Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/21/2017 10:22:21 AM EDT
I have owned at least one Glock 19 for the last 20 years. I currently have 5 Glock 19's ranging from stock to very custom. I have been practicing and training with Glock 19s for many years. Every time a new striker fired compact pistol comes out, I give it a try to see if I am missing anything. In the last two years I have tried the Sig P320, Walther PPQ, HK VP9, FN 509 etc. They were all nice enough in their own right, but none of them got me feeling like I was missing something. With the exception of the Walther & HK triggers, overall I never felt any of these guns were significantly better than the Glock. I tried them and life went on as usual.

About 8 months ago I started to hear a lot of fuss about the CZ P-10C, and how it was potentially a Glock killer. The new king of striker-fired pistols. Once the P-10's started trickling out, I could not find one to rent or try. Based on all I had read and seen about the P-10, I was curious enough to plunk down my $450 to give one a try.

I have spent the last two months with the Glock and P-10 side by side. I have put over 1500 rounds through my P-10. Which gun is on my hip today? The CZ P-10C. Why? Because it's better than the Glock 19. It is just is. Pretty much every group I shoot at 10 yards with the P-10 is one ragged hole. Why? The trigger, grip angle, and overall ergonomics of the P-10C are just that much better than the Glock 19. They just are. And it shows. I didn't want this to be the case, I have a a lot invested in my Glock 19's. Probably over $10K. But I'm not going to fool myself or pretend the Glock 19 is better. Because it just isn't. Even with all kinds of modification, and aftermarket triggers etc. It is still not as good as the standard factory P-10 C.

This is pretty much what every 10 yard group I shoot looks like. Fast, slow, it doesn't matter. The P-10 just points so well and the trigger is so perfect. If you use the trigger and reset properly, it behaves like a good Single Action 1911 trigger. It is that good. The P-10 also has less felt recoil than the G19. Which makes quick and accurate follow-up shots a breeze.

Here are some 10 and 20 round groups from yesterday.

From last week

Rapid Fire Groups from last week

I have dozens of other targets that look just like those. Bottom Line: I cannot think of any other compact 9mm handgun that shoots this well for me. I would have to work hard to NOT shoot this gun well. It feels like the sights are just sitting right on top of the webbing of my hand, and wherever I point my hand I am perfectly on target.

CZ definitely took everything that was learned in the 30 years of striker-fired pistol development and stuffed it into the P-10. I would be very surprised if anyone spent the amount of time I have with the Glock and the CZ, and came out on the other end choosing the Glock. I am not going to sell or throw away my Glock 19's. Well maybe a couple. But I am going to be focusing on the P-10C at the range and when doing classes going forward.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#1]
My brother bought one a few months ago and I finally got a chance to shoot his.  Amazing pistol.  I've shot many Glocks and none of them have had a trigger which could compare to the factory P10C.

It's on my short list for sure.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The p10c and m2.0c are going to give the g19 a run for its money.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Every time my lust-o-meter for a Glock 19 gets too high, I see a post about the CZ P10c and it gets reset.  If I had to choose, I'm still not sure which I would get.  Get both, as ARFCOM would say.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm one of the weirdos waiting for a "full-size" or 5 inch to come out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm one of the weirdos waiting for a "full-size" or 5 inch to come out.
View Quote
What's the thinking there? Not for carry? Also I'm not entirely sure if they are making a full-size.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The p10c and m2.0c are going to give the g19 a run for their money.
View Quote
While the trigger is better on the 2.0 than the previous generation of M&Ps, it really doesn't compare to the P-10C's trigger. The way I see it currently, the P-10C is alone in the #1 slot, and there are a whole slew of other pistols in the #2 slot. If you factor in price, the P-10 is way ahead of the pack.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I hear the p-10c has tighter tollerances than Glock?

This makes it much more accurate?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I have two g19 one stock the other with minimal upgrades ( connector,magwell finger groves removed and trigger guard undercut)
  I also have the P-10,P-01 omega Vp-9 etc etc

P-10C if I could only keep one. If the P-01 was a bit lighter maybe it but the g19 days of being at the top are only for sales.
   With the p10c tge trigger gets all of the attention but it's more than that.  For me it naturally points perfectly.  I also find that my follow up shots are quicker and it's much more accurate in slow and rapid fire.
  I do not like the grip texture through.   Lucky that's a easy fix as I have no problem taking soldering iron  and sand paper to a new tool.   The texture is to rough for the way I conceal carry .

Glock is the Sthil chainsaw of the pistol world.  Bulky not that ergonomic and riding on their old reputation much more than what they now deserve.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Impatiently waiting on the subcompact version, P-10S
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What's the thinking there? Not for carry? Also I'm not entirely sure if they are making a full-size.
View Quote
They gave it a "C" designator. So I'm taking that as a sign.

Because I want one for things other than just concealed carry. Larger mag, longer sight radius etc..
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
They have full and subcompact variants in the works.
You can see the dimensions of these variants in the P10C manual.

Vid about it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8mvSVxRE_M&t=1s
CZ USA also commented on the video
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#12]
The problem I have with cz is their magazine. Cz magazine are Ultra expensive.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
 For CZ mags you can get Mec Gar for about 25 bucks for the other metal CZ mags.
Since these will be the same as the po7 I wouldn't worry a lot.
  They may even make the OEM ones.
They're fairly heavy duty and not cheap polymer like a Glock so you can expect it to be as cheap.
 I agree though paying $50 just isn't going to happen.  If this thing is as popular as it has the potential for they will come down
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have two g19 one stock the other with minimal upgrades ( connector,magwell finger groves removed and trigger guard undercut)
  I also have the P-10,P-01 omega Vp-9 etc etc

P-10C if I could only keep one. If the P-01 was a bit lighter maybe it but the g19 days of being at the top are only for sales.
   With the p10c tge trigger gets all of the attention but it's more than that.  For me it naturally points perfectly.  I also find that my follow up shots are quicker and it's much more accurate in slow and rapid fire.
  I do not like the grip texture through.   Lucky that's a easy fix as I have no problem taking soldering iron  and sand paper to a new tool.   The texture is to rough for the way I conceal carry .

Glock is the Sthil chainsaw of the pistol world.  Bulky not that ergonomic and riding on their old reputation much more than what they now deserve.  
View Quote
I actually mentioned all of those reason in my post as well; natural pointing, rapid and accurate follow up shots, etc.

I however, love the grip texturing. I have no issues with it whatsoever. I shot 300 rounds yesterday through it, and it was like any other gun. I really like me some grip on my carry guns.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
They are DEFINITELY making a full size.  Look in your manual.  Here is a snap of mine:
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They're fairly heavy duty and not cheap polymer like a Glock so you can expect it to be as cheap.
 I agree though paying $50 just isn't going to happen.  If this thing is as popular as it has the potential for they will come down
View Quote
I wouldn't ever call a Glock mag "cheap". Only in price compared to what CZ, HK and Sig charge...

A factory 17 mag will take a bigger ass kicking than about any other mag on the market for anything.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I love my PPQ. Honestly cannot find anything I would want to change or mod besides the sights. I have 1000 rounds through it so far. With that being said, I've felt complete when it comes to the polymer world and was interested in some of the 4" 1911 variants, Sig or REX. I still would like a FDE MP 5" 2.0 though also. Is the CZ that good? Should I reconsider my next purchase?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wouldn't ever call a Glock mag "cheap". Only in price compared to what CZ, HK and Sig charge...

A factory 17 mag will take a bigger ass kicking than about any other mag on the market for anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well after a house fire i had about 50 Glock mags that were useless and a couple dozen various metal mags that just needed steel wool .    I guess it's just prospective
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#19]
If things work out i'm going to shoot one of these this weekend along with the s&w 2.

I have to see for my self if the p10c is really earth shattering.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well after a house fire i had about 50 Glock mags that were useless and a couple dozen various metal mags that just needed steel wool .    I guess it's just prospective
View Quote
How did your polymer handguns fare in the house fire?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I need to get one.  If it is that good I'll buy another for the wife and slowly sell of the 19s, PPQ, VP9, Steyr, etc.  I'm ready to downsize. 
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:24:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Today I ordered 3 mags for my P-10C from Grab A Gun. $29.99 each. That is TOALLY reasonable for a magazine. Glock mags just happen to be unusually cheap.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
MSRP for the P-10 C Mags is $34.99. Street price is cheaper. I bought 3 today from Grab a gun for $29.99 each. I just went back and look and they are out of stock. Glad I ordered them today!
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly the mags were loose in the safe and all had some damage.  I only had a couple poly pistols inside and they were in individual cases and did fine.  
    The springs still had good resistance it really didn't get that hot inside.  I saved a few I'll take a pic if you like
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:17:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
No they are not. I realize you just got the M&P 2.0 and are really excited about it but it is "meh" I was excited too when I bought my 2.0 5" for a bout a day. Then I realized it doesn't do anything the Glock does. The Glock killer was the Sig P320 until all that drama. The Glock and Sig P320 were the only guns to pass the MHS trials. That means as some point during testing the 2.0 and the P10C shit the bed and were DQed. I think it speaks volumes as to the success and the performance of the Glock 19 that all these new guns keep getting compared to how well they performe. Simply put the Glock 19 is the benchmark of excellence, all the others are just trying to get there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:00:02 AM EDT
[#26]
That means as some point during testing the 2.0 and the P10C shit the bed and were DQed.
View Quote
The P-10C was not submitted to the MHS trials - it was still in development. CZ did submit a few examples from the P-09, which did not make it to the end. I have absolutely no idea if the P-10C would have beat the P320, but I'm willing to bet it would have given it a run for the money.

I think the 2.0 was also still in development when the MHS was announced, yes?

I agree the P-10C is a real winner of a sidearm, and when the US factory comes on line more and more CZ pistols will be available Stateside, possibly cheaper, who knows. As for Glock killer...I have carried the Glock 19 for 15 years professionally. I have qualified every year with it as Expert or Distinguished Expert. I do not like it, as the ergonomics simply do not fit me at all. This does not mean there is anything inherently wrong with the pistol - it is a reliable, durable accurate sidearm. However, the P-10C fits me far better. So, FOR ME, yes, I would choose the P-10C over a Glock 19 all day every day, and twice on Sunday. I also had a long time LE instructor and former service member who tried the P-10C next to his tuned Glock 17. He shot the P-10C as well as his highly customized Glock, and asked me to get him the LE pricing. As statistical samples go, a sample of two means nothing, but it is the direct personal experience I have at this moment.

Simply put the Glock 19 is the benchmark of excellence, all the others are just trying to get there.
View Quote
So why did it lose to the P320? Do you think the test was rigged? Not being snarky, just asking.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:06:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No they are not. I realize you just got the M&P 2.0 and are really excited about it but it is "meh" I was excited too when I bought my 2.0 5" for a bout a day. Then I realized it doesn't do anything the Glock does. The Glock killer was the Sig P320 until all that drama. The Glock and Sig P320 were the only guns to pass the MHS trials. That means as some point during testing the 2.0 and the P10C shit the bed and were DQed. I think it speaks volumes as to the success and the performance of the Glock 19 that all these new guns keep getting compared to how well they performe. Simply put the Glock 19 is the benchmark of excellence, all the others are just trying to get there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The problem with the 320c is that it isn't g19 sized. It's longer, taller, and wider.

I could care less about what the MHS trials found and I'm relying heavily on personal experience with M&Ps and Glocks. Both have been nearly 100% reliable for me. The difference comes down to the ergonomics and how well I shoot them. For me the m&p is a hands down winner over the Glock.

I went from owning a bunch of Glocks to owning five M&Ps and a p320c.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The P-10C was not submitted to the MHS trials - it was still in development. CZ did submit a few examples from the P-09, which did not make it to the end. I have absolutely no idea if the P-10C would have beat the P320, but I'm willing to bet it would have given it a run for the money.

I think the 2.0 was also still in development when the MHS was announced, yes?

I agree the P-10C is a real winner of a sidearm, and when the US factory comes on line more and more CZ pistols will be available Stateside, possibly cheaper, who knows. As for Glock killer...I have carried the Glock 19 for 15 years professionally. I have qualified every year with it as Expert or Distinguished Expert. I do not like it, as the ergonomics simply do not fit me at all. This does not mean there is anything inherently wrong with the pistol - it is a reliable, durable accurate sidearm. However, the P-10C fits me far better. So, FOR ME, yes, I would choose the P-10C over a Glock 19 all day every day, and twice on Sunday. I also had a long time LE instructor and former service member who tried the P-10C next to his tuned Glock 17. He shot the P-10C as well as his highly customized Glock, and asked me to get him the LE pricing. As statistical samples go, a sample of two means nothing, but it is the direct personal experience I have at this moment.

So why did it lose to the P320? Do you think the test was rigged? Not being snarky, just asking.
View Quote
I did not know that about the CZ. Thanks. As for the Glock loosing to the Sig, the Glock lost to the Sig in money. Sigs bid was better than Glocks. Both pistols did exceptional. Sig obviously learned it's lesson after loosing to Beretta over the M9 contact. Again both the P226 and Beretta 92 performed exceptional but it was Beretta who came out on top with a better bid.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The problem with the 320c is that it isn't g19 sized. It's longer, taller, and wider.

I could care less about what the MHS trials found and I'm relying heavily on personal experience with M&Ps and Glocks. Both have been nearly 100% reliable for me. The difference comes down to the ergonomics and how well I shoot them. For me the m&p is a hands down winner over the Glock.

I went from owning a bunch of Glocks to owning five M&Ps and a p320c.
View Quote
I will admit my 2.0 feels great in the hands, it is plenty accurate. The trigger isn't bad and though I haven't shot it much, it has been reliable. I guess the point I'm making is there is nothing special about either of these guns to make it a Glock killer. When the first M&P came out it was touted as a Glock killer and for awhile there it was looking good but per usual S&W dropped the ball. I expect them to do it again with the 2.0 at some point.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#30]
The fact that you call a handgun that has only been available a couple of months now the "king" of polymer striker-fired autos is laughable...

Everyone said the same thing about the HK VP9 when it was released, and now it only has a small cult following and can frequently be found on sale through various distributers.  The fact is, the P-10c is still in its infancy stage still fresh from the womb.  If I recall a member here had a thread about his being defective from the factory and had to be returned for repair/replacement.

Until the P-10c has filled the following criteria at minimum it is nothing more than a new market option, and is far from the "king" of anything...

• Been around for a while and established and proven and consistent track record of quality control and reliability.
  • Established a firm footing in the aftermarket world (holsters, sights, magazines, springs, barrels, triggers, etc.)
  • Becomes available in multiple variants. (full size, compact, sub-compact)

I would also add in a few more things the P-10 is still lacking to be the "king"

• Have specialty variants available like the current established manufacturers (long slide, RMR ready, pro-series, etc.)
  • Factory night sights as a option.
  • Receive agency contracts and establish a presence in the LE/MIL market.

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Interesting data point.

Torture Test of the CZ P10C 9mm
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Why do these threads always turn into penis measuring context or pissing contest?

Yeah the P10c is ANOTHER good handgun offered on the market.  No it will not be a killer of anything especially if CZ cannot start saturating the market I still have not be able to fingerbang one and my LGS does not have them on the shelf.  They do however have tons of Glocks, Sigs, HK, S&Ws, Rugers, and even Walthers but only a few CZs like the P-09\7.  Is it better than the Glock M&P HK maybe in some aspects, is it better all around maybe for certain individuals probably.  Honestly should anyone care NO because all the makers are still going to sell their pistols and people are still going to buy them.  At the end of the day who cares it is bad ass that CZ released a winner to the market and not a loser out the gate like their first striker pistol or like Remington with the RP9 abomination.  I do like that more and more makers are getting creative with new pistol offerings giving the civilian market pistols with the options we want.  Here is the kicker though the X (insert your favorite pistol that you call the king or killer of other pistols) will not help you win a gun fight any better than Y or Z, will not change how you will react when you go into a gun fight for the first time, and will not magically get you hits on your opponent any better than another pistol.  Only training, practice, and working on the mindset if the need arrises that requires you to defend yourself and your family that you have trained yourself well enough to react to the situation to win.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I guess it is okay to just make up anything you want here. The P-10 C was not even submitted because it didn't exist. Not clear what S&W submitted, or if they even submitted at all. But you can just make up whatever you want.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The fact that you call a handgun that has only been available a couple of months now the "king" of polymer striker-fired autos is laughable...

Everyone said the same thing about the HK VP9 when it was released, and now it only has a small cult following and can frequently be found on sale through various distributers.  The fact is, the P-10c is still in its infancy stage still fresh from the womb.  If I recall a member here had a thread about his being defective from the factory and had to be returned for repair/replacement.

Until the P-10c has filled the following criteria at minimum it is nothing more than a new market option, and is far from the "king" of anything...

• Been around for a while and established and proven and consistent track record of quality control and reliability.
  • Established a firm footing in the aftermarket world (holsters, sights, magazines, springs, barrels, triggers, etc.)
  • Becomes available in multiple variants. (full size, compact, sub-compact)

I would also add in a few more things the P-10 is still lacking to be the "king"

• Have specialty variants available like the current established manufacturers (long slide, RMR ready, pro-series, etc.)
  • Factory night sights as a option.
  • Receive agency contracts and establish a presence in the LE/MIL market.

Just my $.02
View Quote
By KING or as some are saying here KILLER, I simply meant that out of the box the CZ has taken a serious look at the developments in the striker-fired pistol market over the last 30 years and made a pistol that improves upon all that came before. And the improvements are clear and noticeable. To me there is no question that the P-10 has a MUCH MUCH better trigger than the G19. The grip angle of the G19 is an issue for many shooters. The G19 does NOT point naturally for most. The P-10 points like it is part of your body. Anyone who has the least bit of eye and hand coordination will see tremendous benefits from the natural point P-10.

While the P320, PPQ, VP9, FN509, M&P 2.0 are all good guns in their own right, and some have a better trigger than the G19, and all point better for me, the P-10 has the BEST trigger and is the most natural pointing of the bunch. Hence KING.

Will it be durable and reliable. CZ is synonymous with durability and reliability. The P-10 also has a beefier slide and locking block then the G19. I have confident it will prove to be as reliable and durable as the G19. Will it ever achieve the sales of Glock, especially in LEO/MIL circles? No way. But I don't think that is a sign of what is best, often price is the deciding factor for LEO/MIL purchasing.

I simply meant KING = BEST. Not most LEO sales etc.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#35]
I, also, prefer the P10 over the G19.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

By KING or as some are saying here KILLER, I simply meant that out of the box the CZ has taken a serious look at the developments in the striker-fired pistol market over the last 30 years and made a pistol that improves upon all that came before. And the improvements are clear and noticeable. To me there is no question that the P-10 has a MUCH MUCH better trigger than the G19. The grip angle of the G19 is an issue for many shooters. The G19 does NOT point naturally for most. The P-10 points like it is part of your body. Anyone who has the least bit of eye and hand coordination will see tremendous benefits from the natural point P-10.

While the P320, PPQ, VP9, FN509, M&P 2.0 are all good guns in their own right, and some have a better trigger than the G19, and all point better for me, the P-10 has the BEST trigger and is the most natural pointing of the bunch. Hence KING.

Will it be durable and reliable. CZ is synonymous with durability and reliability. The P-10 also has a beefier slide and locking block then the G19. I have confident it will prove to be as reliable and durable as the G19. Will it ever achieve the sales of Glock, especially in LEO/MIL circles? No way. But I don't think that is a sign of what is best, often price is the deciding factor for LEO/MIL purchasing.

I simply meant KING = BEST. Not most LEO sales etc.
View Quote
You are focusing on the wrong thing ... King is the pistol no matter the maker that gets you out of the tight spot when you need it most.  A Hi-Point could be a king if it wins you the gun fight but lets be honest here the pistol is NOT going to win you a gun fight YOU are.  The P10 does nothing any different than any other pistol ... it lobs out little copper coated candies and pokes holes in stuff that is it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm not trying to say anything is going to replace Glock but having more options in the g19 size is certainly going to affect g19 sales.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Based on the criteria of trigger and grip angle, the 1911 was king 100 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I guess it is okay to just make up anything you want here. The P-10 C was not even submitted because it didn't exist. Not clear what S&W submitted, or if they even submitted at all. But you can just make up whatever you want.
View Quote
Kinda like you and your royal pistol?

Nah, I made a mistake about the P10 in the MHS. CZ didn't enter. They were going to enter the P07 and P09.

As for S&W.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/smith-wesson-gets-axed-from-mhs-trials/

Either way like the other posters have pointed out the CZ isn't going to be the king of anything unless CZ seriously starts producing them in numbers.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#40]
I think production of the P-10C will continue to ramp up. This thing is still very much in it's infancy. Having a robust supply of guns to the market is obviously extremely important, but I don't know that CZ is capable (right now) of matching the pace or quantity of guns of other manufacturers in this space. Either they will meet what seems to be growing demand or the product will always be one that never seems to be in stock (and will likely lose sales as people get impatient and buy something else).

An important aspect of all of this will be the support from the aftermarket community. As I'm sure we've all experienced, buying the gun is just the first step. There are holsters (yes, it fits some 19 holsters, but the need for its own holsters remains IMO), sights, aftermarket triggers, etc. While some prefer their guns stock, many, many others do not. Glock is a great example. You can easily find people who love telling you how great stock Glocks are. And yet that one brand supports dozens of companies producing aftermarket parts for their guns. M&P has similar support. They don't necessarily need the same depth of support the others have, but they need the basics in order to flourish as the others have.

I'm just guessing on this part, but I would imagine getting their guns into some police departments or federal agencies would also be very important. That kind of validation seems very important and having a successful implementation like that goes a long way when it comes to reputation. Plus, contract sales are always nice. Like I said, I'm just guessing on this part - this part of the business isn't something I know much about.

Glowing YouTube reviews and forum reports are great, but they're not enough to make (but they could break) a product.

I hope to get my hands on one soon.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I think production of the P-10C will continue to ramp up. This thing is still very much in it's infancy. Having a robust supply of guns to the market is obviously extremely important, but I don't know that CZ is capable (right now) of matching the pace or quantity of guns of other manufacturers in this space. Either they will meet what seems to be growing demand or the product will always be one that never seems to be in stock (and will likely lose sales as people get impatient and buy something else).

An important aspect of all of this will be the support from the aftermarket community. As I'm sure we've all experienced, buying the gun is just the first step. There are holsters (yes, it fits some 19 holsters, but the need for its own holsters remains IMO), sights, aftermarket triggers, etc. While some prefer their guns stock, many, many others do not. Glock is a great example. You can easily find people who love telling you how great stock Glocks are. And yet that one brand supports dozens of companies producing aftermarket parts for their guns. M&P has similar support. They don't necessarily need the same depth of support the others have, but they need the basics in order to flourish as the others have.

I'm just guessing on this part, but I would imagine getting their guns into some police departments or federal agencies would also be very important. That kind of validation seems very important and having a successful implementation like that goes a long way when it comes to reputation. Plus, contract sales are always nice. Like I said, I'm just guessing on this part - this part of the business isn't something I know much about.

Glowing YouTube reviews and forum reports are great, but they're not enough to make (but they could break) a product.

I hope to get my hands on one soon.
View Quote
I do not think it is CZ's capability as a manufacture because they have supplied weapons for decades to Europe and many Asian countries like Russia and former soviets states.  I think what is holding CZ back is the ability to import enough to the US.  Maybe they do not have as much connections with the US govt like Sig\Glock\HK.  All I do know of the many gun stores I frequent CZ does not have whole sections of the store dedicated to the brand like Glock\Sig\S&W\Ruger.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Mec gar only cover a very small portion of cz model. Basically cz-75 types. The prices for the rest of the models are up there with HK.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mec gar only cover a very small portion of cz model. Basically cz-75 types. The prices for the rest of the models are up there with HK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grabagun had po7/p10 mags for 29-33$ for the last few days, and gregcote had them at 33 i believe...guys that complain about mag prices need to shop around, same goes for hk mags
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Meh, when I finally got my pre-order, I quickly flipped it and got a gen5 G17. Nothing particularly WRONG with the P10 but the slide lock spring and striker safety seem like weak points. I believe here have been a couple reports of problems here already. I think CZ can can fix it but I don’t think it will take even a tiny chunk of big G’s market. More market variety is never a bad thing though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Grabagun had po7/p10 mags for 29-33$ for the last few days, and gregcote had them at 33 i believe...guys that complain about mag prices need to shop around, same goes for hk mags
View Quote
$29 to $33 is considered good?  
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#46]
My only issue with the p10c was the trigger safety kept catching the frame and making the trigger stick and/or stop. I usually shoot at the first crease and that just didn't work for me and the p10c.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 3:33:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
$29 to $33 is considered good?  
View Quote
You don't get handgun mags much cheaper without them being surplus.

Mec-Gar usually run 20-25 depending on model though and are typically excellent if not the OEM maker.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm glad you like your new pistol. But a Glock killer ? Never can be nor can it kill or replace any other decent made pistol on the market. You just prefer it over the Glock. Taking a look at your groups you posted you're between 1"-2" groups at 10 yards. So that is between 2-4" groups at 25 yards right ? So realistically it's the same as any other pistol right out of the box as far as accuracy goes. Want to know a secret ? I can shoot my Glocks or XD's the same if not better than you can shoot your CZ. While at the range yesterday I had the range owner check the trigger pull on my G17            ( Factory trigger ) and it broke at 4.5lbs. Not bad for not even having the 25c polish done yet. CZ did do a good job on the aesthetics of the P-10C though and is a good looking handgun. But why not leave it at that instead of having to bash Glock just because in your opinion you thinks it's better. It's just another handgun
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You don't get handgun mags much cheaper without them being surplus.

Mec-Gar usually run 20-25 depending on model though and are typically excellent if not the OEM maker.
View Quote
I guess I'm spoiled with Glocks and 1911s. Even Arex Rex Zero 1 mags are $25.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The p10c and m2.0c are going to give the g19 a run for its money.
View Quote
fixed it for you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top