Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes I agree.  With just one caveat:

- notice the 1st line of the very first response?  It talks about lightening the DA trigger pull (usually with a lighter spring).

I don't notice my SP-01's DA trigger, but it's really light and considerably smoothed out vs. factory new.  It would probably be more of an Issue with a stock 92 or other similar SA/DA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I shoot both all the time and have no issue with transitioning from a Glock 17/19 or HK P7 to a a CZ SP-01/75/P-09 or Sig P226/8 or to mix it up a 1911.

Fundamentals are fundamentals press the trigger straight to the rear and get a proper grip.  Only difference is applying more pressure for the initial DA press then it is smooth sailing on the SA train.  With a DA trigger avoid staging it as you press the trigger learn to make the press a single smooth motion.
Yes I agree.  With just one caveat:

- notice the 1st line of the very first response?  It talks about lightening the DA trigger pull (usually with a lighter spring).

I don't notice my SP-01's DA trigger, but it's really light and considerably smoothed out vs. factory new.  It would probably be more of an Issue with a stock 92 or other similar SA/DA.
Heavy triggers can be shot well to as long as they are smooth. I can't remember what my 226 measured but it was super heavy and I never had a problem shooting accurately.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:52:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never had a problem with the DA/SA transition. I don't even mind a pretty heavy DA pull, as long as it's reasonably smooth.

I recently got a Sig P220 DAK and it's fantastic, but I like the "normal" Sig trigger too.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
DA/SA not hard to learn at all. You just need to learn how to stage the DA trigger, just like a revolver. Google it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:28:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
DA/SA not hard to learn at all. You just need to learn how to stage the DA trigger, just like a revolver. Google it.
View Quote
Well that's horrible advice
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah I never really staged the trigger. Just pull it all the way through.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Staging is the last thing you want.  Smooth press directly to the rear in 1 single motion.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Heavy triggers can be shot well to as long as they are smooth. I can't remember what my 226 measured but it was super heavy and I never had a problem shooting accurately.
View Quote
Quite true. I have two Hi Powers, one has a 4.5lb trigger and the other has a 9lb trigger. They are both crisp, clean and repeatable. Once you get used to the 9lb trigger it is quite easy to shoot it well.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#8]
My first two pistols were revolvers. First semi-auto pistol was a Sig P220 .45 ACP which was DA/SA like all P220 pistols. I never had any problem learning to shoot any firearms platforms. I was stupid and incorrectly believed that the H&K P7M13 pistol was too different and would be too difficult to learn. I was a dumbass. I picked one up for the first time and after 10 minutes of playing with it I quickly picked up on the beauty of the P7M13. It was a striker fired semi-auto which required squeezing the grip to cock the spring. All this sounds strange and difficult to learn. It's not. It's extremely simple and very easily to learn. It is also much safer to carry with a round chambered than any other pistol, it is much quicker to conduct a combat reload than any other pistol, and it is one of the most reliable and accurate pistols I own.

Back to your question, I never found DA/SA difficult at all to learn to use. The only pistol that I had an extremely difficult time with was a Beretta Brigadier .40 DAO which was a piece of crap. It had about a 10 lb DAO trigger and an extremely long trigger pull length (the longest of any pistol trigger length of travel that I have ever experienced in my 40 years of handling firearms).
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I shot IPSC with a DA/SA gun for years and was pretty decent with the trigger work.  However, after switching to striker fired guns I'm not going back.  I have way more trigger time with the DA/SA, but I'm still faster on the clock with striker fired pistols.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top