Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2002 11:37:05 AM EDT
Field strip a Lorcin pistol (besides hitting it with a rock)?  A friend has one (yeah, I know, friends don't let friends shoot Lorcins, Bryco, etc), and it will not fire.  He has cleared it, but cannot figure out how to remove the slide.  Since he is in another state, I can't look at it to figure it out.

Does anyone know how?
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Bret

He's much better off not striping it. But there is a takedown button on it somewhere that is used to get the slide off.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I told him to beat it with a brick until it was factory fresh.  He didn'think it was funny.

So there is a takedown button?  Hmmmm... That sounds hard to miss.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
If memory serves me, you push in the back of the firing pin as you pull back & up on the slide. The firing pin doubles as the ejector.

This is for either a Lorcin or Jennings, I cannot remember which.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a little button that fits into the rear of the slide, that holds the rear of the firing pin.  It has a hook on its bottom that retains the slide.  If you push this button in, you can remove the slide by lifting it up from the rear and then moving it forward off the barrel like the Walthers.

But be careful, the firing pin is springloaded and has a distinct tendency to launch itself right into your eye.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Just go shoot it some more and it will "remove the slide" all by itself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top