Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2017 6:58:35 PM EDT
Bought one ($500) put about 100 rounds through it.

Performance was good.  It shot to a point right above the front sight at 15 yards, which is great as far as I'm concerned.   The front sight was easy to track through recoil and it came back down promptly.  Maybe not quite as well as a Glock or Steyr but better than a lot of other 9mms I've shot.   I was able to keep all shots on a 3x5" index card at 15 yards with no effort at all.   I didn't bench it to see how tightly it groups, but I suspect it will be considerably better than average.  Ammo was 124 gr LRN reloads, 130 or so powerfactor.

After shooting, the trigger now breaks at 4 pounds.   A little grease on the sear did help matters.  

Mag release and slide release were quite stiff.   It took about three times the effort, or more, to drop the magazine than I'm used to.  A little oil around the mag catch did help somewhat.   Dropping the slide from slidelock on an empty mag requires a lot more force than is reasonable.  The mag spring is exceptionally strong as well, so that doesn't help when you're fighting that too, but even without the mag inserted, it's enough of a hassle that it's faster to overhand release or slingshot unless you have gorilla thumbs.    I haven't tried grease, it may help.

I don't call that a negative, since I know that both these controls will wear in over time.  The grip texturing was effective without being annoying.  I left the small backstrap installed since I usually prefer those on adjustable guns.  The mag release was easy to reach with that backstrap installed.  I also liked the slide serrations, they leave no room for complaint in my opinion.   My trigger finger did drag the bottom of the trigger guard like it generally does on guns with smallish trigger guards and triggers that allow the finger to move downward on the shoe, but it wasn't as egregious or as noticeable a problem as it is on Glocks for me.

I like the design of the sights.  I think they're the best design I've seen on any CZ pistol.

If the aftermarket kicks in soon, and barring any recalls or design issues, I think the P10C will spell big trouble for Glock.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems there's a bit of variance on the production guns out there according to several user reviews online. The range rental I shot had none of those issues, but I did experience several FTE's with ammo that my G19 and SD9VE chewed through.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
A range rental would probably be past the "new and stiff" phase, so that may explain it.  How hot was the ammo you used?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A range rental would probably be past the "new and stiff" phase, so that may explain it.  How hot was the ammo you used?
View Quote
Not very, just some remanufactured stuff they insist you use on their rentals. My SD probably ha 1K rounds through it, the 19 about 150.

I like the pistol and will probably pick one up eventually, but I'd like to shoot the APX first.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up a used P10C that had the typical "only 500 rounds through it". The slide release is about the same as any other pistol I have. When I take the slide off I can see wear marks now that I've put a few hundred rounds through it also.  After a few range sessions I'm guessing yours will loosen up too.  My trigger pull feels closer to 6 pounds though.  I'm waiting to feel the 4.5 pound trigger that people have been referencing.  Still a very good trigger.  David
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds pretty cool.  

I hope it's a Glock killer.  Not because I hate Glocks, but because they need some real competition in the 19 size.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just picked up a used P10C that had the typical "only 500 rounds through it". The slide release is about the same as any other pistol I have. When I take the slide off I can see wear marks now that I've put a few hundred rounds through it also.  After a few range sessions I'm guessing yours will loosen up too.  My trigger pull feels closer to 6 pounds though.  I'm waiting to feel the 4.5 pound trigger that people have been referencing.  Still a very good trigger.  David
View Quote
Pay attention to this thread, I bet some really good stuff will be in there as the next few weeks pass.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I got lucky and picked up one last week in FDE. I went to my local indoor range/LGS and they had just gotten two in. One was reserved so I got the other.

I dry fired the crop out of it that night. My mag release feels fine and the slide stop doesn't matter to me because I always sling shot the slide. I measured my trigger at 4.5 pounds which was surprising because it felt heavier. I've only ran 100 rounds through it, but it worked perfectly. The rear back straps texture is too aggressive. I'm probably going to sand it down a bit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the one new gun out there that I absolutely cannot find.  I'm really anxious to get a feel for one because I thought the APX was very nice and almost walked out with one the other day.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is the one new gun out there that I absolutely cannot find.  I'm really anxious to get a feel for one because I thought the APX was very nice and almost walked out with one the other day.
View Quote
I was excited about the APX until I handled it.  Then it fell way down the want list.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was excited about the APX until I handled it.  Then it fell way down the want list.
View Quote
I like the slide serration whatever you call it the trigger breaks pretty nice but the reset is meh and the striker block hole that protrudes up .  The grip feels funny in my hand but it shoots ok nothing special though.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I like the slide serration whatever you call it the trigger breaks pretty nice but the reset is meh and the striker block hole that protrudes up .  The grip feels funny in my hand but it shoots ok nothing special though.
View Quote
Yes, I didn't like the reset, I didn't like the shape of the grip (especially the flare out at the bottom of the frontstrap), and the whole thing just felt large and top-heavy for what it is.   The slide serrations were my favorite thing about it, to be honest.

The pop-up striker block didn't seem to bother anyone when it was on the PX4.  I didn't really have a problem with it, but I don't think it offers any benefit whatsoever.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes, I didn't like the reset, I didn't like the shape of the grip (especially the flare out at the bottom of the frontstrap), and the whole thing just felt large and top-heavy for what it is.   The slide serrations were my favorite thing about it, to be honest.

The pop-up striker block didn't seem to bother anyone when it was on the PX4.  I didn't really have a problem with it, but I don't think it offers any benefit whatsoever.
View Quote
I did not care for it on the 92FS and never understood why Beretta does that.  I have shot a PX4 only once in my life and it was maybe a magazine no one I know or shoot with has one but one of my friends has the APX.  He likes the pistol and the striker block does not bother us just unsightly.  The pistol is reasonably accurate as well once I got adjusted to the trigger press I was able to shoot it as good as any other pistol.  When I sped up the reset through me off like my M&Ps do to me I was not going far enough for to get a reset and I would end up slapping a dead trigger and would have to ride a reset till I found it.  I had the same issue with my CZ 75 when I first got it I was not allowing it to go far enough forward to get a reset but that was fixed with a CGW SRS package.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 1:22:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I definitely think the mag-release needs to be lightened up a bit. It's easier to reach but now I have to concentrate to get more leverage on it or shift my grip to push it straight in.

My trigger breaks at 4.5# exactly on my non-digital scale, but I do wish I could use a ghost-like disconnector to eliminate the over-travel like I can with 19s. I would have preferred it to be a hair thinner, and 1/4" shorter in length & height (closer to the 19).

I'm happy with it though--can't wait for HD-XR or Heinie sights, and the mods to come out. My first mod will be to get rid of the safety blade that does not go flush with the trigger face.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:06:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I definitely think the mag-release needs to be lightened up a bit. It's easier to reach but now I have to concentrate to get more leverage on it or shift my grip to push it straight in.

My trigger breaks at 4.5# exactly on my non-digital scale, but I do wish I could use a ghost-like disconnector to eliminate the over-travel like I can with 19s. I would have preferred it to be a hair thinner, and 1/4" shorter in length & height (closer to the 19).

I'm happy with it though--can't wait for HD-XR or Heinie sights, and the mods to come out. My first mod will be to get rid of the safety blade that does not go flush with the trigger face.
View Quote
I had a p10c for a day and never even fired it. I noticed the mag release and slide stop was very stiff and the trigger just didn't work for me. The blade has such a closer tolerance to the frame when pulled that I wasn't depressing the tab all the way and it was hanging up on the frame. It was an issue if I used the pad of my finger but I shoot better and feel more comfortable using the first joint.

The gun seemed decent overall but I was a little under whelmed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I guess I'm a little confused as to why people thought this gun was gonna be the 2nd coming
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#16]
P10c is a really nice pistol. It's a little too redundant to the market to warrant buying one FOR ME, but it's a good design. I don't think it'll spell too much trouble for Glock, though. Glock's longstanding reputation and huge aftermarket will keep it rolling for plenty long enough until they can release a new gen that is once again more competitive. I'm sure CZ will sell a good few to hardcore gun enthusiasts as well as buyers looking for a good deal, though.

I looked at one in shop and didn't have an issue with the slide stops but I do agree that the Mag release is pretty darn stiff. Not only that, but once enough pressure is applied it barely moves before the Mag drops. I didn't like the feel of it, but it likely is purposeful to avoid accidental Mag drops since it's an ambi-button design.

My biggest complaint is the lack of modularity. Not that this is a HUGE feature, but now that more guns are hitting the market offering it I feel like it should become standard. There's a peace of mind that comes with knowing that if I crack my frame somehow I can replace it without sending my gun to the factory.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I like my CZ P-07

Old school cocked & locked

Looking forward to trying out the P-10, but doubt Ill get one

Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I guess I'm a little confused as to why people thought this gun was gonna be the 2nd coming
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any new striker fired pistol folks hope it will knock Glock off their block.   Same thing happens, year after year - hype, predictions, then disappointment.   Lol.

Resistance is futile.  Turn to the dark side....let it flow from within.....
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any new striker fired pistol folks hope it will knock Glock off their block.   Same thing happens, year after year - hype, predictions, then disappointment.   Lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Internet had me thinking this pistol was the second coming of Christ. Honestly if it would have fit my g19 holsters (like they said it would) I may have kept it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Internet had me thinking this pistol was the second coming of Christ. Honestly if it would have fit my g19 holsters (like they said it would) I may have kept it.
View Quote
Obviously you're saying it didn't fit your G19 holsters.  To be honest, that's the first out of several holsters I've seen tried that it wouldn't fit.  Unless all those YT gun guys are lying to me!

Several trips to several stores later and I still can't get my hands on one in my area.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, I can verify that it didn't fit very well in my G17 holster.  I have a Bladetech and if I loosened the tension screws almost all the way, the P10C would go in and out with some degree of difficulty.  It would be very difficult to draw from the holster when it's on my belt.

I find it's a better fit in my Bladetech M&P holster, I only had to loosen the tension screws a turn or so.  I also have a G-code Kydex holster for the XD and it would have worked in a pinch, but the tension isn't adjustable and it was a little tighter than I really would have liked.

Walther P99 JIT slide: fits perfectly
Dillon Leather G19 holster: tight but I think it would work after a Saran wrap treatment
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#22]
That's interesting.  But then again, I take most of what those YT celebs say with a grain of salt

I still think it will be my next striker fired 9mm, if the price is right (aka less than another glock or the same as the APX).

On that note, I might be in the market for a hammer fired 9mm as well, suggestions (not to derail this thread)?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 8:31:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Obviously you're saying it didn't fit your G19 holsters.  To be honest, that's the first out of several holsters I've seen tried that it wouldn't fit.  Unless all those YT gun guys are lying to me!

Several trips to several stores later and I still can't get my hands on one in my area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wouldn't even think about going into a bravo concealment OWB or torsion and wouldn't go into this Mountaineer concealment holster I have either, not even close.

It might fit duty holsters but it ain't fitting kydex.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It wouldn't even think about going into a bravo concealment OWB or torsion and wouldn't go into this Mountaineer concealment holster I have either, not even close.

It might fit duty holsters but it ain't fitting kydex.
View Quote
I see what you mean.  Finally found a Youtuber last night that showed one of his G19 kydex setups that wouldn't support the P10C.  Like I said, gotta take all that YT advice with some skepticism.  Then again, I ain't basing my purchase decision on their thoughts alone.  That's why I'm adamant about at least getting on in my hands here in the near future.  Might not be able to control my wallet monkey for long though and he might just snag an APX if I'm not careful...
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll add my notes, I hope you dont mind:

"So I took the new Czech blaster to the range today and I brought the pistol its designed to kill in the marketplace. The mighty Glock 19, specially in Gen 4 FC trim.
I shot them back to back from 15m to steel. All I can say is the CZ is a fine firearm. Trigger has shorter and more positive reset then the glock.
Both shoot excellent and flat.

Its really just nitpick the details, but they do the same thing for the same price. Hell, they even fit in the same holsters.
I will say this FC Gen 4 19 is the best out of the box Glock I have ever shot. Very good barrel fit, smooth (yes, surprisingly) trigger, and the bang for the buck in Blue Box is hard to beat."

fullsizeoutput_bce by Austin Scott, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_bcf by Austin Scott, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#27]
A friend recently bought on. I ran a few mags through it. Trigger and reset. Were nice. The grip was nice , though a bit sharp. Ergos felt good. Recoil was manageable. I did not like the sights, dots were too close to the top edge to get a really good sight picture for precision. I did manage a decent group slow fire from 10 yards. Overall a decent gun, not enough to make me switch from M&P pistols ,but nice .
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Two notes to add based on my experiences with my P10c with 500 rounds in:

ONE: The wire spring that provides tension to the slide release that sits recessed on one side of the locking block on my particular P10c does not like to stay seated in its recess. I was brushing the frame after a range trip and one of the nylon bristles caught the tail of the wire spring and pulled it out of the recess with very little effort. It wedged itself in between the locking block and the frame and poked out enough to prevent the slide from reassembling onto the frame. I used a small plastic dip stick to push the tail end back into the recess. The seating of the wire spring into the recess leaves a lot to be desired as far as retaining it, as I can see the tail end wanting to make its way out and the gap between the frame and locking block is obviously large enough for it to easily do so.

This shouldn't be a problem as far as the reliability of the gun functioning and firing as the slide, when it is on, will prevent it from moving up and out of position. However, even with everything locked in place by the locking block pin in the frame, there is a significant amount of flex to the locking block in my particular P10c which allows the wire spring to move out of position even more.

It is however an annoyance and something that could happen during the cleaning of the gun while not being aware of it. I saw it immediately and knew it would prevent the slide from going back on. Others however may not and will pull the slide back onto the frames rails fast for reassembly and may damage their P10c.

TWO: The video on youtube of the P10c "Drop Safety Assembly Issue" is a real thing. Mine was correctly installed, however it is extremely easy for it to get dislodged and out of place. If you are not being careful with your nylon brush and are cleaning the insides of your slide, one swipe of the nylon brush is enough to unseat the tiny spring hook. Note, the spring used is very small and very thin, may be a very delicate component of the P10c

I suggest taking these two areas into account during your cleaning and reassembly procedures to make sure they are correctly in place. I plan to detail strip the P10c another time and potentially look to see if I can stake the slide release wire spring by making a simple center punch dimple into the locking block. There is certainly enough wiggle room to do so without the stake job touching the frame, etc.

UPDATE: Ran another 300 rounds through the P10c, several strings of rapid fire. The loose slide release wire spring IS a problem. The gun fired without issue. However upon attempting to field strip to see if the wire spring moved out of position in its recess, I found that it had, and it would not allow me to pull the slide off. It could clearly be seen hanging up on the rear of the slide rails. Once home and after some additional pulling force, I was able to get the slide off, however the wire spring is ruined, and is stuck in the gap mentioned above between the frame and locking block. The gun will go back to CZ. Pretty bummed about it, as the P10c really is such a nice shooting gun. Not sure what to expect, being a Glock guy, I never had to send a gun back to the manufacturer before and when an issue arose I was able to buy parts or take care of it on my own.

Hope this is informational. I really do enjoy the P10c a lot, though there are certainly some concerns. I tried to contact CZUSA in regards to the wire spring issue, but I got the generic copy and paste RMA information, and no further contact so far. This seems to be a trend with any question regarding the P10c.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:32:15 PM EDT
[#29]
I've seen one P10C we ordered in for a customer have a slightly sticky mag release. We remedied it very quickly with a little TLC. This, however, shouldn't be required. All the others have been great guns and their new owners are happy. I'm on my second P10C as I had to send my pre-production test sample back and buy my own. I bought a FDE, stuck some Talon grips on it, and have let I don't know how many people shoot it. Not one person has said "I don't like it". As a matter of fact, everyone who shoots it wants one.

I even did this to mine.  Hehe, you know I can't resist. It's my inner child getting the best of me.

Torture Test of the CZ P10C 9mm
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I watched the test last night, and the new CZ did very well indeed.

I'm really no longer in the Poly framed/striker fired pistol market as I have enough P99s to last me, but if I were, the P 10 would be right at the top of the list, as I also really like CZ pistols.

That said, if I get another CZ, it will be a P-01 or PCR.

Tim, have you done the big test to a P-01 yet?

And do carry on with all you do.  Enjoyable to watch and sometimes I even learn a thing or three...
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've seen one P10C we ordered in for a customer have a slightly sticky mag release. We remedied it very quickly with a little TLC. This, however, shouldn't be required. All the others have been great guns and their new owners are happy. I'm on my second P10C as I had to send my pre-production test sample back and buy my own. I bought a FDE, stuck some Talon grips on it, and have let I don't know how many people shoot it. Not one person has said "I don't like it". As a matter of fact, everyone who shoots it wants one.

I even did this to mine.  Hehe, you know I can't resist. It's my inner child getting the best of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOLiBG32IC0
View Quote
I'm not going to lie; I was a tiny bit nervous that my new carry gun was going through the gauntlet, but I'm ok with it now.  As a quick side note: I'd love to see a professional-grade HK (P30, USP, HK45) be tested.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm not going to lie; I was a tiny bit nervous that my new carry gun was going through the gauntlet, but I'm ok with it now.  As a quick side note: I'd love to see a professional-grade HK (P30, USP, HK45) be tested.
View Quote
I kind of anticipated it running through just like a Glock or the Arex.  Little to no issues.  Honestly at the end I was not surprised that it zipped through no issue other than glooping it with the mud.

I would like to see some inexpensive guns go through like a Ruger SR9 or American or some single stack 9s G43/PPS/Shield/LC9s/Kahr of some sort.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I kind of anticipated it running through just like a Glock or the Arex.  Little to no issues.  Honestly at the end I was not surprised that it zipped through no issue other than glooping it with the mud.

I would like to see some inexpensive guns go through like a Ruger SR9 or American or some single stack 9s G43/PPS/Shield/LC9s/Kahr of some sort.
View Quote
They've done at least one Canik, but I think that was the only "cheaper" pistol they did.  I think it was mentioned in the video that they don't have any current plans to torture sub-compacts but stick to mid-size/full-size service pistols instead.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Believe it or not Century contacted me and said they wanted to submit a Canik TP9 DA, their new DA/SA version (not the original). So they sent me one to run through the test. I thought that was pretty ballsy to do, so I will run the TP9 DA through the test before the end of the season.

Once we get through the major full-size handguns we might do some of the compact pistols including single stacks. I don't have as many of those on hand though as I'm more of a G19 or larger frame handgun type of guy. 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for all your reviews MAC. They're all top-notch!
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Thanks for all your reviews MAC. They're all top-notch!
View Quote
Thank you. 
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Cool test maybe start running two pistols through the test at a time.  Example G19\G43, PPQ\PPS, M&P 9\Shield, Ruger American or SR9\LC9s.  That would be cool to see the big brother run through with the little brother.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top