Quoted:
Did the Dallas Police Pull the Sig 320?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn't corroborate anything.

One person saw a suspect video showing a failed drop test by an unknown individual with no context then ordered the gun pulled.
Did the Dallas Police Pull the Sig 320?
From the OP link the were pulled from DPD and the cause of it was it fired when drop. The recall is for DPD tho. If DPD p320 are stock guns, I won't be surprise if there a general recall.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Fake News.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Fake News!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
But But Muh Sig!  If this was reverse and it was Glock you would have the same guys arguing just opposite of this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This whole discussion is retarded. These 2 320 threads should be nuked
But But Muh Sig!  If this was reverse and it was Glock you would have the same guys arguing just opposite of this thread.
Oh, I don't know. I came to criticize the P320, I will stay to post these:

Link Posted: 8/4/2017 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone considered that maybe an unqualified individual removed the striker assembly and in the process caused the striker block spring to fall out?  It comes out pretty easily.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:01:31 AM EDT
[#7]
It sounds like some idiot Lt. over reacted to a simple legalese statement in an "older" owners manual.

http://www.tactical-life.com/news/sig-sauer-p320-dallas-pd/#sig-p320-2

Although I have no way of verifying the veracity of the above link.

SIG's statement today (via TTAG):
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/08/daniel-zimmerman/sig-sauer-p320-striker-fired-pistols-drop-safe/

Ultimately it sounds like some idiots making up stories about why another idiot made an idiotic move.

This is what sucks about the Information Age we're in...no one cares about whether information is good or bad, real or imagined. Everyone is just waiting for the next scandal, the next failure, the next reason to boycott or protest. People just want to be excited about something. No one can stand being bored.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Much ado about nothing: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/04/official-statement-sig-sauer-reaffirms-safety-p-320-pistol/

quote:
I just spoke with Jordan at SIG who clarified what started this whole ball rolling downhill. An armorer at Dallas PD read an old outdated user manual which SIG has since edited. The language was confusing but caused this officer concern for the safety of the officers. DPD halted all officers from carrying the P-320 until they could contact the right person at SIG. Since the person at SIG was not in the office DPD issued the do not carry internal memo.
View Quote
Complete lack of credibility on the part of the armorer.

He now has to answer how much of a Glock fanboy he is and why his word was good enough for DPD command to issue any statement at all.

Glock deep state butthurt over the M17 contract is what I see.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Much ado about nothing: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/04/official-statement-sig-sauer-reaffirms-safety-p-320-pistol/

quote:

He now has to answer how much of a Glock fanboy he is and why his word was good enough for DPD command to issue any statement at all.

View Quote
Shame on Sig for having only one person who could answer this question.  The way some of the other postings have read, the DPD letter went out two weeks ago. A video showing a 320 going off on the third drop was circulating since June and rumors in the LE world at the time of the FBI selection were that the 320 failed drop testing.  If Sig wants to take the LE market they need to be ready to support it with parts, fast response to questions and a dynamic awareness group that would have been on this issue with an official statement on Monday and not Friday.

On top of the above, I don't really care for Sigs response of "individual attempts to perform drop tests should not be performed outside of professionally controlled environment."

Sig also seems to be hedging their language with this line about their drop safety "however,...exposure to acute conditions....repeated drops...may cause them not to work as designed."  When the video circulating shows your gear failing on the third drop, language like this can be used to make a mockery of you.

I hope to see Sig smooth things out as competition in the market is a good thing, but before you try to lay blame at the feet of DPD or one guy in DPD, consider the above and see that Sig has some ownership of this event.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He now has to answer how much of a Glock fanboy he is  

View Quote
Talk about a stretch just to take a stab at Glock owners.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Shame on Sig for having only one person who could answer this question.  The way some of the other postings have read, the DPD letter went out two weeks ago. A video showing a 320 going off on the third drop was circulating since June and rumors in the LE world at the time of the FBI selection were that the 320 failed drop testing.  If Sig wants to take the LE market they need to be ready to support it with parts, fast response to questions and a dynamic awareness group that would have been on this issue with an official statement on Monday and not Friday.

On top of the above, I don't really care for Sigs response of "individual attempts to perform drop tests should not be performed outside of professionally controlled environment."

Sig also seems to be hedging their language with this line about their drop safety "however,...exposure to acute conditions....repeated drops...may cause them not to work as designed."  When the video circulating shows your gear failing on the third drop, language like this can be used to make a mockery of you.

I hope to see Sig smooth things out as competition in the market is a good thing, but before you try to lay blame at the feet of DPD or one guy in DPD, consider the above and see that Sig has some ownership of this event.
View Quote
You are taking a few random stands here. I just recently went out of town for a week and came back to a bunch of emails and phone calls. Although I stated when i would be back and who they could call they didn't. So sitting is a bunch of billing questions they left on my vm, could some one in my organization answer and deal with those, yes in a hear beat, did they? No because they left it at that and when services stopped they got upset. Beyond that it's legal speak every agency does it and you can't get away from it. Every thing I own has some degree of that in the manual. All I am saying is there are very broad statements with little info to back it up. We also do not know the real time between when the memo went out and the response came in as we get info after it's gone through many channels.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

quote:

View Quote
It is not a complete lack of credibility.  The man is responsible for the lives of his officers and the public.  If he found out X brand of pistol had a flaw and could discharge if dropped then did not pull it then the next day an officer dropped his sidearm it discharged in a mall or crowded area shotting someone the Dallas city would be sued for millions when an attorney found out.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#13]
"There have been zero (0) reported drop-related P320 incidents in the U.S. commercial market, with hundreds of thousands of guns delivered to date."

I like Sig, and own one (not a P320), but are law enforcement agencies the "commercial market"?  If not, it did they choose their words carefully to reflect well on their product and be truthful, while not addressing the alleged concerns of DPD?  Why not just state "there have been zero reported drop-related P320 incidents."
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 8:47:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It is not a complete lack of credibility.  The man is responsible for the lives of his officers and the public.  If he found out X brand of pistol had a flaw and could discharge if dropped then did not pull it then the next day an officer dropped his sidearm it discharged in a mall or crowded area shotting someone the Dallas city would be sued for millions when an attorney found out.
View Quote
Sooooo....... nobody read the owners manual prior to adopting a service pistol?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sooooo....... nobody read the owners manual prior to adopting a service pistol?
View Quote
Who reads manuals?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Ruh roh

Sig Sauer P320 Fails Drop Test
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ruh roh
View Quote
That was a respectable way to handle their findings with Sig and I do suspect Sig will correct the issue.  It's interesting that the slight weight difference (6%!) would eliminate the drop-angle discharge.  Well, they're still perfectly safe for the Army because we all know lanyards are SOP

ROCK6
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That was a respectable way to handle their findings with Sig and I do suspect Sig will correct the issue.  It's interesting that the slight weight difference (6%!) would eliminate the drop-angle discharge.  Well, they're still perfectly safe for the Army because we all know lanyards are SOP

ROCK6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ruh roh

ROCK6
Would it need to be a bigger difference with a gun falling from chest hight? Or with a fully loaded magazine?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't think a lighter trigger would have any negative effect on the feel or function of the trigger. It seems like it should be a pretty simple fix.

Or put a tab on it...
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If anyone has a P320 but is interested in a tabbed trigger I may have one I could be convinced to part with.
View Quote
If these accounts are true, all P320 owners will be getting tabbed triggers in a few months.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If these accounts are true, all P320 owners will be getting tabbed triggers in a few months.
View Quote
Is the trigger a user replaceable part or will Sig be sending out boxes to tons of people for Sig to replace the trigger or will they allow users to replace the part themselves?  I am genuinely asking I have never taken down a P320 subframe kit so I do not know.  How hard is it to replace the trigger bow?  Glock level swap or what?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is the trigger a user replaceable part or will Sig be sending out boxes to tons of people for Sig to replace the trigger or will they allow users to replace the part themselves?  I am genuinely asking I have never taken down a P320 subframe kit so I do not know.  How hard is it to replace the trigger bow?  Glock level swap or what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The triggers can be swapped out at the user level, but it can be a pain in the butt.  I doubt SIG will allow owners to do thier own trigger swap.  Too easy to make a mistake installing the new trigger.  

Wonder how the GrayGuns PELT trigger does on these drop tests?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Takes 2 seconds
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The triggers can be swapped out at the user level, but it can be a pain in the butt.  I doubt SIG will allow owners to do thier own trigger swap.  Too easy to make a mistake installing the new trigger.  

View Quote
I should hurry up and become a Sig Armorer!
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#26]
After seeing that video I would say yeah that's a problem.

Why didn't Sig go with a tab on the trigger like Glock?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like sig shoulda stuck with the old manual and dpd shoulda stuck with the cease carrying.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:53:07 AM EDT
[#28]
But, but, but, it's just a rumor....Tactical life says so!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Would it need to be a bigger difference with a gun falling from chest hight? Or with a fully loaded magazine?
View Quote
I would assume a fully loaded magazine would add more mass to the impact, making the failure even more pronounced.  My sarcasm is for the issued "pistol lanyard" would should keep the pistol from striking the ground and busting your shins; how about NOT dropping your pistol  Realistically, drops happen and I would suspect the LE community would be able to provide more occurrences as they carry far more often than most military...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would assume a fully loaded magazine would add more mass to the impact, making the failure even more pronounced.  My sarcasm is for the issued "pistol lanyard" would should keep the pistol from striking the ground and busting your shins; how about NOT dropping your pistol  Realistically, drops happen and I would suspect the LE community would be able to provide more occurrences as they carry far more often than most military...

ROCK6
View Quote
I have seen common people drop their side arm it is really more common than most think.  One time in a movie theater a guy had his pistol fall down his shorts and strike the ground.  I have seen dumbass at the range drop them and even one of my shooting friends had his compact XD fall out of his nylon drop leg holster.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
If failed every drop test. Highly unsafe. Stop using your p320 if you have a pelt installed. The videos are on one of the post.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?27008-P320-drop-safety-issues/page35
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#32]
After seeing plenty of stagnant P320's for sale suddenly, I feel fortunate to have made a straight-up trade for a Gen4 G17 today.  Lord only knows how long I'd have waited (or had to pay) to ship my gun to SIG for the "recall upgrade".
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top