Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2017 8:59:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Is open carry illegal in your state?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems like its a common thing in open carry states, people don't buy anything nicer then a blackhawk sportster most the time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#3]
The guy carrying a five-seven is dogging the guy with a deagle....

Strange world we live in.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Did the deagle have da beamz?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]
MYOB if he is not hurting, bothering, or causeing you grief who gives a fuck.  Guy walked around with a FN FNX 45 in a shoulder holster the other day and he looked like a bum but guess what he did not effect me in any way and did not break a law so more power to him.  Insert "behold the field in which I grow my fucks". The guy got exactly what he wanted attention then you went and OH NOES about it online.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#7]
More open carry the better. I shop with An AR slinged. Sometimes I even wear rifle plates too
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
A right not exercised, is a right you will lose.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Why you hate freedom bro?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Nothing screams shoot me first in an ambush scenario than someone open carrying.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing screams shoot me first in an ambush scenario than someone open carrying.
View Quote
In an AMBUSH scenario that would be the case, but in the real world get some facts.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I want in before the thread totally derails....

I have to say, open carry would be hella more comfortable than most concealed flavors I've used over the years.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Now that I have had my LTC for a while I notice that I tend to carry smaller pistols with less capacity when I conceal. I don't particularly like that. I don't want to buy big baggy pants so I can carry a larger gun. When I open carry its usually covered by my shirt most of the time. Its still obvious to those who are observant. I will carry most any pistol this way quite comfortably. I do not like the "attention" some would suggest OC'ers are looking for. I don't care how or what anyone else is carrying. I would prefer more people carry though. I do laugh at the reasons people list they are against OC.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I open carry a G17 in an owb slim profile kydex holster from time to time, as open carry is fairly normal here....and tbh I don't think anyone has ever even noticed, and if they did I didnt get a second glance.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I guess it makes one feel superior to put another gun owner down when they do something different than you might.  

How you could have handled it- compliment his gun to open the dialog and then ask if the holster is the best choice.  Finding a holster for DE is probably not easy since they aren't a typical carry piece.  In any event, talking to the guy face-to-face is preferable to criticizing him behind his back.  You might learn something.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I guess it makes one feel superior to put another gun owner down when they do something different than you might.  

How you could have handled it- compliment his gun to open the dialog and then ask if the holster is the best choice.  Finding a holster for DE is probably not easy since they aren't a typical carry piece.  In any event, talking to the guy face-to-face is preferable to criticizing him behind his back.  You might learn something.
View Quote
This as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#17]
You should have just thanked him for exercising our rights. People carry open because they can. It is not necessarily a " LOOK AT ME" thing . More like" I don't care about other crybaby's oversensitive feelings". Who cares what kind of holster it is the one he likes that is all that matters. He was legal and responsible. That is all that matters.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Youre telling me this fag left his house thinking he can do something because he wants to? Doesnt he know what country he leaves in!? Geez, what a fag.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I can't judge the situation because I wasn't there BUT just because it's legal and our right to carry not everyone should.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#21]
All the oc's I see are usually carrying rugers or taurus. NEVER in leather.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This thread is full of ......................
View Quote
Hmm.. it just requires a little perspective.  This is a discussion about fashion.  Not 2nd amendment.  Not open vs concealed.  The individual in question, with a large and expensive pistol contrasted with a cheap and likely ineffective holster, had fashion issues.  Same as purse and shoes not in sync or a T shirt at a wedding.  If he had a cheap pistol, say a Glock, it would be fine.  If he had a proper leather chest rig managing the weight of the Desert Eagle.. fine as well.  Also, I suspect the guy was not 6'4" and a large pistol just failed to integrate with the overall look.  Should probably check with his wife before leaving the house.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agree.  Many of us don't like your choice of carry either...so
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Since i ride a motorcycle virtually every day i like the fact open carry is legal now.

I wear my galco miami classic and it doesn't interfere with my leathers.

I usually have a button up shirt covering it but Tuff titty is someone happens to see it and doesn't like it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
All the oc's I see are usually carrying rugers or taurus. NEVER in leather.
View Quote
HAHAHAHAHA- Leather is for old men
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well said.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Where is that Picard facepalm when you need it......
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Nothing screams "look at me" like creating a GD thread in the tech section.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
More open carry the better. I shop with An AR slinged. Sometimes I even wear rifle plates too
View Quote
Better safe than sorry! :)

Just make sure you have a variety of ammo. You want to be prepared whether it's terrorists, or stray zoo animals on a rampage.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#31]
It's like the guys that buy a $2,000 rifle to put a $100 scope on it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Better safe than sorry! :)

Just make sure you have a variety of ammo. You want to be prepared whether it's terrorists, or stray zoo animals on a rampage.
View Quote

ROFL! You feel comfortable with a man or woman who shoots their gun once a year and has fired a total of 400 rounds in their life carrying?   Don't get me wrong it's their right but more does not = better.  No comment on toting an AR 15 around  at the grocery store (I think the GIF above sums that up).
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#33]
PS- An ineffective holster is NOT a fashion issue!  It is irresponsible and dangerous.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A right not exercised, is a right you will lose.
View Quote
You can neither gain nor lose rights. It is impossible. 
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
THIS!
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

ROFL! You feel comfortable with a man or woman who shoots their gun once a year and has fired a total of 400 rounds in their life carrying?   Don't get me wrong it's their right but more does not = better.  No comment on toting an AR 15 around  at the grocery store (I think the GIF above sums that up).
View Quote
I'm missing context man I didn't see the part about shooting once per year.

I'd recommend practicing more often though :)
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Haters gonna hate I think the five-seven is actually a pretty good option ... assuming you can conceal it fine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Only real open carry guns I've seen in Houston have either been 1911's in nice & expensive leather holsters, or Glock 19s in Kydex...

Saw a few fools on TV with the full drop leg with their XDs or whatevers...
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#39]
MYOFB dude,who cares! He's not bothering anyone..
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
MYOFB dude,who cares! He's not bothering anyone..
View Quote
Op is a cop and looks on the private citizen OCing in disdain. Got it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
PS- An ineffective holster is NOT a fashion issue!  It is irresponsible and dangerous.
View Quote
Perhaps.  It might be a distraction from his concealed primary.

Here is this giant $1K Deagle in a cheap holster.  OP didn't make the OC's cc'd HK.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#42]
The only time an OC made me go WTF was a dude wearing his pants around his mid thighs with a M12 on some sort of drop swivel flapping around as he waddled around holding his pants up by his belt....still to this day don't understand that "fashion" style.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I can't judge the situation because I wasn't there BUT just because it's legal and our right to carry not everyone should.
View Quote
Curious, you say that you can't judge (because your weren't there) and then proceed to judge other situations (in which you are also not present).
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Curious, you say that you can't judge (because your weren't there) and then proceed to judge other situations (in which you are also not present).
View Quote
By saying that not everyone should carry just because it is their right?
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I only get irritated at the guys I have seen lately with Hi-points in SERPA copy paddle holsters clipped to their pants pocket like a cell phone holster.

You want to open carry with junk?  Great! just do it like you have some sense.  

Love my Constitutional carry state.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

By saying that not everyone should carry just because it is their right?
View Quote
No, by saying that he cannot judge and then proceeding to do so.

I agree that some should not carry just because or even though it is their right. I do not claim to be non-judgemental.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:10:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I only get irritated at the guys I have seen lately with Hi-points in SERPA copy paddle holsters clipped to their pants pocket like a cell phone holster.

You want to open carry with junk?  Great! just do it like you have some sense.  

Love my Constitutional carry state.
View Quote
HiPoints ain't junk.  They're inexpensive.  The .45" can be set up to share mags w/ your 1911.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:51:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Please define "ineffective holster".
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Please0 define "ineffective holster".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please0 define "ineffective holster".
That remark was in response to a post on this thread that stated an ineffective holster was a fashion issue which I disagreed with.  My idea of an ineffective holster is one that does not secure a firearm properly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm missing context man I didn't see the part about shooting once per year.

I'd recommend practicing more often though :)
View Quote
Sorry, I meant to quote a quote that was in your post. My comment was not directed at yours specifically.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top