User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
#17 fires when dropped

So the $10 easy to install maritime cups, that aren't really needed is to much but sending the gun back after waiting months for a shipping label to fix a gun that shoots people when dropped is a "feature".

View Quote
All those nifty features and they couldn't even make it drop safe. It's blowing the others away all right.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
How the fuck did a CZ P10 thread turn into (another) Blain sig thread?
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
OP HERE:

Based on a lot of responses here, I'm beginning to wonder if everyone understands how to test a trigger on a combat/defensive pistol.

THE WAY TO TEST THE TRIGGER ON A DEFENSIVE/COMBAT PISTOL (Or any pistol really):

Step 1 - Put your finger on the trigger and take the slack out of the trigger. Pause here, this is the point before the trigger breaks and fires the gun.
Step 2 - Pull the trigger so it breaks and fires the gun.
Step 3 - After firing the round, let the trigger come forward until it resets...STOP...DO NOT LET THE TRIGGER GO ANY FURTHER FORWARD PAST THE REST POINT (unless you are done and not firing another round).
Step 4 - REPEAT Steps 2 through 3
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#4]
There is more to a trigger than just pull weight and reset.  

Plastic triggers suck, dinguses and other weird fuckery on the trigger suck.  Triggers that pinch your finger when you use them suck.  The CZ P10 has all of these issues.  The P320 trigger has none of those issues, plus the shortest take up out of all of them, and very crisp break and short reset.  It simply blows all the other striker fired pistol's triggers away and is in a class all its own.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Plastic triggers suck, dinguses and other weird fuckery on the trigger suck.  Triggers that pinch your finger when you use them suck.  The CZ P10 has all of these issues.  The P320 trigger has none of those issues, plus the shortest take up out of all of them, and very crisp break and short reset.  It simply blows all the other striker fired pistol's triggers away and is in a class all its own.
View Quote
That is so weird of all the different triggers that kind of stuff has never affected me.  I have all kinds of different pistols none bitch, the dingus does not bother me, plastic triggers work just fine, no pinching, and I do not focus on the rudimentary stuff.  I focus on being a proficient shooter with whatever implement makes it into my hand.   Hate to break it to you it is in the same class as every other striker fired pistol you just cannot get over needing the validation that your choice was best choice when in fact almost all the modern handguns are good choices.  I hear it and see it all the time people touting how awesome their choice of brand X gun is and how much better it is than brands Y and Z.  Get over yourself and stop being a gun snob.  The P320 does not do anything any more special than any other handgun on the market today.  The only thing it does have is you can swap the frame and slide but to be honest that is pointless to me I would rather have 4 different pistol than 1 frame insert and several different frames and slides.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
If the P320 had a dingus, it wouldn't go off when you drop it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the purpose of the Glock trigger safety to ensure it's drop safe?  I thought it was for something else.  I mean doesn't it have a firing pin block like most other autos?  I would think that would be the safety that makes it more drops safe.  

The trigger safety annoys me too.  But I'm not saying that to promote the 320.  I don't know anything about the 320.  I thought this thread was about the CZ.    On the 19 I had, that trigger safety would sometimes get caught when I was inserting my trigger finger.  And like any side pressure to it and it would hang up and not allow you to press the trigger.  Especially if the gun was pointed in a downward direction.  It was pretty dumb.  I don't think that's normal and I probably should've just replaced it.  Instead I took an exacto knife and modified it so it wouldn't hang up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is the purpose of the Glock trigger safety to ensure it's drop safe?  I thought it was for something else.  I mean doesn't it have a firing pin block like most other autos?  I would think that would be the safety that makes it more drops safe.  

The trigger safety annoys me too.  But I'm not saying that to promote the 320.  I don't know anything about the 320.  I thought this thread was about the CZ.    On the 19 I had, that trigger safety would sometimes get caught when I was inserting my trigger finger.  And like any side pressure to it and it would hang up and not allow you to press the trigger.  Especially if the gun was pointed in a downward direction.  It was pretty dumb.  I don't think that's normal and I probably should've just replaced it.  Instead I took an exacto knife and modified it so it wouldn't hang up.
View Quote
As the P320 demonstrated so well, the trigger can continue to move to the rear when the gun is dropped on the rear of the slide. If I'm not mistaken, Sig offers a tabbed trigger for the P320, but you have to request it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#9]
The tabbed trigger keeps the trigger from moving back due to inertia when dropped.  The firing pin block gets deactivated by the trigger in that case.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 1:32:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That is so weird of all the different triggers that kind of stuff has never affected me.  I have all kinds of different pistols none bitch, the dingus does not bother me, plastic triggers work just fine, no pinching, and I do not focus on the rudimentary stuff.  I focus on being a proficient shooter with whatever implement makes it into my hand.   Hate to break it to you it is in the same class as every other striker fired pistol you just cannot get over needing the validation that your choice was best choice when in fact almost all the modern handguns are good choices.  I hear it and see it all the time people touting how awesome their choice of brand X gun is and how much better it is than brands Y and Z.  Get over yourself and stop being a gun snob.  The P320 does not do anything any more special than any other handgun on the market today.  The only thing it does have is you can swap the frame and slide but to be honest that is pointless to me I would rather have 4 different pistol than 1 frame insert and several different frames and slides.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Real shooters who practice a lot don't need a ultra light trigger pull and a super short reset either.  That stuff doesn't effect them, so why talk of trigger at all then?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 1:53:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The tabbed trigger keeps the trigger from moving back due to inertia when dropped.  The firing pin block gets deactivated by the trigger in that case.
View Quote
Ah.  I guess I was wrong.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 2:50:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Real shooters who practice a lot don't need a ultra light trigger pull and a super short reset either.  That stuff doesn't effect them, so why talk of trigger at all then?
View Quote
Not sure if serious... you are talking about triggers this is a discussion forum so since you are talking triggers that kind of becomes topic.  

“Real shooters” what does that even mean... mil, comp guys, plinkers, leo, or what? All are real shooters.  You are, I am, and most on the site are real shooters.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not sure if serious... you are talking about triggers this is a discussion forum so since you are talking triggers that kind of becomes topic.  

“Real shooters” what does that even mean... mil, comp guys, plinkers, leo, or what? All are real shooters.  You are, I am, and most on the site are real shooters.
View Quote
lol I think he means advanced shooters. I think the average shooter will notice an improvement in groups when using a good trigger.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#14]
How many USPSA GMs are using 5 pound triggers?   I think you'd have a hard time finding more than a handful.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

lol I think he means advanced shooters. I think the average shooter will notice an improvement in groups when using a good trigger.
View Quote
I disagree with that.  I don't consider myself a good shooter.  I'm better than a lot of people I know, but not nearly as good as some others.  A lighter trigger most definitely shrinks my groups down.   I think the people that wont notice much of a difference are good shooters.  Because part of being a good shooter is manipulating the trigger.  

In the end, I think everyone shoots better with better triggers.  That's just my opinion and experience.  But having said that, I don't think super light triggers are a good idea on defensive guns.  between 5 and 8 is probably ideal.   IMHO.  Maybe 7 should be top end.  But my 442 is 12 pounds+, so......
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I want to hear more about the CZ P10, and less about the Sig in this thread
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Anybody have a G19 and a P10 to do a side by side size comparison?  In pictures?  Maybe it's on da youtube....

couple of them here
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So why is that your go to argument on why the the 320 is so great?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I want to hear more about the CZ P10, and less about the Sig in this thread
View Quote
I just wanna find one!  In FDE that is.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You people.....I was obviously sarcastically mocking his post that he tried to use to refute my argument of how great the P320's trigger is......
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You people.....I was obviously sarcastically mocking his post that he tried to use to refute my argument of how great the P320's trigger is......
View Quote
But this thread says the CZ P-10C's trigger is better.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#22]
And I explained how it isn't.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm not liking that the frame is longer than the G19 on the P10.  Or the 320 for that matter.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
But this thread says the CZ P-10C's trigger is better.
View Quote
He is doing what a lot do on here validating his choice was better than anyone else you uses something different.  What some on here do not seem to understand is the differences are so insignificant that so long as you choose a quality pistol the differences mean nothing. OP believes his choice is king which is great that means he is happy with his choice same with Blaine he believes the P320 is the best choice and validates his decision by taunting how awesome it is.  When in reality it means jack shit because they all do exactly the same thing no better or worse.  If you own an HK, Glock, Sig, CZ, etc and whatever model if you are happy with it and can hit a target with reasonable accuracy you are no better than the next guy.  Instead of focusing on the brand and model focus on things that matter....  being able to get rounds on a target in a reasonably accurate timely manner.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
And I explained how it isn't.
View Quote
You didn't explain anything. You gave your opinion which many don't share. Post some pics like the OP did. Show us how great that P320 is. I'll share one of my Gen 4 Glock 17 with the awful stock trigger. The horror.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Since this thread is supposed to be about the P10C, I'll talk about my experience with it.  I picked one up a couple of months back and fell for it pretty quickly.  It was accurate, reliable, and the trigger/ergonomics felt so much better to me than my G19.  It also shot flatter, so I felt more accurate and faster than I did with my Glock.  At this point, you've probably noticed the past tense being used when talking about my CZ.  I still have it, actually.  It just doesn't work.  At about 2,500 rounds, the firing pin sheared off.  It just disappeared.  That would have been annoying had it happened in the middle of a range session, but it happened during dry fire practice between range sessions.  So it wasn't until the following practice that I realized that I'd been carrying a literal paperweight for several days.  I was furious and switched back to the G19 immediately.  The paranoia kicked in and I preemptively installed a new firing pin assembly in my Glock, even though it had done 13,000 rounds with no problem.  I haven't called CZ yet, but I may sell this thing as soon as it's fixed, because there's no way I can trust it after that.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Since this thread is supposed to be about the P10C, I'll talk about my experience with it.  I picked one up a couple of months back and fell for it pretty quickly.  It was accurate, reliable, and the trigger/ergonomics felt so much better to me than my G19.  It also shot flatter, so I felt more accurate and faster than I did with my Glock.  At this point, you've probably noticed the past tense being used when talking about my CZ.  I still have it, actually.  It just doesn't work.  At about 2,500 rounds, the firing pin sheared off.  It just disappeared.  That would have been annoying had it happened in the middle of a range session, but it happened during dry fire practice between range sessions.  So it wasn't until the following practice that I realized that I'd been carrying a literal paperweight for several days.  I was furious and switched back to the G19 immediately.  The paranoia kicked in and I preemptively installed a new firing pin assembly in my Glock, even though it had done 13,000 rounds with no problem.  I haven't called CZ yet, but I may sell this thing as soon as it's fixed, because there's no way I can trust it after that.  

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4495/37506907006_9f0d443dd9_z.jpg
View Quote
That can happen to Glocks and any other pistol brand.  Seems a bit premature but you could have got a fluke out of every 20K.  It happens and I had it happen on a brand new 1911 firing pin after a box of ammo.  Called Ed Brown then sent me a new one never been a problem since.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4495/37506907006_9f0d443dd9_z.jpg
View Quote
That really can happen to any type of gun.

I broke a recoil spring after a range session once. Loaded up, reholstered and carried it. Thankfully i also shot a couple hours later and found out. That was unnerving.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Got to shoot one awhile back. Trigger safety pinched my finger, to the point I was done after a couple mags. Mag release was also way too stiff. These are apparently common issues.

CZ needs to fix those things for it to compete.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Got to shoot one awhile back. Trigger safety pinched my finger, to the point I was done after a couple mags. Mag release was also way too stiff. These are apparently common issues.

CZ needs to fix those things for it to compete.
View Quote
Teething issues I would imagine you might start seeing revised parts on new models and parts upgrades on first releases.  Just about every firearm in history sees this.  Everything works great on small sample sizes during testing but in mass production you can identify the upgrades needed.  Glock has had this happen with RSA, mag follower, extractors, ejectors, and etc etc.  no company is immune in reality.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Teething issues I would imagine you might start seeing revised parts on new models and parts upgrades on first releases.  Just about every firearm in history sees this.  Everything works great on small sample sizes during testing but in mass production you can identify the upgrades needed.  Glock has had this happen with RSA, mag follower, extractors, ejectors, and etc etc.  no company is immune in reality.
View Quote
And that's why I don't run out and buy the latest and greatest. No matter how tempting.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
And that's why I don't run out and buy the latest and greatest. No matter how tempting.
View Quote
I waited several years for a Gen4 Glock and low and behold they had RSA issues.  It happens when you have small testing sizes and small ammo testing lots.  Then the handgun gets put into mass production and gets fed all kinds off odd ball ammo, treated way different than just the testing environment, and faces things the designers cannot anticipate.  This is why the upgrade parts with different revisions.  You would be surprised at software development how much it changes from first release to each version.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 3:35:52 AM EDT
[#33]
i like it but not enough to switch from a g19.

pretty much every modern polymer 9mm similar in size to the g19 has been really nice but nothing that makes me really want to switch.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#34]
After reading all three pages Im still going to have to get hands on both the CZ p10c and M&P 2.0C.  I cant wait to replace my glock (which Ive been using for the past 8 years).
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
After reading all three pages Im still going to have to get hands on both the CZ p10c and M&P 2.0C.  I cant wait to replace my glock (which Ive been using for the past 8 years).
View Quote
I made the mistake of buying a p07 a few days after my m2.0c and I am really liking both. Its really a toss up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Well the king has been back at CZ for the last month!!!! Only took 50 rounds for malfunction!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#37]
All hail the king... https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/P10-C-That-s-Not-Good/37-178699/
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
All hail the king... https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/P10-C-That-s-Not-Good/37-178699/
View Quote
But dat trigger, yo.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
But dat trigger, yo.
View Quote
you know I have to admit the trigger is really nice, however I did not notice the niceness of it while firing it.  I did the first 15 rounds but honestly after 50 rounds I did not if that makes any sense.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Never buy a new pistol designed until all the bugs gets worked out. P-10 is no exception to the rules.

Very damning video on the reliability of the p-10.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W1jZiqTad3I
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Never buy a new pistol designed until all the bugs gets worked out. P-10 is no exception to the rules.

Very damning video on the reliability of the p-10.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W1jZiqTad3I
View Quote
I really wish they would quit testing guns that have been completely torn apart and cerakoted.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I really wish they would quit testing guns that have been completely torn apart and cerakoted.
View Quote
Especially ones that don't appear to have a mag in them at 1:45 mark when the slide doesn't go into battery.  The shelf on the bottom of the back strap on mine doesn't hang down past the magazine like it looks in the video at the time of the malfunction on the range?  Does a round come out on the tap rack?  I can't tell.  David
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#43]
His problem have been experienced by other cz p-10 shooters as he stated on the video. It is common knowledge on cz boards.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Especially ones that don't appear to have a mag in them at 1:45 mark when the slide doesn't go into battery.  The shelf on the bottom of the back strap on mine doesn't hang down past the magazine like it looks in the video at the time of the malfunction on the range?  Does a round come out on the tap rack?  I can't tell.  David
View Quote
The firing pin is rotating and preventing the slide from going forward. Whether or not he has a mag in the gun has nothing to do with what he is demonstrating.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The firing pin is rotating and preventing the slide from going forward. Whether or not he has a mag in the gun has nothing to do with what he is demonstrating.
View Quote
Yes when sitting at the table riding the slide forward. The next section on the range makes it look like the shooter is loading up preparing to fire and the slide hangs up.  It sure looks to me like no mag is in the gun.  I can't tell exactly but I don't see a round eject on the tap rack. Once the slide is locked to the rear and the shooter appears to hold his hand like he is catching a round every cycle after that goes into battery like it should.  I wasn't there and my P10C works great but I'm not seeing a fatal flaw.  

You know, I can make any AR15 not go into battery everytime I want to. That doesn't mean there is a fatal flaw.  David
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes when sitting at the table riding the slide forward. The next section on the range makes it look like the shooter is loading up preparing to fire and the slide hangs up.  It sure looks to me like no mag is in the gun.  I can't tell exactly but I don't see a round eject on the tap rack. Once the slide is locked to the rear and the shooter appears to hold his hand like he is catching a round every cycle after that goes into battery like it should.  I wasn't there and my P10C works great but I'm not seeing a fatal flaw.  

You know, I can make any AR15 not go into battery everytime I want to. That doesn't mean there is a fatal flaw.  David
View Quote
In the range footage at 1:47, he drops the slide using the slide release/slide stop. There is no mag in the gun. The slide fails to go into battery. He then inserts a mag, chambers a round, and ejects the round into his hand after the slide fails to go into battery again. It's not a conspiracy. It's a problem he's experiencing with the gun. 

Here's the link from above regarding the broken locking block.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/P10-C-That-s-Not-Good/37-178699/
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No they are not. I realize you just got the M&P 2.0 and are really excited about it but it is "meh" I was excited too when I bought my 2.0 5" for a bout a day. Then I realized it doesn't do anything the Glock does. The Glock killer was the Sig P320 until all that drama. The Glock and Sig P320 were the only guns to pass the MHS trials. That means as some point during testing the 2.0 and the P10C shit the bed and were DQed. I think it speaks volumes as to the success and the performance of the Glock 19 that all these new guns keep getting compared to how well they performe. Simply put the Glock 19 is the benchmark of excellence, all the others are just trying to get there.
View Quote
Fanboi alert!!!  

The glock has been surpassed in these recent years while the glock remains the same as the 1980's versions for the most part. The others has made better ergonomics and triggers and even better accuracy possible in the polymer framed pistols.

glock has been surpassed and is falling behind.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

glock has been surpassed and is falling behind.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thank you! Ill be here till Tuesday. Try the Veal!

Sorry but the glock isn't the gun it once was, and it never was ergonomic.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thank you! Ill be here till Tuesday. Try the Veal!

Sorry but the glock isn't the gun it once was, and it never was ergonomic.
View Quote
Until there is a major change in firearms technology, everything else is just a flavor of the week. The PPQ and VP9 have already dropped off the map. The FN 509 was never on the map. The P320 has been out since 2014 and everybody thinks it's a new gun. Now the P-10C and M&P 2.0 are taking their shot. There's nothing wrong with any of these guns, but they don't do anything significantly better than a Glock. The sales figures will tell the true story, though.  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top