Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2017 4:27:55 PM EDT
I’m not what you would call an early adopter.  I shoot a Beretta 92g in competition, and like my Gen 2 Glock 17, and HK USP Tactical.  I even enjoy a 1911.

I’ve been watching the emergence of the red dot sighted pistol for a while.  Although they have been around for a few year in competition, they seem to have really gained traction for self defense use as of late.

Enough people who I respect have endorsed the concept that I decided to get over my myself and give it a try.

Since I was trying a new thing, I also decided to try a different pistol.  I have been a detractor of the Sig P320 series of pistols since their introduction.  Basically I thought that there was no way it could be as good as my beloved Glock or HK USP.

But in researching an easy way to get into a red dot pistol, the P320 X-Five emerged.  The slide is pre-cut for a red dot, and the pistol had other characteristics that would make for a great gun to use in 3gun.

This morning I mounted up the Sig Red Dot to the slide.  It was an easy 10 minute job.  Then headed to the range.  

I was able to sight in the red dot after 15 rounds and proceeded to put the pistol through its paces.  I enjoyed the hell out of it.  I thought it wasn’t as precise as a nice set of sights, however I found the red dot to be much faster on follow up shots.

Shooting back to back with my 92G Elite, I was shocked at how much faster I could follow up with the P320.  

So, it is certainly early in the evaluation process, but I have to say that I’m very glad I decided to try something new.  I can also say the P320 X-Five is one kick ass pistol.  Love the trigger, grip, mag well, and especially the ease of installing the red dot.

If you were like me and skeptical of this new red dot trend, I would encourage you to try one, you just might like it.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking at that exact same set up for 3 gun.

Will probably go for a Vortex Razor red dot though.

Range report?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm looking at that exact same set up for 3 gun.

Will probably go for a Vortex Razor red dot though.

Range report?
View Quote
The sig cut is proprietary to the Romeo-1 optic.  You will need an adapter plate to attach any other optic.

http://shop.springerprecision.com/category.sc?categoryId=89
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]
No problems acquiring the dot?

You run any Bill Drills?

Never shot a red dot but the way my eyes are going I may have to some day.

Unfortunately Carry Optics and Open are gay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top