Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
And here I sit with a GEN 2 on my hip.
Yes my hair is grey.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the replies. Good to learn about the backward magazine compatibility.

Just read from Apex that the Gen 5 trigger is different so present Apex triggers won't work. Apex not sure yet about their extractor kit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. Good to learn about the backward magazine compatibility.

Just read from Apex that the Gen 5 trigger is different so present Apex triggers won't work. Apex not sure yet about their extractor kit.
View Quote
You might not need to upgrade the gen 5 trigger right off the bat, as far as I can tell it is not horrible straight from the box. I would rate it somewhere between pretty good and great
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 12:40:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Fun fact.

2 layers of masking tape is all it takes to get straight borders.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You might not need to upgrade the gen 5 trigger right off the bat, as far as I can tell it is not horrible straight from the box. I would rate it somewhere between pretty good and great
View Quote
To me, it feels just like a Glock trigger, or like just a Glock trigger.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

To me, it feels just like a Glock trigger, or like just a Glock trigger.
View Quote
Still shocked when I hear this.

Every person I know who has handled a gen 5 has said the trigger is fantastic.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a great looking stipple job. Nice!
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok, maybe its 8.7% better, but not 87% better.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:20:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's a great looking stipple job. Nice!
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I got my hands on one, and didn't think the trigger was any better than my stock gen3 19.  The cutout is annoying, but glad the finger grooves are gone.  I would be interested in getting one, but I'm not going to buy one without shooting it sum.   
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
got mine today and shot 100 rounds.

didn't notice the cutout at all while shooting, only when playing with it and looking for it.
View Quote
I experienced the same as you with 200 rounds down.

Probably going to fire another 150 plus tomorrow
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm right around 700 rounds through mine now, all stock with factory glock NS. I think the trigger is slightly better than my stock Gen3, smooth for sure. The only magazine I had an issue with was a Gen2 G19 mag, non steel lined. It functioned fine but did not lock the slide back or drop free, the rest of my mags, random Glock factory, ETS, Magpul were perfect. I've found that I shoot this Gen5 better than the Gen3 or Gen4, not sure what the cause of this is but I shoot it more accurately for sure. I just started carrying it now, feels like perfection to me!
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta agree, for the hype I was expecting it to be a big improvement.  It's better than a factory earlier gen but no better than a factory gun with a .25 trigger job in my opinion.    Definitely glad the finger grooves are gone but they were easy enough to remove with a Dremel and a little sanding.  I figure I'll give it a few months then maybe pick up a blue label G17.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Gotta agree, for the hype I was expecting it to be a big improvement.  It's better than a factory earlier gen but no better than a factory gun with a .25 trigger job in my opinion.    Definitely glad the finger grooves are gone but they were easy enough to remove with a Dremel and a little sanding.  I figure I'll give it a few months then maybe pick up a blue label G17.
View Quote
Its great for those of us that have to use factory stock guns with no modifications at all.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top