afternoon and they confirmed my receiving FFLs license had been received. No movement yet.
View Quote

It took like 2 days to ship, tops.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

IMG_7902 by MajorLeagueHooker, on Flickr

IMG_7903 by MajorLeagueHooker, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#29]
FYI

Spare 17rd mags are in stock at advanced tactical.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It took like 2 days to ship, tops.
View Quote

Roger that, appreciate the info, hopefully it'll ship tomorrow and be received by my FFL before EOD tomorrow (they're closed Sunday, and don't know if I'll be able to pull away from work before they close rest of the week until Saturday ??)
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
FYI

Spare 17rd mags are in stock at advanced tactical.
View Quote

How many does it ship with?

Any info on if anyone is making mag extensions or if one from another model should fit?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

How many does it ship with?

Any info on if anyone is making mag extensions or if one from another model should fit?
View Quote

It came with 3, 17rd mags in a soft case.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:38:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Two days and no shipment notification on mine either, I called and sent two emails and no response. I’m a little concerned at the moment with the lack of response.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 7:36:23 AM EDT
[#34]
I would say they are not great in that regard, but they do ship everything.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Two days and no shipment notification on mine either, I called and sent two emails and no response. I’m a little concerned at the moment with the lack of response.
View Quote

I have not seen anything yet either for mine, though I did call yesterday and they did confirm they received my FFL's license though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It came with 3, 17rd mags in a soft case.
View Quote

Groovy that's perfect for my IDPA needs.

Now to find a holster...
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Now to find a holster...
View Quote

You spent over $1k on the gun, get a custom holster once it arrives.  Chances are good that a G21 holster will tide you over.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Now to find a holster...
View Quote

RIA has OWB holsters on their site for the 5.0
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You spent over $1k on the gun, get a custom holster once it arrives.  Chances are good that a G21 holster will tide you over.
View Quote

Apologies, I should have said "to get a holster"

I run a hybrid (cloak tuck/ aliengear style) and found a site awhile back that makes replacement half shells for many more options than aliengear or any other singular source has, without having to buy an entire new holster.

That being said, I'll probably pick up that OWB CFII just mentioned.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

RIA has OWB holsters on their site for the 5.0
View Quote

Call me what you will,

I can't find the darn thing on there,

Link please?

Edit - still no shipping confirmation, grrrr ??
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Call me what you will,

I can't find the darn thing on there,

Link please?

Edit - still no shipping confirmation, grrrr ??
View Quote

OWB 5.0 holsters
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 12:48:49 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

What a guy! Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Called yesterday, still no ship, they confirmed receipt of latest FFL from my FFL from Friday last week, and they said sales rep was aware, should receive track info 5-7 business days.

Edit - Received shipping confirmation today, woot!
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Shot another couple hundred rounds thru it today. Smooth and fast, and did a little shooting on paper. Used Norma 124gr FMJ. Group at 10m.

IMG_8034 by MajorLeagueHooker, on Flickr

IMG_8035 by MajorLeagueHooker, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Shot another couple hundred rounds thru it today. Smooth and fast, and did a little shooting on paper. Used Norma 124gr FMJ. Group at 10m.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52688681177_19b66b4f5c_b.jpgIMG_8034 by MajorLeagueHooker, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52688681307_626f42a0a9_b.jpgIMG_8035 by MajorLeagueHooker, on Flickr
View Quote

Looks good!
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52688681177_19b66b4f5c_b.jpgIMG_8034 by MajorLeagueHooker, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52688681307_626f42a0a9_b.jpgIMG_8035 by MajorLeagueHooker, on Flickr
View Quote

Nice! Even more excited to get mine in hand!

Was this standing or bench rest?

Do you have a shadow 2 by chance? I'm curious if the slide lock lever is interchangeable. I'd like one with a integrated thumb rest if it interchanges with another more popular model.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Here she is,

64 of 300

" />

" />
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Mine arrives today, weather sucks and its gonna be hard to do a video on until next week.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#49]
First range trip report

Ammo used below

" />

Target can be seen between slats, approximately 25 yards

Alternate view from target stand

" />

First shots sighting in with the Geco 115gr, this and all other groups shot sitting, at bench, slow fire, rested on bag.

" />

After zeroed, bottom left 115gr, bottom right 147gr Blazer, to include shots to re-zero, top right after re-zero, top left 4 shots of the 108 gr Norma MHP.

" />

One malfunction, a stove pipe with the 147gr. This is after cleaned of shipping lube and re-lubed with tw25b mil-com gun grease, plus a few drops of Lucas gun oil (I find grease plus oil = noticably smoother/ slicker than either individually, ymmv).

My thoughts...

I would consider it to be noticably more accurate (actually noticably less accurate), than my Shadow 2 with a 10x barrel bushing. The recoil does seem noticably less though. I was hoping for a trigger closer to that of a Shadow 2/ 1911 since I was under the impression that was the whole idea behind using a internal hammer design. However l, break was predictable and pull weight didn't feel like it stacked, i.e. gets higher the further back you pull, which is how I feel most poly striker fire guns feel in my opinion, so that's a plus.

To be fair, I did not confirm the optic mount screws were torqued, that being said with at least my fingers attempting to turn them, they seemed tight, no noticable movement.

Did not realize the optic version wouldn't come cut with a front sight dovetail/ front sight, so if you get the optic version you will be limited to ONLY optics.

I don't quantify accuracy until a firearm broke in, so after another 300 rounds or so (went through maybe 150 this trip), I'll reclean everything, to include bore, and see if these groups tighten up.

Definitely a head turner, had about 6 people group around me at LGS when they pulled it out to begin paperwork, so that's kind of neat if that's your thing.

Will follow up after the next range session, hopefully when it's not 35 degrees out ??

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#50]
So do you like it? I’ve shot probably 600rds thru it and really enjoy it. The trigger is smooth and the fit and finish is rather awesome.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top