User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My buddy recently got a job at one of the major ammo manufacturers that produces ammo for both civilian and military.

They have an entire laboratory dedicated JUST to making gel blocks (organic). Climate controlled and everything.

If they don't shoot the ammo through organic gel they use....water. I'm not privilege to the details of course, but just plain ole water is used for ballistics testing to supplement real organic gel in a production setting.
View Quote
Can I come work for them :D
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You DO realize this ISN’T GD?

This is a TECH FORUM.

This is getting way off topic and being I believe Jay Wolf is a member and it could be considered a personal attack, reported in the Moderators Forum!
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:58:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

As usual, you can’t get a grasp of reality. If you could simply READ you’d realize that I posted BEFORE you did.

You need a 24 hr “time out”.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:07:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Look you two.  Can you just kiss and make up so we can get on w/ talking about the wonders of small caliber high velocity projectiles?

You're both good dudes, just let it go.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
let it go.
View Quote
Let It Go - from Frozen (metal cover by Leo Moracchioli)
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#6]
ROFL!!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Had a gentleman donate a partial box of some old (no longer made unfortunately) moly coated 30gr sierra's.

L-R: 30gr sierra, 33gr speer jhp, 34 dogtown fbhp, 40gr sierra sp

They should be fun to play with. QL is predicting mid 2400's with them
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's the latest lineup. Backbencher donated some 30gr jhp and v-maxes for testing

Man that 30gr V-max just looks too cool! Dug the 40gr armscor jhp and 45gr xtp's out to round out the bunch.

So i'm thinking that 30gr v-max is the sweet spot. length is almost perfect for this guy weight is balanced for screaming speed 2270 ft/sec estimated velocity for a 4" and 2450 for the 5.2"(with a very surprising 400 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle! that's 9mm +p territory and if one were to want to I don't know do something silly like a 7.5" AR build it shows 2700 ft/sec and 485 ft/lbs of energy. then that ahem 16" folding carbine shows 3100 ft/sec 641 ft/lbs......all hypothetically speaking based off a computer model....but time will tell

Oh and for those who may be curious the 2 different 22 Mag loads I pulled down had 7.4gr of the finest ball powder i've ever seen! almost half tempted to shove it in a case and try it lol.

Oh yeah!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top