Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:32:43 AM EDT
[#1]
My 19 gen 5 sights are centered.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the answer is Glock, like many manufacturers, doesn't take the time to center sights.  Its a shame.

HK thus far is the only gun manufacturer that I've owned multiple examples from that did NOT require adjustment.  Every other brand I've had numerous examples of has required tweaking the sights.

If you're into this hobby and actually care, do yourself a favor and have the right tools to support the hobby.  If not, make friends with someone who does
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#3]
In the old days that used to be a brass punch and a hammer.  But I don't think that is probably the right tool for a factory Glock.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#4]
My Gen 5 17 came with the plastic sights and were centered. It shot a few inches left at 25yds. I put on the FBI sights ad left them slightly off to the right, it shoots dead on now. I put my 19 sights slightly to the right too. Am I defective? Lol. I thought this was a common thing for glock shooters...
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#5]
My Gen 5 G17 came with the rear sight drifted to the right about the thickness of a credit card.  It shoots dead on from what I can tell just from one range session.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got a Gen 5 19 and the sights are centered.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up the gen 5 /17 and the sights are right on , also got the 19/5 with the FBI night sights no problems , both guns have a good trigger and have been flawless .
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:05:48 AM EDT
[#8]
whats the trigger lb difference between gen 4 and 5?
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#9]
The gen 5 I have is a little better trigger than the gen 4 Glock 17 gun ,its more smooth then bang with the gen 5 the gen 4 has more of a wall then a little heavier break .
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#10]
FWIW, I rented a Gen 5 G17 today, put 200 rds through it on a square indoor range.  Not a torture test or extensive review whatsoever, but my initial reactions are the following, noting I have shot 3rd gens almost exclusively for the last 13 years or so (IDPA, edc, classes).

+grip texture and no finger grooves are excellent
+recoil felt a little better (due to the dual spring setup i guess)
-trigger was not impressive
-ambi slide releases were not good for me (lefty), a couple of FTLB due to my thumbs on the right side lever.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FWIW, I rented a Gen 5 G17 today, put 200 rds through it on a square indoor range.  Not a torture test or extensive review whatsoever, but my initial reactions are the following, noting I have shot 3rd gens almost exclusively for the last 13 years or so (IDPA, edc, classes).

+grip texture and no finger grooves are excellent
+recoil felt a little better (due to the dual spring setup i guess)
-trigger was not impressive
-ambi slide releases were not good for me (lefty), a couple of FTLB do to my thumbs on the right side lever.
View Quote
I hate that ambi BS.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top