BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I don’t carry my G19 I carry a P365.
View Quote

Should look at getting the P365XL. Carries the same amount. Or get a few 15 round mags for your regular P365. I love my G19s. But, what a difference in carrying the P365?P365XL.

I own page two.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I’ve shot them and they are nice. I just prefer the G19 as a primary carry gun.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Still carry my Walther PPS M2 whenever I need something light and more concealable. Never really been interested in the P365.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#4]
the shield i've carried for the last 8 years hasn't  seen the light of day since i picked up the xl. it is better in every way!
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I never owned a Sig and I’ve been shooting for 20 years. I like single action too. None of their offerings appealed to me.

I like the 365 so much I started looking at 320s :-/
View Quote

I quit carrying a Sig when I had a hammer return spring break on a P220 and it went single action only on me and I wanted another bullet to come out in double-action mode.
I did a tap-rack-bang malfunction correction and it went back to tap-rack-click a second time.
Tore it apart and looked at the spring and said "eff this entire product family."

Switched to Glock.

The 365 has attracted me back to Sig however as I'm sure they've improved their engineering considerably.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yup, great gun. Carrying it for the last week or two, like today.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126943/1C50D8C4-82EC-4838-9F0C-46F8714A580B-1743024.jpg
View Quote

I thought yall were jacking with the "90" "two" [92(a1)] designation before you posted that picture.  I haven't carried a Beretta since high school.  Damn, I'm an old man now.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I quit carrying a Sig when I had a hammer return spring break on a P220 and it went single action only on me and I wanted another bullet to come out in double-action mode.
I did a tap-rack-bang malfunction correction and it went back to tap-rack-click a second time.
Tore it apart and looked at the spring and said "eff this entire product family."

Switched to Glock.

The 365 has attracted me back to Sig however as I'm sure they've improved their engineering considerably.
View Quote

I was fucking a girl in high school and she farted. I didn’t swear off the whole gender
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yep.  Best there is for its size and im a glock guy
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Switched to Glock.

View Quote

So a Glock would magically keep working if a spring failed? At least it would still fire SAO after the failure and wasn’t a club.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:17:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes. Replaced my shield.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was fucking a girl in high school and she farted. I didn’t swear off the whole gender
View Quote

Almost spit my coffee out!

but yeah, that is the silly logic some around here have
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So a Glock would magically keep working if a spring failed? At least it would still fire SAO after the failure and wasn’t a club.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Switched to Glock.

I’ve had failures with glocks too, anything will break if you use it enough. Gen 2 glock 17. Probably 20,000 rounds thru it, lost count years ago I’ve owned it 20+ years and it’s my go to high round count range gun. Trigger return spring broke. Gun would still fire but I had to manually pull the trigger forward after every shot to reset it. The part cost $1 and took me 5 minutes to replace.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Pretty much all I carry anymore.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Switched to Glock.

No shit
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Once I got my hands on the 15 round Shield Arms mags, I haven't shot or carried my 365.  It's a fine gun, but I much prefer my 43X.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Local shop had an M17 yesterday, $669 -10% mil discount.  Is that a good price for one?

If it had been an M18 I'd have brought it home.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No shit
View Quote

@Holdemdown no, I checked. I was back there anyway
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Every. Single. Day.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#19]
laughs in hellcat.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Who makes the holster?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Who makes the holster?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Who makes the holster?

Mckinatec
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
laughs in hellcat.
View Quote

Ewwww
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I just started carrying the 365. Waited long enough to feel comfortable it’s debugged.

So far it’s been great. Put 300 rounds through it without a hitch. Wish I could do more but got to keep my Ammo fort stocked.

It’s a versatile little pistol. It’s only downside being it’s small grip. You could just switch to the XL frame if needed.

Carries easy in AIWB and OWB. Currently using a concealment express for IWB and High Noon Holster OWB.

It almost the same size as my PM9 and a lot easiest to disassemble than the PM9.

Carry rotation consisted of Shield 2.0, Glock 33, Glock 19 and P2KSK previously. I still see these guns being carried and thrown in the mix.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit

Lol
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Thats where all the mags went.  Damn man, what are you doing that you need that many?

I carry with the 10rd flush, two 12rd as spares, and one 15rd just cause.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thats where all the mags went.  Damn man, what are you doing that you need that many?

I carry with the 10rd flush, two 12rd as spares, and one 15rd just cause.
View Quote

Ideally you want 6 mags for carry rotation, plus a few range mags, plus a few spares. He’s got the right idea. I’ve got 20 12rd mags, 20 15rd mags, and 10 10rd mags across 4 P365’s and I wish I had more given the likelihood of a ban.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I love my P365. I sold my G43 once I saw the P365 for the extra magazine capacity. I carry the extended 10-round mag and keep the low-profile 10-round mag for reloads. Was considering a couple of 12-round magazines to add into the rotation but I haven't done that yet.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:28:57 AM EDT
[#28]
I’m not a Sig fan by any stretch but I’ve put in some trigger time with the P365 family enough to really like them. Shot a better time with it over my G43 consistently too. I impulse bought one Saturday after seeing the coyote NRA edition which luckily doesn’t say NRA anywhere on the gun.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I’m not a Sig fan by any stretch but I’ve put in some trigger time with the P365 family enough to really like them. Shot a better time with it over my G43 consistently too. I impulse bought one Saturday after seeing the coyote NRA edition which luckily doesn’t say NRA anywhere on the gun.
View Quote

Just don’t look at the serial number.....
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I convinced myself that was an accidental random collection of numbers
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have both versions of the NRA and this doesn't bother me. If it had some atrocious engraving on the slide or something then that would be a deal breaker. Not that I dislike NRA, but it would just be ugly.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Oh, don’t get me wrong. I am a fan of the coyote as well.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:40:26 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll be forthright: I'm not a SIG USA fan. That said, after one sighter at ten yards, I put the rest of that mag and another twelve rounder on my IDPA steel plates at 140 yards with the P365. Wasn't even a challenge.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#34]
The better question is, "who isn't carrying a P365"?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Oh, don’t get me wrong. I am a fan of the coyote as well.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/503939/E71F9173-877F-4D2B-BD1A-53C9A80AE9E5_jpe-1776584.JPG
View Quote

where you find the fde 365?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:21:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is a NRA edition available in both P365 and P365xl.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:10:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

My LGS happened to get two in. If not for randomly walking in as it was being put out i probably wouldn’t have gotten it. I still feel dirty being a Sig hater but I’m consistently shooting a faster time with it vs my G43 with Taran extended baseplate. Got some 15rd mags in Saturday i ordered since the gunstore didn’t have any in coyote. I may even try to compete with it at the local match out of a amusement. Gotta see if it enjoys eating my cheapass powder coated lead boolits.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#38]
I like FDE so I bought the module and replaced the black one.  

$39

Patrick

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#39]
I carry an M&P Shield 9mm everyday, but if for some reason I decided to replace it, I'm sure the 365 or 365XL would be the gun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I carry an M&P Shield 9mm everyday, but if for some reason I decided to replace it, I'm sure the 365 or 365XL would be the gun.
View Quote

I carry a Shield just about everyday as well, but picked up a 365XL to use for work.  We carry full size 320’s and a lot of guys went to 365’s for backup/off-duty guns. I chose the XL because I have plans to put a red dot on it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I carry a Shield just about everyday as well, but picked up a 365XL to use for work.  We carry full size 320’s and a lot of guys went to 365’s for backup/off-duty guns. I chose the XL because I have plans to put a red dot on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was shocked to learn that the grip length of the 365XL is damn near the same as the Shield. I just had the assumption that the XL was larger in the grip than the Shield.

Makes the XL that much more appealing, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I was shocked to learn that the grip length of the 365XL is damn near the same as the Shield. I just had the assumption that the XL was larger in the grip than the Shield.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Shield is a great gun. Used to carry mine. The P365 I thought was better, especially being able to carry 10, 12 and 15. The XL is a fantastic carry gun. 12 round mag in the gun with a 15 round reload and a red dot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
When I don't carry my G19 I carry a P365.
View Quote
Is there that much of a difference? Last year I went to look at a 365 ended up walking out with a  gen 5 G19 MOS.  It seems just fine.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is there that much of a difference? Last year I went to look at a 365 ended up walking out with a  gen 5 G19 MOS.  It seems just fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I don't carry my G19 I carry a P365.

I like g19 but can pocket carry 365
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The gun store I bought the 365 at has all the pistols on racks on the wall so you can hold them and compare. I put the 365 and Shield next to each other and when I saw the XL was the same size, I knew I should buy it. Plus I like the trigger and sights as well
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The Shield is a great gun. Used to carry mine. The P365 I thought was better, especially being able to carry 10, 12 and 15. The XL is a fantastic carry gun. 12 round mag in the gun with a 15 round reload and a red dot.
View Quote

I was dumbfounded that the 365 was the same length as a shield and actually thinner than a 1911 with thin grips. And carries more rounds than either. I carried either a shield or 1911 for the better part of 5 years but sold the shield to get the XL.

I'm not a luddite but I'm not quick to jump on trends. But honestly if I had to keep just one pistol to do all the things I want a pistol to do, it would be a 365xl with small grip and dot. I wish there was a quick attach light that didn't require a tool. I don't like to carry with a light but do like them for HD
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#47]
My P365 is in a carry rotation with a P290RS 9mm and a couple others depending on my perception of need/use. For years I carried a Keltec PF9, but sold it off after getting the P365. Typically I prefer hammer fired to striker fired, but the P290RS fills that niche even better than the PF9 did.

As another poster mentioned the Sig P365 Co2 air pistol is a fun and cheap way to get in some extra gun handling and trigger time in with a near identical feeling pistol. I made a couple vids on that sometime back. This one I'm sharing was just after my artificial disc replacement surgery I had in my neck late last year. I gripe a bit about thumb and finger nerve damage a bit as I typically share a bit about what's happening with me at the time I make the vids.  

https://youtu.be/EW7YFcimgOM
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Currently carrying a P365XL waiting on my son at the Orthodontist office.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#49]
I just came back to the P365. I have been carrying Glock exclusively for a while. I really, really like Glock. The 43X with S15 set-up is a great unit.

I just picked up a P365 and an M18 this week. It’s probably in my head, but something about the P365 seems better made than the one I had a couple of years back. Action feels  tougher or tighter - not sure how to describe it - and it has a box sticker of Oct 2020 so just a few months old. The M18 has a Dec 2020 sticker so that one is very recent. It seems very well put together.

Sig has really turned it around.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wish there was a quick attach light that didn't require a tool. I don't like to carry with a light but do like them for HD
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I wish there was a quick attach light that didn't require a tool. I don't like to carry with a light but do like them for HD

Looks like its your lucky day... Streamlight TLR-7 Sub

The TLR-7 sub uses a clamp system that is designed to fit railed subcompact handguns. It needs no tools to quickly attach or detach, without the need to put your hand in front of the muzzle.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top